FTI Consulting SENIOR Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email later that day asking to set up a call with someone from human resources. We spoke for about 25 minutes and it was not anything difficult and there were no trick questions or anything. He said he would follow up with me within a week and after 10 days I sent a follow up email and never got a response. It has been more than 2 months now and I still haven't heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions

• Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with MD of GRIP after being put in touch with a recruiter. In-person interview was fairly informal, straight-forward and altogether fairly easy. Seemed like more of an assessment of my interest and dedication to the industry as opposed to competency (my CV more or less speaks for itself in terms of experience). Second interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with 3 additional MDs. This interview as well was fairly simple, with the only added layer of difficulty being that it was a 3on1 interview. There was also a Chinese language component (due to this position being in greater China). Topics covered include anti-corruption compliance, enhanced due diligence, fraud investigations, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and didn't expect anything. The recruiter contacted me after a week and scheduled a phone interview. During the phone screening, I led the whole talk. I think I was very persuasive and did a good job. At the end, the recruiter said I had an very impressive experience and he would send my information to hiring manager and get back to me as soon as possible. And I never heard from him any more. I sent a follow up letter after 10 days, still no reply.

Interview Questions

• Why did you left that company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions

• if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Reached out through email at first and scheduled call. Asked about my background in the industry and to talk about some of the jobs I worked on to basically see if I was qualified for the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging client on one of the jobs you worked on   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR recruiter, and interviewed with four managers. All managers were very nice, and provided good information about the position and company. Interview process too a little longer than I expected. However, that could have also been due to the holidays in between.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FTI Consulting (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions

• Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   1 Answer

Negotiation

2 weeks