FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Questions
    • How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern- Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two consultants from the local branch (4 interviewers total). One interviewer was an analyst and the other was a senior consultant or director. All behavioral questions and really laid back interviewers. I felt very comfortable considering it was my first interview

Interview Questions
    • What is a mistake you have made, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

CME Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Questions
    • terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions
    • They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question
    Very bland, they had no benefits.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

round robin interviews some situational questions as exampled: "you are here and this occurs, please explain how you would approach the occurrence..."
    Offer if interview goes well, happens quickly

typical

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2012.

Found an employee's contact information online and asked if they had internship opportunities. Very welcoming and kind during interview. Asked about previous experience in Marketing and other job experiences in general. Wanted to get an idea of my skill set to see what I could contribute to the company. Asked about my long-term career goals.

FEDA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

composed of 3 interviews. 2 of them were fit, the last was technical.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client has information missing in their database   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

We had dinner with several people including other candidates the night before the interview. Everyone was either a marathon runner or a JMU graduate or both. They talked a mainly about past college football games. During the interview I was led around by one person to different offices. I met with 3 people total. The managers (2) asked more analytical questions about past work and how I would handle certain data situations while the partner (1) asked more personality questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a question on how to deal with outlier observations in a categorical dataset. The interviewer was very stoic when asking questions. My answer was to flag it and follow up with the source to check the integrity of the data. But I think it would've been better to elaborate more.   View Answer