FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

CME Intern Interview

CME Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Question – terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers.
I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions.
The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview.
I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them.
FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Interview Questions

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1st round is behavioral interview, very typical. 2nd round is in the office, 4 interviews with Managers, then lunch with two consultants.

Interview Question – Litigation-based case question (estimate costs).   Answer Question

Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

Interview Details – The first round interview was a 1:1 and not difficult to get past. Before the second round interviews began, a formal lunch was served off-site. Don't be fooled, this is an informal interview. The second interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews in which one tended to be more of a technical skills administered through a simple case study. The corporate culture was quiet and there was a lot of young and talented individuals.

Everyone was welcoming and observant of everything you do from the time you first walk in the office. You will be judged by your lunch partners, your buddy, and your interviews. If you like the environment that is similar to the quiet accounting office, this may be a good fit. Do your research of the evolution of the corporation since its inception and come prepared with lots of well thought out questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the FEDA team?   Answer Question
  • Review this case and give me the number and process of how you would calculate the settlement figure.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2009.

Interview Details – The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Question – if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!