FXCM

52 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FXCM in April 2010.

Interview Details – Immediately put off by the office- not the best location in downtown, but unclean office with soiled carpet and dingy lighting. Regardless, the interviewers were pleasant. I am not sure what went wrong since I was overqualified, but that may have been the problem- I think they didn't understand why I would want the position. I would not have taken it anyways- one interviewer kept leaving in the middle of the interview, and then come back in and ask the same questions as other interviewers who just stared at him awkwardly. If indicative of how they are organized, it would not have worked well for me.

Interview Questions

Traingin Interview

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in June 2008.

Interview Details – My interview consisted of an initial telephone interview that lasted 10-15 minutes. The questions were pretty generic and focused on my past experience in the financial markets (specifically trading). After that I was invited to interview with a instructor. The interview consisted of problem solving tasks and was pretty informal. After that interview I was invited to interview managing director and CEO. Questions were a bit more focused and the interviewers talked more than I did. I was told that they would give me a call after the interview completed. After two weeks of not hearing back I contacted the managing director to inquire about my status and was told he forgot to call me back. I was hired a few day later.

Interview Questions

• What was my political affiliation?   View Answer
  • How would you lift a manhole cover without using your body or any tool.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Set starting salary.

FX Client Service Representative Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FXCM in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a few days after for an initial phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions asked, but they were simple and not very difficult. During the call some basics about the position were mentioned: work hours (7am-4pm CST with 2 weeks per quarter working European shift from 11pm to 7am CST), Benefits, Education that a Series 3 license will need to be obtained and will be paid for by FXCM. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview the next week.

I arrived 10 mins early, but the interview started 15 mins late. It was a one-on-one interview. At first I was asked question about my resume. Then I was also asked what interested me in that job. Finally, I was asked, "Besides wanting a pay check why do I want to work there?" I'm not sure if I just didn't answer that question well or what, but he then turned the interview over to me to ask question. His series of questioning only took about 20 mins. The next 25 minutes, I asked questions pertaining to career advancement, culture, the companies advantage over competitors. When I was done, I was told I would get a phone call the next week with there decision and that was it. At the time of writing this, it has not been a week since the interview and no decision has been made know to me yet.

I'm not sure if the hiring manager quickly sized me up as not being the right fit and that is why the interview was short. The interviewer was nice and professional. From my impression they are looking to hire people to advance into sales or management as the business is going though an expansionary phase.

Interview Question – Besides a pay check, why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Associate Interview Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got a call from HR within a week. Talk about yourself and details about resume on the phone for 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular, relatively simple and straight forward   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Interview Details – The first one is a group interview. Four of the interviewees are asked to introduce in Mandarin, then discuss "what are the key points for a successful customer service" in English.
After that, I was asked to stay in the room while HR and a trading assistant came in. They asked me to answer in Cantonese why should people trade Forex instead of stocks today. Then some behavior questions.
Then was the MD interview. Almost the same behavior questions. She also asked me about how FXCM reached corporate clients like HSBC (and I don't know).

After that, I was asked to come back again a week later for the final interview. Before the final interview, there was a typing test (simplified or traditional Chinese). The final interview also include some behavior questions. And questions about the forex market, why should people use FXCM platform (check the website and you'll get the answer), who are there competitors, etc.

Interview Question – Forex rate today (USD vs Yen)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FXCM in July 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from HR assistant , interview was really easy, some simple test were involved. like finding mistakes in form relating to given client's detail.

Interview Question – all questions were easy   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FXCM in March 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview - 4-5 candidats gather in a room to do a typing test ( simplied Chinese) then have a group discussion and presentation. Discussion and presentation questions are general.
Sales and sales manager interview- asking work experience related question. Company knowledge and product knowledge.
MD interview question - very specific questions on how to handle mass amount of clients enquires, company knowledge and stress handling skill.

Interview Question – MD interview question on giving a very specific answer to your previous related experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is very specific and non negotiable.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FXCM.

Interview Details – I had a 3 tier interview process:

1st interview was over the phone with an HR/Admin generalist.

2nd interview was with the manager of the team(s). Questions consisted of prior experience, why I'd be great for this position. Just general feeler type questions.

3rd interview was with head of the office. Asked why I wanted to work for FXCM. Asked some basic market questions. Stuff you can get by reading Dailyfx for a week prior to the interview.

Interview Question – I was asked why I thought manhole covers were round...

Frankly i felt it rather contrived. This is not an analyst position. Its for a glorified sales/call center job. I think it's more important to see how I handle stressful situations or upset clients.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – LOL. There is no negotiation of salary. You get 40k a year and potential quarterly bonuses. If you do well, you get raises at your anniversary. But from what I hear from old timers, raises were 10-25%. Those days are gone.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FXCM in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a recruiter of FXCM after applying for the position on their website. The recruiter set up an initial phone interview which was a combination of information and personality. This interview was very common and easy. At the end of the session, she asked me to set up a time for another interview with an HR hiring manager. This interview took place about 1 week later, consisting of questions regarding market knowledge, personality and situations. This was a relatively easy interview due to the fact that I had been trading currencies with FXCM for approximately 4 years during undergrad so I knew a great deal about the FX market as well as advanced knowledge of all FXCM's products and software. I was contacted a week later to set up an interview with a team leader for the office I would be working out of, and the US VP for financial services. The first part of the interview was with the team leader who was a really nice guy and very professional and I can honestly say this was an enjoyable experience. The next interview with the VP was a complete nightmare and the worst interview I have ever had in my life. First, he was extremely rude and made it seem as if he really didn't want to be there and it was wasting his time or something. He asked me very vague questions which were difficult to find a correct answer and I wasn't even quizzed on the letter I was instructed to read. If this is the incompetency at this high a level in the company, then FXCM does not have a good future. I would really warn anyone from working here, since they are very disorganized, low pay, and upper level management seems completely obtuse as to what their role is. This whole process took about 1 month and was a complete waste of my valuable time. Who confidently goes through 4 interviews and doesn't get an offer? Well I guess I did....

Interview Question – Explain the recent weakness in the Euro.   View Answer

Compliance Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FXCM.

Interview Details – General questions and standard Interview script.

Interview Question – Biggest Flaw?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The culture is poor and opportunities lacking. Overall poor name.

Interviews for Top Jobs at FXCM