FTI Consulting

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Getting the Interview

108 candidate interviews

Data Analytics Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview questions. Consisted of several short interviews with different employees.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Government Audit Consultant Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter who asked if they could send my resume to FTI. I had a telephone interview, which went very well. I was asked to come in and have an in person interview that would last several hours. I met one on one with the immediate supervisor, who then had me meet with the director of the office. It went very well. About 2 days later the supervisor called me and told me that they were having trouble getting "corporate" to approve the position. a week later the supervisor called and said that corporate HR told them they has to wait until August/September to hire for the position. By labor day I had found a new job, so i never called back.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations when dealing with clients? What do you do if you are having problems on a project?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you were succesful in completing a project?   Answer Question

FLC Core Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was all fti questions. The final round had 2-3 general technical finance questions asked and 1 whole interview was all technicals based on the classes I took in school. Whether that was only happened with my particular interview, I'm not sure.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.

FEDA Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

Interview Details – composed of 3 interviews. 2 of them were fit, the last was technical.

Interview Question – What would you do if a client has information missing in their database   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Interview Question – normal questions   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Interview Details – I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Interview Question – What do you think you would do at FTI Consulting?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting