FXCM

FXCM Interview Questions in Plano, TX

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FXCM.

I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Questions
    • The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FXCM in July 2012.

I had 3 total interviews: One with HR, one with the manager, and one with his manager (VP). The 3rd interview actually consisted of all three, one after the other. The woman in HR was very nice and asked easy interview questions: Why FXCM? What qualifies you?, etc. The manager asked slightly more probing questions testing market knowledge, previous experience, etc.

What really surprised me was the incompetence of the VP during the process. Like a good interviewee, I brought multiple copies of my resume, dressed in sharp suit, remained polite, but the VP was very disrespectful. During the end of the interview he mentioned that "honestly, [he] did not even look over [my] resume because I didn't see anything applicable to this job on it." I had customer service experience, an degree in Economics with a 3.97+ GPA, previous trading experience on it, and I had impressed the first two interviewers with what was on my resume. The VP instead asked an analytical brain teaser question not suitable for a representative position, and later in the interview asked that I "convince him of something". After arguing that the rental market may be a good investment right now, the VP stated: "I'm not convinced. Convince me of something else." Towards the very end of the interview, another manager interrupted twice to say we were taking too long, and that he wanted to use the room. All of these events made me uncomfortable there, and the VP only asked if I had questions after he said we were taking too long. Two weeks later I found out I was not hired. I honestly felt that the VP was more interested in making me feel intimidated and uncomfortable than he was evaluating me for the job I was interviewing for. I really felt like I wasted a great deal of time even considering working for this company. While I apparently couldn't convince the VP of anything, hopefully I can at least convince anyone reading this to be careful and skeptical if you're considering working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser: You have 9 rubber balls, and a scale. One of the rubber balls is weighted less than the others. You can use the scale twice. How do you find which ball is weighted differently?   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FXCM in March 2011.

I applied online. I received an email requesting a phone interview. The interview was standard - asked for work history, education history, etc. They described the opportunity and it was not a fit for my experience. The work culture did not sound like a fit.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question about my customer service experience even though I was applying for an analytical position.   View Answer

Not a good fit for the job.

FX Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FXCM in May 2010.

I applied online and received a phone call a few days after for an initial phone interview. I can't remember the exact questions asked, but they were simple and not very difficult. During the call some basics about the position were mentioned: work hours (7am-4pm CST with 2 weeks per quarter working European shift from 11pm to 7am CST), Benefits, Education that a Series 3 license will need to be obtained and will be paid for by FXCM. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview the next week.

I arrived 10 mins early, but the interview started 15 mins late. It was a one-on-one interview. At first I was asked question about my resume. Then I was also asked what interested me in that job. Finally, I was asked, "Besides wanting a pay check why do I want to work there?" I'm not sure if I just didn't answer that question well or what, but he then turned the interview over to me to ask question. His series of questioning only took about 20 mins. The next 25 minutes, I asked questions pertaining to career advancement, culture, the companies advantage over competitors. When I was done, I was told I would get a phone call the next week with there decision and that was it. At the time of writing this, it has not been a week since the interview and no decision has been made know to me yet.

I'm not sure if the hiring manager quickly sized me up as not being the right fit and that is why the interview was short. The interviewer was nice and professional. From my impression they are looking to hire people to advance into sales or management as the business is going though an expansionary phase.