FTI Consulting Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Life Sciences Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

1 hour on campus, then superday. Nothing too technical, but hardcore behavioral questions. they want to see how you fit/ how you think, can you talk to people. They are also looking for someone who is good with data analysis and someone who can be personable. The Superday was not too long , no case questions.

Interview Questions

• If I give you a large amount of information, how do you filter through it?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Three stages. First screening by recruiter then interviewed by project manager then have to go to their office for in person registration (criminal background check and work history basically). No discussion of specifics during screening (rate of pay, hours, if there is OT); project managers provide details. This company previously used staffing agencies and is now doing the hiring directly so they have recruiters out in CA doing the screening for the project managers.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions for this type of work; but did ask about "how" skills were acquired.   1 Answer

Accepted another offer before FTI made me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Contract Attorney -Chinese Document Review Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

They really cared about your prior experience in document review and your language skills. They also requested an ALTA language test to be taken so that they would access your linguistic skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Roseland, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions

• There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Newark, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions

• They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very bland, they had no benefits.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

round robin interviews some situational questions as exampled: "you are here and this occurs, please explain how you would approach the occurrence..." Offer if interview goes well, happens quickly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

typical

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was actually very pleasant. It started with a couple of phone calls in which I was invited to do most of the talking. There's a lot of focus on the candidate's background and not quite as much about the company's day-to-day operations as I would have liked to have seen. Once I got there, I can kind of see why they didn't have a lot to say. You are very much on your own with no training.

Interview Questions

• How to you value a corporation? This one is so open ended, I had a hard time encapsulating the right answer given the narrow focus of the financial job I was applying for at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.