FTI Consulting

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this group?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Question – Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Negotiation Details – Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Interview Details – Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Question – Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was not very structured. Some interviewers had technical questions while others were probing to see if "I was a good guy".

Interview Question – Explain how the finanical statements are inter-related and which one would be the best one to choose if you only had an opportunity to view one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were channeled through HR which made it difficult to push past the initial offer. This may be a different experience for others as I was coming out of school to take this offer.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2009.

Interview Details – The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Question – if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.