FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Restructuring Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty difficult, they asked a lot of technical questions after getting through the fit questions relatively quickly. Most of the fit questions were pretty standard however, so there's not much surprise there. Be prepared to know about their company and what they do, why you want to work there, and how to evaluate the financial health of companies / fix problems you might find (remove stores for example if a company needs some liquidation).

Interview Questions

• If you were to evaluate the financial health of a company, how would you do so?   1 Answer

Economic Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of testing, one casual interview and one interview with the senior managing director. First test was basic math and an English summary exercise. Second math test involved analytical and critical thinking to identify premises or true false statements. interviews were competency based and easy going. Overall process was manageable

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was done over the telephone, and lasted approximately 15 minutes. It was short, and the caller was very friendly. We set an appointment by email. There was a lot of paperwork to fill outline, more so than other document review companies.

Interview Questions

• What type of document review projects have you worked on the past?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2015.

Interview

Most of the people I interviewed with were friendly and engaging. I was contacted via LinkedIn based on skills present on my profile, and met with the person contacting me. First round was just a basic behavioral meeting. Second round was a case interview which on the whole was not too difficult, just sifting through a lot of data and telling a story with the information to interviewers. The third round, after being called back post-case interview, was overall a negative experience. I believed that since I had been through the case interview and had been called back that the rest of the interview process would be goodness of fit. The third round felt like a first round interview; lots of questioning my choice to interview with the company - overall, it felt negative and unprofessional. Furthermore, I had been contacted by them to begin with, so the way I see it, we needed to both decide we would want to work together. Then, on top of all of this, two weeks later, after having officially applied online, I was notified by their email subsystem that I 'would no longer be considered for the position.' Thinking this was strange, I contacted the employee who had made initial contact with me, and they told me that they had not made a decision and that this email was a mistake. Since contacting that person about the email, I have yet to hear anything from them. Overall, I am surprised at the hiccups along the way in this process. From what I have read on Glassdoor, most have not experienced this type of process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not want to use either of your degrees in your career?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, very friendly, mostly behavioral for the first round, few basic finance questions (3 financial statements). Final rounds were mostly behavioral and one case interview. The case interview dealt with a finance related problem in my interview but that wont always be the case. Make sure you know why you want to go into financial consulting.

Interview Questions

• You should know basic finance (Valuation, Financial Statements)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal process very chatty, quick responsive, keen to show me about the firm, friendly, informative, smooth, explained ambition of firm, type of work, travel requirements, salary open and bonus discussed

Interview Questions

• Why FTI, why Resturcturing, experience, view in travel   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Reached out through email at first and scheduled call. Asked about my background in the industry and to talk about some of the jobs I worked on to basically see if I was qualified for the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging client on one of the jobs you worked on   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR recruiter, and interviewed with four managers. All managers were very nice, and provided good information about the position and company. Interview process too a little longer than I expected. However, that could have also been due to the holidays in between.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question