FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL

Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied and had the first interview on campus. All behavioral questions, very relaxed and stress-free. Was selected to the final round at the office. Three back-to back interviews with professionals at different levels. Again, mostly fit-type conversations. Had a chance to interact with young consultants who just started there - everybody was nice and open; overall, felt like a very comfortable environment to work in.

Consultant - FLC/Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Was invited to a cocktail hour the night before the interview with the other individuals interviewing. It was a good opportunity to get to know about the company from those that work there. Interview was fairly straightforward. I took the interviewer through my resume and the following questions became very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me to expand on a project I had done in the past.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   1 Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

FEDA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Macy's Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Contract Attorney -Chinese Document Review Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

They really cared about your prior experience in document review and your language skills. They also requested an ALTA language test to be taken so that they would access your linguistic skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.