FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview/phone interview which lasted about 30-45 minutes; majority of the questions were behavioral with one technical question. Office visit consisted of lunch with a couple of individuals and three 30-45 minute interviews, which covered behavioral, technical and fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Some case scenarios were asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I didn't pass this interview, but if you did you can expect to do an Excel based test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone call from in-house recruiter. I got an email and then they followed up with a call. I had applied online through their website. The recruiter was doing the typical phone screen to see if I basically had a pulse and could communicate. They were pleasant and I got the feeling they were doing a bunch of these in a row so it was pretty mechanical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my resume, ideal type of job, and salary. It was a phone screen so they were trying to see if I should come in for an interview. It was the basic questions that they could just get off my resume.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with four directors and managing directors. Very informal and mostly just wanted to see if we got along. Once passing that they brought me in for a written test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Roseland, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions

• There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Got through the resume screen and then had 2-30 minute interviews with mid-upper level members of FTI Consulting

Interview Questions

• None, know why consulting, why FTI and the industry you're interviewing for   Answer Question