FXCM

Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Initially met one of the managers during a presentation at school where I turned in my resume. What followed was a quick prescreen phone interview that lasted about 15-20 min. where they asked the most basic questions such as periodical I read, sources of information and my experience in investments.

I then had an appointment to interview in their San Francisco office with the same manager I meet. I was initially interviewed through a teleconference monitor by someone from Dallas and then the manager afterwards. Not really technical outside of testing your knowledge of current events and the global economy. It mostly surrounded behavioral questions and getting to know you personally (teamwork, initiative, communications.. etc). Altogether it took about 1 1/2 hours. The office was small although it had a pleasant atmosphere to it with all the co-workers appearing very friendly and down to earth. I got to meet a couple after the interview. I enjoyed the whole interview process as it was completed relatively quick and everyone was very welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me what is going on in the global economy right now. (Both spent some time on this topic)   Answer Question
    • What do you not like to do in a job.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a situation where you were able to persuade someone. (emphasized this was a main job skill)   Answer Question

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FXCM in January 2013.

Had a phone interview to start with, then was scheduled for an in-person. Was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a challenge with a co-worker. How did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Explain a common technical indicator used in trading in easy an to understand format.   View Answer
    • What was the last trade you made?   Answer Question

RECONCILIATION SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at FXCM in January 2013.

Interviewed for this position a week after applying. Interview was extremely easy. Hardly any questions were asked, which showed their lack of interest in me. Then was asked if I had any questions. I feel that it was a waste of my time. Did not receive any information about a second interview.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I was contacted by a human resources representative who was very friendly and conducted a phone interview. I was contacted a week later for a live interview. The live interview was composed of two sessions. The first session was a one on one interview with the division vice president. The second session was a panel/group interview with two vice presidents of the department. There was also a computer skills exam and an application exam. After the interview sessions, I was informed that I would be notified within 2 weeks if I qualified for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Please provide information on a project/case/situation that you worked on very hard and failed. Also, describe why you think it failed.   Answer Question
    The base pay is nonnegotiable.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in September 2012.

The Interview process consisted of a quick phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited into the office for an in person interview. The interview started with a webcam interview with the hiring manager in Texas for about 30 minutes. Next was an interview with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • What economic term can you explain in terms that anyone can understand?   View Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in July 2012.

I had 3 total interviews: One with HR, one with the manager, and one with his manager (VP). The 3rd interview actually consisted of all three, one after the other. The woman in HR was very nice and asked easy interview questions: Why FXCM? What qualifies you?, etc. The manager asked slightly more probing questions testing market knowledge, previous experience, etc.

What really surprised me was the incompetence of the VP during the process. Like a good interviewee, I brought multiple copies of my resume, dressed in sharp suit, remained polite, but the VP was very disrespectful. During the end of the interview he mentioned that "honestly, [he] did not even look over [my] resume because I didn't see anything applicable to this job on it." I had customer service experience, an degree in Economics with a 3.97+ GPA, previous trading experience on it, and I had impressed the first two interviewers with what was on my resume. The VP instead asked an analytical brain teaser question not suitable for a representative position, and later in the interview asked that I "convince him of something". After arguing that the rental market may be a good investment right now, the VP stated: "I'm not convinced. Convince me of something else." Towards the very end of the interview, another manager interrupted twice to say we were taking too long, and that he wanted to use the room. All of these events made me uncomfortable there, and the VP only asked if I had questions after he said we were taking too long. Two weeks later I found out I was not hired. I honestly felt that the VP was more interested in making me feel intimidated and uncomfortable than he was evaluating me for the job I was interviewing for. I really felt like I wasted a great deal of time even considering working for this company. While I apparently couldn't convince the VP of anything, hopefully I can at least convince anyone reading this to be careful and skeptical if you're considering working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser: You have 9 rubber balls, and a scale. One of the rubber balls is weighted less than the others. You can use the scale twice. How do you find which ball is weighted differently?   View Answers (2)

FX Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in June 2012.

Was a very simple interview that consisted of basic fit questions asked by a member of HR. Then, she hands you a document highlighting the mornings market news and your asked to read it. After that, the hiring manager comes and introduces himself and asks further fit questions and also walks through your resume. Finally, he asks you a few basic questions about the market to gauge if you follow the market. As long as you brush up on what's going on in the economy starting a week before, particularly anything related to the currency market, and can articulate yourself, you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name me a big news event that contributed to major market movement recently and why you think that is.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in May 2012.

I applied to FXCM online and a few days later received an email to set up an interview. The phone interview was pretty basic, asking me questions about my resume, and my interest in FXCM and the foreign exchange market. I felt like it went well, but a few days later received an email saying that they had decided to pursue other candidates.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in March 2012.

First FXCM called me for the initial phone screen in which they asked me about my resume. They told me some administrative things such as the salary and the hours/week that the position entailed. Afterwards, they set up an on-site interview with me for the following week. This interview was actually rather tough. First, I spoke with an HR representative who asked about my resume, how I heard about the position, and why I thought I was suitable for this position; she also gave me something to read in 10 minutes and I was to be asked about it by someone else. Then I spoke with the person whose team I would actually be working for. He asked me about the article what I thought it meant, what has happened recently in the markets, what is going on in Europe, what affects interest rates, about different types of analyses, spoke to me in a foreign language in which I responded, and basically tested to see if I knew how different markets affected others around the world. Sometimes he asked me about specific examples, but I did not know those in particular. Overall, it was a pretty challenging, yet positive, interview process in which I had to think about my answers quite a bit.

There is no negotiation.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in September 2011.

Phone interview, then I went into the office and met with a HR representative. It was all "fit" questions. Then a manager came in and gave me a few technical questions about the markets and specifically the currency markets. Know your stuff. Know what currencies are doing and why.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the euro weak against the dollar   View Answer