FTI Consulting

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2011.

Interview Details – One on one campus interview with managing director. Very nice guy who did most of the talking. Wasn't sure if he was looking for me to take control of the interview. Interview seemed a little casual as we discussed things like travel and cultures and economics. He spent some time describing how selective they were. He asked me what I knew about the position, my background, and why I waited so long to apply.

Consultant
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was a senior consultant. The interview was 45 minutes long and had to do a case analysis. We spend about 5 minutes talking about the resume and why i want to work for the company. The rest of time was devoted to the case analysis.

Interview Question – what do you know about FTI consulting and why do you want to work for FTI consulting   Answer Question

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and cover letter on University recruiting website and interviewed on campus with the partner of the FEDA team. Got a phone call the next day for a second interview the following week at the San Francisco office. Met with the FEDA team the night before the actual interviews for a Happy Hour social event to get to know the people better. Went through 3 rounds of 30-minute interviews the next day; 1 technical, 1 behavioral, and 1 for company fit. The people that I met was really great and I really enjoyed the company culture so I was very sad that I wasn't able to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken Stats before? If so, can you tell me what a p-value is?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze something.   Answer Question

Director - Restructuring Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Interview Details – FTI is good at restructuring work. I spent 6 months following up with the Managing Directors, at their request, once per week or so that were initally respectful. Don't waste your time as I was told we're "3 1/2 years from needing someone." Understanding you won't interview Friday and start Monday, why are you wasting time talking to folks when you say multiple times we'll need people over the next month, and then after a face to face you come back with this. Are you kidding me! What a joke and utter waste of time!

Interview Questions

• Generic case... Here's a client situations and the challenges around it. Please come back with your recommendations.   Answer Question
  • We travel out on travel the first of the month and back the 21st. Why would you want to do this it's a horrible life.   View Answer

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers.
I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions.
The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview.
I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them.
FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Financial Litigation Consultant Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was all behavioral & resume questions.

Interview Question – What makes you an ideal candidate for FTI?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2008.

Interview Details – 1 on campus interview and 6 behavioral interviews at office.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Question – Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks

Project Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straightforward, a phone interview to qualify, and then three in person interviews, one being a group format. The questions were very standard interview questions, nothing that would surprise someone who was prepared.

I was a bit under qualified, and had made this concern known to the HR guy, but he still encouraged me to press on. That said, I felt like all the interviews focused on my experience (as they should) and questioned whether I was qualified. All good except for they knew this going in, so guess I questioned whether I should have been there in the first place. So my only complaint is that he HR guy was too eager for me to interview, whether than figure out if I'm actually right for the job.

Interview Question – What specifically about your previous work experience qualifies your for the role of project manager?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Question – What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting