FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Questions

• None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   1 Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

FEDA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Contract Attorney -Chinese Document Review Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

They really cared about your prior experience in document review and your language skills. They also requested an ALTA language test to be taken so that they would access your linguistic skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick. Questions on background, resume, data structure . How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL. Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end. The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure. How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied and had the first interview on campus. All behavioral questions, very relaxed and stress-free. Was selected to the final round at the office. Three back-to back interviews with professionals at different levels. Again, mostly fit-type conversations. Had a chance to interact with young consultants who just started there - everybody was nice and open; overall, felt like a very comfortable environment to work in.

Document Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was relatively easy and brief, only lasting about 10-15 minutes. The interviewer was interested in what my previous experiences have been in the field and how I felt I would be a good fit for what they were doing. I explained what I have been doing in my career over the last few years and what brought me to choose FTI as my next step. She was very pleasant to speak with and spoke highly of her experience working with FTI over the last few years. Overall, I felt very comfortable with the experience and was invited to join their team at the end, pending additional conflicts checks for a project starting immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FTI?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email later that day asking to set up a call with someone from human resources. We spoke for about 25 minutes and it was not anything difficult and there were no trick questions or anything. He said he would follow up with me within a week and after 10 days I sent a follow up email and never got a response. It has been more than 2 months now and I still haven't heard back.