FaceTime Communications

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Database Engineer Interview

Huntington, WV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FaceTime Communications.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a great group of guys in Huntington WV. I was a college senior with no mysql experience as of yet but that all changed. I was force fed DB and PHP over a 3 month summer break and I feel that I learned more in that initial time with the company than I had in 3 years at Marshall University.

Interview Question – Which has the largest ears? A Ferringi, a Gungan, or a Wookie?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Software Test Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FaceTime Communications in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview Process was very Inappropriate.Interviewer was in-capable.Communication skills were very poor.

Before starting the interview, he explained me for 5 minutes- Why my decision to leave my current organization is wrong.

During interview, I came to know that Interviewer does not know that EMC2. Adobe, and IBM ISL are product base companies. Interviewer continued to comment me :"This ( Actiance) is not a service based organization. " OR " I do not belong to a service base organization"." I am a product developer organization, You should think like a product developer, not a service provider." He stop this when I told him , that the companies written in my CV are not Service Based. My complete work ex is with product based companies.

He had limited knowledge of the concepts what he was asking me in interview. Data replication, Load balancer, schedulars, etc. He asked to create test design for a data replication software. He was not clear about the data replication, schedular and bandwidth allocator functions and different types of technologies in this area. He had limited understanding of these concepts, probably only what they normally work upon in day to day activities.

He had given me a requirement : to develop a product which can replicate data between different types of DB's. He expected me to ask a question to clarify the term "data replication" and "different type of DB's." and when I did not asked him, he became very upset and asked me to describe me the requirement.
I described him the requirement correctly, he became more upset and told me that " What you are saying is OK, but you dont ask questions to clarify the requirements. Though you have understood this requirement correctly , but you should have asked me to clarify this because this requirement is to be clarified." Interviewer was expecting me to ask question,only what he thinks are " to be asked" When I asked question to clarify the functional requirements of the scenario, He became very upset. He could not grasp a fact that schedulars are of different types,and he must specify what is to be scheduled.

He asked me to create a test design document. while the requirement given were only the product objective. As a tester I required to know the functional capabilities and deployment designs etc, for which he had given a single answer: I am a Program manager of this product, When I will run your data replication product in my organization, I will not bother of the information what you are asking me. So from my side I have given you requirements and now you have to test the product. --> If he is a product manager, He should know how a product would be developed. As a tester I should atleast have requirement to derive usecases.

Interviewer was not clear about the different in : Product objective, Product statements, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Usecase derivations, BRS documents, Metadata of the product,
dependency of deployment scenarios on testing, etc.

By realising that he is not aware of the concepts which he is discussing with me, In 1.5 hrs, Instead of designing a test design, I had to first clarify all the requirements, I created a rough BRS Document, Created a Architectural design, made deployment diagrams, and then spoken about testing strategy. When I reached to test design description, He stoped me, with a negative expression on his face.

This interviewer has rejected my candidature. It was surprising to me as he was not capable even to differentiate between, product statement, product installation and product usage.He was not able to answer even 10 % of my questions on this domain, when I was creating a rough BRS document during Interview.

My experience in this domain is around 2 years, My work has been recognized by the market leaders in this domain and testing techniques in my previous and current organization. I was surprised to see that this company had persued me for a month for this interview. By visiting the company and By meeting this Program manager, I regret I had wasted 3 hrs of mine in this interview. I could understand the work culture of the company by seeing the capabilities of the program manager.

Interview Questions

• I have to create a product for data replication , which can replicate data between different types of DBs.In this data replication software, there would be a schedular, and there would be bandwidth allocator.Are the requirements clear?   View Answer
  • Suppose facebook is not in place, and you have to develop facebook with basic functionalities. speak nonstop, how will you test it   View Answer
  • Have you worked on Load balancers, Where have you used them?   View Answer
  • Do you know SQL?
    Me: I am not expert, but I can attempt to write Queries.
    He: DB1 is replicating to DB2. There is a file on DB2 which is being updated, What is a SQL command to find out the size of the file while update is in progress.
      View Answer
  • Do you know shell Script.
    Me: I have worked on it. But not expert.
    He: Shell command to read real time flowing logs.
      View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for FaceTime Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FaceTime Communications interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by FaceTime Communications employees and interview candidates.