FTI Consulting

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in August 2014.

Three stages. First screening by recruiter then interviewed by project manager then have to go to their office for in person registration (criminal background check and work history basically). No discussion of specifics during screening (rate of pay, hours, if there is OT); project managers provide details. This company previously used staffing agencies and is now doing the hiring directly so they have recruiters out in CA doing the screening for the project managers.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions for this type of work; but did ask about "how" skills were acquired.   View Answer

Accepted another offer before FTI made me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question
    They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions
    • They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question
    Very bland, they had no benefits.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

round robin interviews some situational questions as exampled: "you are here and this occurs, please explain how you would approach the occurrence..."
    Offer if interview goes well, happens quickly

typical

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2012.

The interview process was actually very pleasant. It started with a couple of phone calls in which I was invited to do most of the talking. There's a lot of focus on the candidate's background and not quite as much about the company's day-to-day operations as I would have liked to have seen. Once I got there, I can kind of see why they didn't have a lot to say. You are very much on your own with no training.

Interview Questions
    • How to you value a corporation? This one is so open ended, I had a hard time encapsulating the right answer given the narrow focus of the financial job I was applying for at the time.   Answer Question
    None.

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

FLC Core Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

The first round was all fti questions. The final round had 2-3 general technical finance questions asked and 1 whole interview was all technicals based on the classes I took in school. Whether that was only happened with my particular interview, I'm not sure.