FXDD Interview Questions

2.9

Technology Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews 1 week apart from each other, they were both pleasant, and on the second one I was given a test which I was prepared for, it was about common programming languages. I was then brought in for a face to face with a team manager and had another test, which was easy. Then I met with HR and the CTO, everything went well. The whole process took about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The HR people ask personal questions, they are trying to get to know you, and can be intimidating but just be honest.   Answer Question

Entry Level IT Opportunities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially applied online and contacted by HR who scheduled a phone screening call with the CTO. He called and sounded very uninterested and could not hide that he thought this call was a waste of his time. He asked basic conceptual programming questions to determine if I knew my stuff (ie: What is Java?, What is the diff between Java and C++? The diff between "Get" and "Post"?, Diff between PHP and MySQL?). I received no feedback for my answers from him at all during the phone call and it ended abruptly. Surprisingly, I got called back by HR for an in-person interview. For the interview, I met with 2 separate people 1-on-1. The meeting with a Project Manager went well and I was asked typical questions on personality and about my projects and experience on my resume. Then I met with what seemed like one of their Jr. Software Developers straight out of college who seemed a little unprepared and held a technical interview. It was a short pen/paper basic Java quiz on code examples. Besides what was on paper, we discussed previous school projects and was asked a brain teaser. It seemed like he was just trying to think up random questions on the spot. Overall, I think the only positive part of the interview was with the Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• What is Java? What is the difference between Java and C++? PHP and MySQL?   Answer Question
    • Brain teaser: You have two 6-sided cubes and you want to put digits on them so that when you roll them, you can make the days of the month (01 - 31). How would you place the digits on the sides and on which dice?   1 Answer

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call initially from an HR recruiter. She then conducted a very brief phone interview with me. She asked about my most recent job and how it relates to the job I'm applying for. Then she asked for my salary requirement. She then scheduled me an interview with the marketing manager. I did NOT have a good experience here. I arrived 20minutes early to my interview which in my opinion was a good thing. I was greeted by the manager with a less-than-impressed attitude. The interview then consisted of him going through a project I have done in college (this was my first job coming out of graduation). He practically tore it up and explained to me what my group and I failed to do despite us getting an A. He then tested me on my knowledge of basic statistics and analysis based on data. The interview concluded with 4 brain teasers to find out how I think.

Interview Questions

• A frog falls down a well of 50ft. Each day he climbs up 3 and each night falls down 2. How many days does it take him to get out?   2 Answers

Customer Support Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted HR; interview was set up. 1. Phone internview with basic support/app support questions. 2. 1:1 interview with support desk manager. Basic questions and phone support role play. Interviewer used curse word, hehe 3. Final interview with CTO and HR. CTO didn't interview me much though HR had lots of salary questions. No offer was made assuming their numbers would be low. The FXDD office was nice too.

Interview Questions

• Support role question as if a customer - 'The application is not opening, please help me'.   1 Answer

FX Sales/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

applied online , received a screening call from human resources which was professional and friendly and was scheduled for another phone interview with the hiring manager.the second phone call was for 20 mins mostly asking about my background , experience and description of the position and the working hours. was then scheduled for in person interview in their new location. i arrived 10 mins early and met with my first interviewer and had the worst interview experience ever in my life, started by asking unlawful interview questions about my age , marital status , if i have children , political affiliation in a friendly way and then a couple more question about the company and my past experience and then met with another director who was professional.i haven`t really thought about whether they are going to offer me the position or not after this interview.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Got the interview from a job seeking website. A few emails from the hiring manager then set up an on-site. Had no idea what it would be like before going there. Went to the company and interviewed by several people. Questions were from resume and no unnecessary brain teasers. They were trying to find the person had the skill set rather than test you on "intelligence". Questions were challenging but reasonable. Interviewers are extremely smart and the interview involved some healthy discussion. They just moved to the new building and the working environment is decent. Everybody is busy, but it seems that you can wear whatever you feel comfortable there. At the end of the interview felt that they might need some people more experienced. Received a rejection a week after the interview. But still think it is somewhere good for people looking for a dynamic job.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

My first meeting was with the manager. I had an overall good feeling until he introduced me to his associates, three young girls, who asked me inane questions like "what is your favorite word", "what makes you happy at work?", etc. I couldn't help but restate the question to make it sound context-correct.

Interview Questions

• "what is your favorite word"   1 Answer

Sales/Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy from the beginning. HR is very helpful and friendly. Following a easy phone interview, I met with my hiring manager and another VP for 2 1:1 interviews. Then a final meeting with HR. A total 21 (3 weeks) process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

salary is non negotiable.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FXDD in October 2011.

Interview

There will be a phone interview, then in person interview, and finally interview with manager and HR manager. Not so difficult process, know your material and be prepared to talk. People are very nice at the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FXDD in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process started with a simple phone call from HR to set up the in person interview with the senior analyst. At the interview with the senior analyst, the first thing I was asked was what I knew about the company. He also asked questions relating to statistics and economic terms (market maker, standard deviation) so make sure you brush up on your terms before the interview. He will also ask you 4 brain teasers to see how your logic skills are. Finished it the interview off with asking why you should be hired. This is the first out of three rounds so bring your a-game!