FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Litigation Consultant Interview

Financial Litigation Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was all behavioral & resume questions.

Interview Question – What makes you an ideal candidate for FTI?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2008.

Interview Details – 1 on campus interview and 6 behavioral interviews at office.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Question – Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straightforward, a phone interview to qualify, and then three in person interviews, one being a group format. The questions were very standard interview questions, nothing that would surprise someone who was prepared.

I was a bit under qualified, and had made this concern known to the HR guy, but he still encouraged me to press on. That said, I felt like all the interviews focused on my experience (as they should) and questioned whether I was qualified. All good except for they knew this going in, so guess I questioned whether I should have been there in the first place. So my only complaint is that he HR guy was too eager for me to interview, whether than figure out if I'm actually right for the job.

Interview Question – What specifically about your previous work experience qualifies your for the role of project manager?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant)
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Question – What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2008.

Interview Details – I met with 2 other analyst and 3 senior staff members. Interview consists of a case study to test your qualitative and quantitative skills

Interview Question – Common questions were asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial interview on campus and then a superday at their office. On the superday, I interviewed with 4 different people at different hierarchical levels. Everyone was very nice. No accounting or technical questions. Mostly behavioral and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this group?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – First round was one on one with HR. Plus a writing test....
Everything was easy. Just a standard "tell me about yourself" type of question and why us type... fairly standard.
the essay portion was to write about anything in about 10 minutes. so I just wrote about a pretty standard SAT/GMAT type essay.

Second round with about four people at the division. Nothing special. No trick question.

Interview Question – Why FTI?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1st round is behavioral interview, very typical. 2nd round is in the office, 4 interviews with Managers, then lunch with two consultants.

Interview Question – Litigation-based case question (estimate costs).   Answer Question