FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

Healthcare Consulting Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Pre-night with FTI on campus and had interviews early the next morning. Interviewer seemed very laid back and was conversational. Asked basic behavioral questions. Sold me a lot on the job.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Interview consisted of a initial phone interview and an excel worksheet test. The phone interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and consisted of open ended questions such as "Tell me more about yourself."

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions
    • Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer
    2 weeks

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2009.

Interview process was fairly straightforward, a phone interview to qualify, and then three in person interviews, one being a group format. The questions were very standard interview questions, nothing that would surprise someone who was prepared.

I was a bit under qualified, and had made this concern known to the HR guy, but he still encouraged me to press on. That said, I felt like all the interviews focused on my experience (as they should) and questioned whether I was qualified. All good except for they knew this going in, so guess I questioned whether I should have been there in the first place. So my only complaint is that he HR guy was too eager for me to interview, whether than figure out if I'm actually right for the job.

Interview Questions
    • What specifically about your previous work experience qualifies your for the role of project manager?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2008.

1 on campus interview and 6 behavioral interviews at office.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2008.

The interview process was not very structured. Some interviewers had technical questions while others were probing to see if "I was a good guy".

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the finanical statements are inter-related and which one would be the best one to choose if you only had an opportunity to view one.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were channeled through HR which made it difficult to push past the initial offer. This may be a different experience for others as I was coming out of school to take this offer.

Financial Litigation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

The first interview was all behavioral & resume questions.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

1st round is behavioral interview, very typical. 2nd round is in the office, 4 interviews with Managers, then lunch with two consultants.