FTI Consulting Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 23, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Foreign Legal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Brief phone interview then brought in for an interview with 5 people. Originally set with 5 kind of higher up people, but 3 cancelled last minute and sent in random underlings to interview me. They did answer questions I had, but seemed more interested in talking about themselves than finding out if I would be a good fit. I feel like I didn't get the chance to tell them why I would be a good fit because I did not interrupt them.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a half an hour quiz on a computer. It was like reliving the LSATs.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2011.

Referred through agency in New York. Project manager called for phone interview. Hired me during that conversation.

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2012.

Consisted of 2 30 minute interviews. Almost all behavioral questions. Not too hard.

Government Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in June 2010.

I was called by a recruiter who asked if they could send my resume to FTI. I had a telephone interview, which went very well. I was asked to come in and have an in person interview that would last several hours. I met one on one with the immediate supervisor, who then had me meet with the director of the office. It went very well. About 2 days later the supervisor called me and told me that they were having trouble getting "corporate" to approve the position. a week later the supervisor called and said that corporate HR told them they has to wait until August/September to hire for the position. By labor day I had found a new job, so i never called back.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle difficult situations when dealing with clients? What do you do if you are having problems on a project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were succesful in completing a project?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions
    • Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer
    2 weeks

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!