FTI Consulting

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Interview Question – normal questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Internal Sorcing Interview

Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Roseland, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Question – There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – round robin interviews some situational questions as exampled: "you are here and this occurs, please explain how you would approach the occurrence..."
Offer if interview goes well, happens quickly

Interview Question – None really, all relative to area of focus   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – typical

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – Received interview through employee referral. Interview was 1:1 in the campus recruiting center. Mainly consisted of going through resume/CV. Not a whole lot of questions, mainly about fit/feel, career goals, etc. Was not offered, probably because I was hesitant to express my love for auditing when he asked (accounting major).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for FTI?   Answer Question

Strategic Communications Junior Analyst Interview

New York, NY

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2011.

Interview Details – There were two rounds. The first round was relatively easy, just going over your resume and various behavioral questions for half an hour. The final round consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, each questioning you on various skills and thinking methodologies, etc. as well as a presentation, which was probably also a test. The final round was a long day for sure. FTI was also stupidly slow with the time it took them to notify you of admittance to the next round and then of the offer.

FLC Core Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round was all fti questions. The final round had 2-3 general technical finance questions asked and 1 whole interview was all technicals based on the classes I took in school. Whether that was only happened with my particular interview, I'm not sure.

Interview Questions

Senior Managing Director Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly by the company and had several interviews. I found the employees of the company to be intelligent and engaged. The physical office spaces I visited were professional, albeit a bit tired. In the end, I did not choose to pursue employment with the firm because they did not have a strong enough footing in my practice area and several of my existing clients were hesitant about my going to the firm. Nevertheless, if FTI were more visible in my practice area, I likely would have tried to make the move.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate to New York if we paid for the move and provided an apartment for the duration of your employment?   View Answer

Senior Consultant (Forensic Accountant) Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had to first set-up an appointment to speak to their recruiter over the phone and than he made the decision to suggest me to come in to the NY office to interview. Here I met with 2 Directors and 1 Senior Director one at a time. They asked me the same questions, so I basically repeated myself 3 times. Than it took them 3.5 weeks to email me a rejection. Come to realize they have had this position advertised for over 1.5 years and haven't hired anyone new for a few years anyway. I basically feel that I was definitely qualified and experienced enough for the position but did not fit the cookie cutter Idea of the perfect candidate and their was no immediate "need" to hire. I take it as good interview experience for my future.

The asked typical interview questions and focus on my experience.

Interview Question – What do you know about FTI and why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this group?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.