FTI Consulting Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

One on one campus interview with managing director. Very nice guy who did most of the talking. Wasn't sure if he was looking for me to take control of the interview. Interview seemed a little casual as we discussed things like travel and cultures and economics. He spent some time describing how selective they were. He asked me what I knew about the position, my background, and why I waited so long to apply.

Forensics & Litigations - FEDA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter on University recruiting website and interviewed on campus with the partner of the FEDA team. Got a phone call the next day for a second interview the following week at the San Francisco office. Met with the FEDA team the night before the actual interviews for a Happy Hour social event to get to know the people better. Went through 3 rounds of 30-minute interviews the next day; 1 technical, 1 behavioral, and 1 for company fit. The people that I met was really great and I really enjoyed the company culture so I was very sad that I wasn't able to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken Stats before? If so, can you tell me what a p-value is?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to analyze something.   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

1st Round 1. Case: You have 3 communications groups: Big-box, mid-size, black market. How would each of the groups be affected if a new law passes that penalizes groups that conduct in unbusiness-like practices. This law penalizes any company that breaks the agreement signed by the big box and mid size companies, but not the black market. How does this affect market share? How does this affect sales? How would you measure the change in share, and capture of the market. Draw a graph of the change in market size that you believe will happen. 2. You are given an excel spreadsheet, and the interviewer asks you to go through line item by line item and analyze the data and what the spreadsheet means.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

I met with 2 other analyst and 3 senior staff members. Interview consists of a case study to test your qualitative and quantitative skills