FTI Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

119 interviews

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions
    • Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

First had an on campus 30 min with a managing director. It was mostly easy behavioral questions but he did ask me a string of basic technical questions (how would I determine the financial health of a company given their financial statements, what happens to cash if accounts payable goes up, etc.). This was strange because I talked to two boys with my same background about their interviews and they had all behavioral, so I assumed I was asked technicals because I am a girl...

Second round was a super day in nyc. Got flown out, put up in a hotel, steak dinner, and 3 interviews the next day (2 behavioral, 1 technical). Everyone was pretty nice and the interviews weren't so hard.

Interview Questions
    • There was written case on the super day. Had to write a recommendation given some financial metrics about a company and a newspaper article.   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
    Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
    The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
    career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
    The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
    to worry about.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Saw an online ad, sent in my resume and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled to have another phone interview with the principals but that was changed to an in person interview with both the managing director and the senior managing director. The discussion with the managing director was straight forward, no real challenging/difficult questions. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the discussion with the senior managing director, even though I was told it would be only 5-10 minutes. No real challenging questions during this discussion either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about experience related to crisis communications, communications plan, coalition work and experience working with clients.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2013.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I didn't pass this interview, but if you did you can expect to do an Excel based test.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2012.

Applied for summer internship through campus career center. Was selected for first round (1:1 interview with senior analyst). Asked about courses (econometrics specifically) and asked for details about projects, and some specific questions about regressions. Rest of the interview was behavioral questions. Interviewer was not that personable, and did not feel like I connected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone who was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2013.

The interviewer asked a technical question about SQL in the first round interview, did not expect to answer that and answered it incorrectly. Make sure you prepare some basica SQL knowledge even they said the first round interview questions are all behavioral-based in the pre-night event.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to word with someone who is really difficult.   Answer Question