FTI Consulting

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Valuations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I went through one round of interview with a managing director. I was expecting it to be very behaviroal based (due to the other glassdoor post), but it was all technical. I don't think we touched my resume at all. It was full of brainteasers and technical questions. It seemed like the interviewer was testing how I could cope in a stressful situation. Overall, it felt more like a banking question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me five uses for a brick. (very time pressured)   View Answer

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions
    • Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

N/A

CME Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Questions
    • terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2009.

The first round interview was a 1:1 and not difficult to get past. Before the second round interviews began, a formal lunch was served off-site. Don't be fooled, this is an informal interview. The second interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews in which one tended to be more of a technical skills administered through a simple case study. The corporate culture was quiet and there was a lot of young and talented individuals.

Everyone was welcoming and observant of everything you do from the time you first walk in the office. You will be judged by your lunch partners, your buddy, and your interviews. If you like the environment that is similar to the quiet accounting office, this may be a good fit. Do your research of the evolution of the corporation since its inception and come prepared with lots of well thought out questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the FEDA team?   Answer Question
    • Review this case and give me the number and process of how you would calculate the settlement figure.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

1st round is behavioral interview, very typical. 2nd round is in the office, 4 interviews with Managers, then lunch with two consultants.

Financial Enterprise Data Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2009.

The interview took place on campus where I was interviewed by one of the managers.
    I didn't make it to the second round interviews but the first interview consisted of behavioral questions.
    The manager was very nice and enthusiastic and seemed like she really cared about my answers and our interview.
    I asked her various questions about the firm such as work culture as well as the quality of employees and she did a wonderful job in answering them.
    FTI is different from other consulting firms in that they're a litigation consulting firm but I have had a couple of friends who worked for FTI and have told me it was a pretty awesome consulting gig.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2009.

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions
    • if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question