FTSE Group

Updated Jan 4, 2015

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTSE Group

Quantitative Research Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTSE Group.

The manager asked me some some questions regarding my resume. Basically, if you are proficient at telling your past experience, it is fine. Be able to show your passion in the finance industry. For instance, I talked about my experience in a valuation challenge and the manager seemed to be very interested in the experience. BTW, a good academic record is quite important, at least for the manager who interviewed me. Overall, the interview was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FTSE Group in May 2011.

The whole process was driven by a recruiter who seemed decent and working closely with FTSE. There were 2 interviews within just a few days - they were in a hurry to close the deal. I met a technical person and a director. The director asked me about what split is, dividend and a few other terms from the financial terminology - so prepare to articulate what PE ration is etc. The recruiter did help in narrowing down the list and it was interesting to review that. The technical person asked me easy questions from .NET such as what is the difference between DataAdapter and DataSet/DataReader, how to optimize SQL query and similar.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate - left it to the recruiter, received a good salary increase. Gave a prompt answer. If you are a technology person be aware that FTSE is not about technology. With 2 different camps in technology - a new department and an old one there is some friction and technology is generally and afterthought. Consider this, ask to what the environment is, to see where people work then make your decision. Good luck.