FXCM

Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.8

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in September 2012.

The Interview process consisted of a quick phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office for an in person interview. The interview started with a webcam interview with the hiring manager in Texas for about 30 minutes. Next was an interview with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • What economic term can you explain in terms that anyone can understand?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in July 2010.

One interview which consisted of interviewing with five market specialists. Do not try to talk about something you do not know, because they will call you out on it. Give you an article to read and interpret; basically you read it and they say , "go". Must be able to articulate your skills and make sure you show them why you stand out.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FXCM.

I was interviewed by three FXCM employees: first, by a language specialist, then by a team lead, and last by the VP of the office. I did extensive research on the company and on currency trading in general; as such, I was prepared.

Interview Questions
    • The pace of the questioning was quick.   View Answer

FX Sales Broker Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

First round interview was over the phone- Pretty easy. What do you know about the company, why did you chose your major and tell me why you think you are good for this position. Second interview was at the office: Met with my potential boss and VP of Sales. They were very rude and didn't give to the time of day to answer question. Asked my 5 year plan, why I should be hired, what is their greatest fear in hiring me etc.

FX Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Initial communications were with the recruiter and involved general questions about my background, a series of 3 in-person interviews followed. Passion for the FOREX markets is a must for the position. Reading everything on the website, getting a demo account and actively trading yourself is necessary to be a valuable sales associate. The management are friendly and open to being asked questions themselves.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in September 2011.

Phone interview, then I went into the office and met with a HR representative. It was all "fit" questions. Then a manager came in and gave me a few technical questions about the markets and specifically the currency markets. Know your stuff. Know what currencies are doing and why.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the euro weak against the dollar   View Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in March 2012.

First FXCM called me for the initial phone screen in which they asked me about my resume. They told me some administrative things such as the salary and the hours/week that the position entailed. Afterwards, they set up an on-site interview with me for the following week. This interview was actually rather tough. First, I spoke with an HR representative who asked about my resume, how I heard about the position, and why I thought I was suitable for this position; she also gave me something to read in 10 minutes and I was to be asked about it by someone else. Then I spoke with the person whose team I would actually be working for. He asked me about the article what I thought it meant, what has happened recently in the markets, what is going on in Europe, what affects interest rates, about different types of analyses, spoke to me in a foreign language in which I responded, and basically tested to see if I knew how different markets affected others around the world. Sometimes he asked me about specific examples, but I did not know those in particular. Overall, it was a pretty challenging, yet positive, interview process in which I had to think about my answers quite a bit.

There is no negotiation.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in July 2012.

I had 3 total interviews: One with HR, one with the manager, and one with his manager (VP). The 3rd interview actually consisted of all three, one after the other. The woman in HR was very nice and asked easy interview questions: Why FXCM? What qualifies you?, etc. The manager asked slightly more probing questions testing market knowledge, previous experience, etc.

What really surprised me was the incompetence of the VP during the process. Like a good interviewee, I brought multiple copies of my resume, dressed in sharp suit, remained polite, but the VP was very disrespectful. During the end of the interview he mentioned that "honestly, [he] did not even look over [my] resume because I didn't see anything applicable to this job on it." I had customer service experience, an degree in Economics with a 3.97+ GPA, previous trading experience on it, and I had impressed the first two interviewers with what was on my resume. The VP instead asked an analytical brain teaser question not suitable for a representative position, and later in the interview asked that I "convince him of something". After arguing that the rental market may be a good investment right now, the VP stated: "I'm not convinced. Convince me of something else." Towards the very end of the interview, another manager interrupted twice to say we were taking too long, and that he wanted to use the room. All of these events made me uncomfortable there, and the VP only asked if I had questions after he said we were taking too long. Two weeks later I found out I was not hired. I honestly felt that the VP was more interested in making me feel intimidated and uncomfortable than he was evaluating me for the job I was interviewing for. I really felt like I wasted a great deal of time even considering working for this company. While I apparently couldn't convince the VP of anything, hopefully I can at least convince anyone reading this to be careful and skeptical if you're considering working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser: You have 9 rubber balls, and a scale. One of the rubber balls is weighted less than the others. You can use the scale twice. How do you find which ball is weighted differently?   View Answers (2)

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I was contacted by a human resources representative who was very friendly and conducted a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a live interview. The live interview was composed of two sessions. The first session was a one on one interview with the division vice president. The second session was a panel/group interview with two vice presidents of the department. There was also a computer skills exam and an application exam. After the interview sessions, I was informed that I would be notified within 2 weeks if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide information on a project/case/situation that you worked on very hard and failed. Also, describe why you think it failed.   Answer Question
    The base pay is nonnegotiable.

Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FXCM.

I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Questions
    • The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question