FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

Submitted resume and cover letter on University recruiting website and interviewed on campus with the partner of the FEDA team. Got a phone call the next day for a second interview the following week at the San Francisco office. Met with the FEDA team the night before the actual interviews for a Happy Hour social event to get to know the people better. Went through 3 rounds of 30-minute interviews the next day; 1 technical, 1 behavioral, and 1 for company fit. The people that I met was really great and I really enjoyed the company culture so I was very sad that I wasn't able to get a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you taken Stats before? If so, can you tell me what a p-value is?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze something.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2011.

The interviewer was a senior consultant. The interview was 45 minutes long and had to do a case analysis. We spend about 5 minutes talking about the resume and why i want to work for the company. The rest of time was devoted to the case analysis.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about FTI consulting and why do you want to work for FTI consulting   Answer Question

Financial Litigation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

The first interview was all behavioral & resume questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Senior Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

I was contacted directly by the company and had several interviews. I found the employees of the company to be intelligent and engaged. The physical office spaces I visited were professional, albeit a bit tired. In the end, I did not choose to pursue employment with the firm because they did not have a strong enough footing in my practice area and several of my existing clients were hesitant about my going to the firm. Nevertheless, if FTI were more visible in my practice area, I likely would have tried to make the move.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate to New York if we paid for the move and provided an apartment for the duration of your employment?   View Answer

Government Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

I was called by a recruiter who asked if they could send my resume to FTI. I had a telephone interview, which went very well. I was asked to come in and have an in person interview that would last several hours. I met one on one with the immediate supervisor, who then had me meet with the director of the office. It went very well. About 2 days later the supervisor called me and told me that they were having trouble getting "corporate" to approve the position. a week later the supervisor called and said that corporate HR told them they has to wait until August/September to hire for the position. By labor day I had found a new job, so i never called back.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult situations when dealing with clients? What do you do if you are having problems on a project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were succesful in completing a project?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions
    • Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer
    2 weeks

Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

The first round interview was a 1:1 and not difficult to get past. Before the second round interviews began, a formal lunch was served off-site. Don't be fooled, this is an informal interview. The second interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews in which one tended to be more of a technical skills administered through a simple case study. The corporate culture was quiet and there was a lot of young and talented individuals.

Everyone was welcoming and observant of everything you do from the time you first walk in the office. You will be judged by your lunch partners, your buddy, and your interviews. If you like the environment that is similar to the quiet accounting office, this may be a good fit. Do your research of the evolution of the corporation since its inception and come prepared with lots of well thought out questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the FEDA team?   Answer Question
    • Review this case and give me the number and process of how you would calculate the settlement figure.   Answer Question