1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FXCM in June 2009.

I applied to the research Intern position via CareerBuilder. I was contacted by their HR department a week later and offered a chance for a interview at FXCM. I was interviewed by one person in the research team. The questions where geared towards my knowledge of forex and capital markets. For example, he asked me where I thought the economy was heading due to the recent economic events in the news ie; the stimulus plan, housing market and wall street. The last question he asked was a problem solving question to test not if your capable of the right answer but the methodology you use to solve it. Overall, the research department is staffed with college graduates mostly with bachelors degrees and little industry experience. This is how FXCM saves money- by hiring amateur economist. The interview process is easy, just prove you are somewhat knowledgeable of the capital markets.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you feel the economy is heading? Into a deeper recession or rebounding?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of working within a group.   Answer Question
I Asedk for my transportation cost to be covered- was denied. FXCM priority is saving money, not negotiating with employees. They use interns to write articles at dailyfx.com in an effort to save money on hiring experienced researchers and economist.