FXCM

Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.8

Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at FXCM in July 2011.

There were three levels of interview. Starting from the team leader level/VP who then determines if candidate is worthy to pass onto MD for second round of interview. If candidate gets past the second round, they are interviewed by the COO, David Sakhai.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in May 2011.

The interview process was relatively easy, and because the San Francisco office is small, I was only interviewed by a few staff. I was treated well throughout the interview process and got a good feel for the company during the onsite interview. The phone interview was relatively short, and more based on experience than personality.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FXCM in March 2011.

I applied online. I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interview was standard - asked for work history, education history, etc. They described the opportunity and it was not a fit for my experience. The work culture did not sound like a fit.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question about my customer service experience even though I was applying for an analytical position.   View Answer

Not a good fit for the job.

FX Financial Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at FXCM in September 2010.

Initial phone interview was for a back office support position and I quickly turned it around to indicate my preference for a front office sales role, which they reacted positively to, a good sign that they want to place you were you will be most productive. I was asked to goto the NY office the next week for a series of interviews. Met with HR first, mostly behavioral + fit questions (vanilla "what is your biggest weakness", what do you offer to the company, bring to the table blah blah) no problem there. The firm values ENERGY so you must show it in the interview, enthusiasm was key. Next I met with the sales team 1.1 individually. Asked about my background, why forex, what does the company do, what do you know about forex, what is a CFD product, what new regulations will affect the currency markets. I related coursework, papers i wrote,to the position as well as some front office desk internships in finance. I spent the afternoon there for a total of 4 1 on 1 interviews. Not too challenging but some of the sales guys did try and throw me off with "you don't have any sales experience" (like any interns actually EVER do in finance) so why should we hire you. Must be willing to go the extra mile, the company is going public and expanding so it seemed like a good opp. Pay is terrible. The next week the Managing Director of the FX Sales team called to interview me via phone. Pressed me a bit on market knowledge, "what can you tell me about FXCM"..."why should you trade forex vs equities ect." "what is your long term view on the USD?" IF you enjoy the market and are well read and informed you will do fine. I pressed her a bit on the companies average age (27) and asked if it was an indication that people leave for some reason which she seemed to like that i pressed her for more info.

Was offered the position via phone the next week, upon acceptance they ask you to come in and start studying for the Series 3 before a 2 week training period in Dallas before you start on the customer service side in training for 6 more months.

Interview Questions
    • What is your long term view on the dollar?   View Answer
    • What can you tell me about our company?
      Why should we hire you?

Answer Question
    No negotiation on pay. Was able to push my start date back 1 week.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in July 2010.

One interview which consisted of interviewing with five market specialists. Do not try to talk about something you do not know, because they will call you out on it. Give you an article to read and interpret; basically you read it and they say , "go". Must be able to articulate your skills and make sure you show them why you stand out.

FX Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FXCM in May 2010.

I applied online and received a phone call a few days after for an initial phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions asked, but they were simple and not very difficult. During the call some basics about the position were mentioned: work hours (7am-4pm CST with 2 weeks per quarter working European shift from 11pm to 7am CST), Benefits, Education that a Series 3 license will need to be obtained and will be paid for by FXCM. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview the next week.

I arrived 10 mins early, but the interview started 15 mins late. It was a one-on-one interview. At first I was asked question about my resume. Then I was also asked what interested me in that job. Finally, I was asked, "Besides wanting a pay check why do I want to work there?" I'm not sure if I just didn't answer that question well or what, but he then turned the interview over to me to ask question. His series of questioning only took about 20 mins. The next 25 minutes, I asked questions pertaining to career advancement, culture, the companies advantage over competitors. When I was done, I was told I would get a phone call the next week with there decision and that was it. At the time of writing this, it has not been a week since the interview and no decision has been made know to me yet.

I'm not sure if the hiring manager quickly sized me up as not being the right fit and that is why the interview was short. The interviewer was nice and professional. From my impression they are looking to hire people to advance into sales or management as the business is going though an expansionary phase.

Legal Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FXCM in April 2010.

Immediately put off by the office- not the best location in downtown, but unclean office with soiled carpet and dingy lighting. Regardless, the interviewers were pleasant. I am not sure what went wrong since I was overqualified, but that may have been the problem- I think they didn't understand why I would want the position. I would not have taken it anyways- one interviewer kept leaving in the middle of the interview, and then come back in and ask the same questions as other interviewers who just stared at him awkwardly. If indicative of how they are organized, it would not have worked well for me.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at FXCM in February 2010.

simple and straightforward

Interview Questions
    • met with several people and the process took several days   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FXCM in June 2009.

I applied to the research Intern position via CareerBuilder. I was contacted by their HR department a week later and offered a chance for a interview at FXCM. I was interviewed by one person in the research team. The questions where geared towards my knowledge of forex and capital markets. For example, he asked me where I thought the economy was heading due to the recent economic events in the news ie; the stimulus plan, housing market and wall street. The last question he asked was a problem solving question to test not if your capable of the right answer but the methodology you use to solve it. Overall, the research department is staffed with college graduates mostly with bachelors degrees and little industry experience. This is how FXCM saves money- by hiring amateur economist. The interview process is easy, just prove you are somewhat knowledgeable of the capital markets.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you feel the economy is heading? Into a deeper recession or rebounding?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of working within a group.   Answer Question
    I Asedk for my transportation cost to be covered- was denied. FXCM priority is saving money, not negotiating with employees. They use interns to write articles at dailyfx.com in an effort to save money on hiring experienced researchers and economist.

FX Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in January 2009.

Before going to the interview, go to the website and learn about the company, additionally mention that you are trading on a DEMO account. Talk about the markets it will help you.