FXCM

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.8

Financial Service Representative Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. It was not too challenging and fairly pleasant. Second technical phone interview was setup the day after the initial phone interview, to take place the following week with a Department Head in Sales. Between the first and second interviews I was informed about how shady the company was and how unhappy its staff are. It was not going to be a fit for me so I decided to withdraw my name from consideration.

Interview Questions
    • They want amateur economists that they can pay pennies. The reason that I say this is because in the initial HR interview I was asked about recent global activity that affected the MKTs, asked to talk about a business or stock that I was following, and told that pay was 40-45k (I would not have expected any more than 40 from the conversation).   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FXCM.

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions
    • In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Got a call from HR assistant , interview was really easy, some simple test were involved. like finding mistakes in form relating to given client's detail.

RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FXCM in January 2013.

Interviewed for this position a week after applying. Interview was extremely easy. Hardly any questions were asked, which showed their lack of interest in me. Then was asked if I had any questions. I feel that it was a waste of my time. Did not receive any information about a second interview.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FXCM in August 2012.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter of FXCM after applying for the position on their website. The recruiter set up an initial phone interview which was a combination of information and personality. This interview was very common and easy. At the end of the session, she asked me to set up a time for another interview with an HR hiring manager. This interview took place about 1 week later, consisting of questions regarding market knowledge, personality and situations. This was a relatively easy interview due to the fact that I had been trading currencies with FXCM for approximately 4 years during undergrad so I knew a great deal about the FX market as well as advanced knowledge of all FXCM's products and software. I was contacted a week later to set up an interview with a team leader for the office I would be working out of, and the US VP for financial services. The first part of the interview was with the team leader who was a really nice guy and very professional and I can honestly say this was an enjoyable experience. The next interview with the VP was a complete nightmare and the worst interview I have ever had in my life. First, he was extremely rude and made it seem as if he really didn't want to be there and it was wasting his time or something. He asked me very vague questions which were difficult to find a correct answer and I wasn't even quizzed on the letter I was instructed to read. If this is the incompetency at this high a level in the company, then FXCM does not have a good future. I would really warn anyone from working here, since they are very disorganized, low pay, and upper level management seems completely obtuse as to what their role is. This whole process took about 1 month and was a complete waste of my valuable time. Who confidently goes through 4 interviews and doesn't get an offer? Well I guess I did....

Interview Questions
    • Explain the recent weakness in the Euro.   View Answer

Data Entry Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerusalem (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jerusalem (Israel)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FXCM in February 2012.

The candidate is interviewed on the phone, and if it is relevant there are a few tests and interviews at the office. There are Excel, Word and typing tests. There was also a writing test, maybe to analyze the personality or my level of English. Not difficult.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate the salary which was very low.

FX Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in June 2012.

Was a very simple interview that consisted of basic fit questions asked by a member of HR. Then, she hands you a document highlighting the mornings market news and your asked to read it. After that, the hiring manager comes and introduces himself and asks further fit questions and also walks through your resume. Finally, he asks you a few basic questions about the market to gauge if you follow the market. As long as you brush up on what's going on in the economy starting a week before, particularly anything related to the currency market, and can articulate yourself, you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name me a big news event that contributed to major market movement recently and why you think that is.   View Answer

FX Sales Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Phone interview than face to face interview the following day. First person I met with tested market knowledge from a global macroeconomic standpoint. Walk through resume. Why a good fit for sales.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FXCM in March 2013.

Group interview - 4-5 candidats gather in a room to do a typing test ( simplied Chinese) then have a group discussion and presentation. Discussion and presentation questions are general.
    Sales and sales manager interview- asking work experience related question. Company knowledge and product knowledge.
    MD interview question - very specific questions on how to handle mass amount of clients enquires, company knowledge and stress handling skill.

Interview Questions
    • MD interview question on giving a very specific answer to your previous related experience.   Answer Question
    The offer is very specific and non negotiable.