FTI Consulting

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Withheld Interview

Withheld

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website. Was contacted a day or two later via email by a recruiter and was asked to set up a time for a phone interview. Had the phone interview and was then told that my info would be passed on to the hiring manager and I would be contacted if there was interest. A week later I was contacted again via email by the recruiter and asked for a time to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. Short phone interview with the hiring manager and was told that I would be contacted by the recruiter. Recruiter contacted me the next day and said they would like to schedule an in person interview and she would get back to me. A month later I contacted the recruiter since I had not heard anything. Was told that the position might be on hold and/or not filled. A few days later I was contacted again and now told that interviews would take place.

The in person interview was roughly 2.5 hours and consisted of 30 minute blocks with a bunch of people in the department. Arrived on time and was told they were running behind schedule. Evidently someone else was already on the 'interview course' before me and they were taking their time. Met with the first person and they were very mindful of the 30 minute time frame. Had to wait for the next interviewer, and the next, and the next. Horrible interview situation and scheduling. Never experienced something like that. Felt like I didn't have adequate time and felt that I was looked at in a bad way because the person interviewing ahead of me was long winded and I was always waiting to move on. Finished with the last person and was essentially pointed to the door (oh, turn left it's over there). Not a good experience. I didn't get an offer but that's fine because I don't think I would have taken it after the interview experience. If you're going to schedule it like that build in an extra 20 - 30 minutes between interviewees to allow for extra time.

Interview Question – What is something that you feel you need to work on?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting Withheld interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.