FUNimation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at FUNimation

Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FUNimation.

After some brief phone interviews I was invited to an in-person portfolio review followed by an in-person interview with HR and a tour of the FUNimation offices. The interview process was standard. Everyone was friendly during my interview.

Subtitler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online – interviewed at FUNimation.

One phone call received. Called in for interview with the Manager where she discussed the position and you told her why you were interested in working for FUNimation. Great environment to walk through; I was immediately taken through and introduced to other employees during the interview.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FUNimation.

Overall about two months and 4 interviews

Interview Questions
    two emails back and forth.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FUNimation in February 2011.

Initial Communications were good. Phone interviews went well, easy get-to-know you kind of style. Then came in for the 1-on-1 interview, but first was given a skills test re: artwork and corrections you would make to some of their product/art...I guess I did alright on that part. During the interview portion, I felt like the position was already filled as I felt the interviewer was just going through the motions and half listening. Talked to HR and filled out their forms for a background check, etc. Then never heard from them again. 5 or 6 months later, I was called by HR regarding another position and when I came in I interviewed with 2 people for a newly formed position (after waiting a really LONG time.) Also never heard back from them but I did hear from a friend who worked there that they hired internally for that position.

Interview Questions
    • ODD question - they confided that they are all geeks there, and asked if I was too...I said yes so as to conform to their culture (entirely ungeeky), and then they asked what was my dorkiest hobby was? Uhhhhh? I was stumped. I think I said I like to read. LOL. That was obviously not geeky enough to work there!! I blame it on that one year of cheer-leading, those geeks could smell it on me! ;-/   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FUNimation in August 2010.

Initially I was contact for a phone interview. The employer was friendly and knowledgeable. Upon completion of my phone interview, I was invited back for an in-person interview and an assessment test. The building was really exciting to see, decorated with posters from shows that they license. The work stations are setup in cubicles - but the spaces itself is open and the departments are disconnected. Each cubicle was elaborately decorated with toys, posters and other collectible items. Being given a tour of the building is a really nice touch. After I spoke with the employer for a while, I performed my assessment. While still nervous, I feel like the environment makes it a lot easier to work in. Everyone at the company was friendly and unique. People are allowed to be themselves.