Facebook Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Its a thrilling email when you get an email from fb.com saying they're interested in you. The overall experience was good. I got my decision in 4 days of my on site interview. The interview style is definitely very different. They expect you to be an independent thinker, know the product and industry at expert level, and show energy. The most common question is simply, why do you want to work at Facebook. I don't think they want to hear you want to get rich. Expect to whiteboard, present case studies and show world class qualifications. The recruiter actually tells you this, so take it seriously.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2010.

Interview

Gruelling, intensive. However it was great to meet all of the team and learn more about the workplace this way.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minute phone interview with questions regarding SMB. Was asked a bunch of questions from a manager in the specific office about why I wanted it and how I could drive impact through the company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview with recruiter-->30 min phone interview with team manager -->30minute presentation interview with team manager--> on-site interview the phone interviews were basic. I had prepared everything in English, but the hiring people had no interest in asking me questions in English, which totally threw me off. The presentation interview was intense. They ask questions based on your presentation, and of real life situations.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like why did you leave your previous companies why do you want to work for facebook how are small business account managers different from large businesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX).

Interview

This was a long and drawn process that included 8 total interviews. 4 of which were by phone and 4 were in an all day in person session. The first two interviews were phone screenings, the preceding ones were from different account managers. The onsite interview was with two account managers and 2 folks from different teams

Interview Questions

• Explain the advertising funnel and how Facebook fits into that?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Phone interview HR, Phone interview hiring manager, Personal interview with 3 person. The last round was really intensive! The panel is trying to understand your real motivation to join Facebook and to understand what drives you.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2015.

Interview

Wie andere Techfirmen ist der Bewerbungsprozess sehr umfangreich. Ich hatte gespraeche mit einbem Recruiter, dann ein Telefoninterview, dann drei Interviews in Dublin und zum Schluss noch einmal ein Telefoninterview. Facebook war sehr nett, freundlich und wirklich bemueht um mich. Die Gespraeche liefen wie erwartet, Schwerpunkte vor Ort: analytische faehigkeiten, Cultural Fit, Role Specific.

Interview Questions

• Was unterscheidet Facebook Werbung von Google AdWords?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Referred to by current FB employee and the process was very quick and took about 3 weeks total. I had 5 phone interviews and then a half day of in person interviews with team members at their Texas location. Recruiter was great at prepping you for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a branding strategy on FB? (very general so not sure where they were leading) What stage does Facebook fall in the advertising process? Ex. Awareness, research, purchase, etc   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Interview

Had 5 interviews all up, 1 with the recruiter (phone), then 4 on-site back to back 30 min interviews. Was quite an intense process all up

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the role of Account Manager (International). After a few weeks, I was invited to a phone interview, which went quite smoothly (typical questions about my background). Then, I was invited to take a language test and to record myself answering 4 questions. Then, the process stopped for over a month due to an internal restructuring. When the process resumed, it had been handed over to a different interviewer, to whom my CV was passed on. This next interviewer contacted me in order to arrange another phone interview. This time around, the process was a lot quicker – just one phone call and I was invited to Facebook's HQ in Dublin for an interview day. All expenses were paid for by the company except for meals and transportation. I arrived at Dublin on a Sunday and the interview day was on Monday. It was super-quick – less than 2 hours and 4 interviewers from Account Management, Partner Management, Client Services and the Regional Director. In my opinion, the questions they asked were too thoughtful and mind-draining for such little time and the position itself, and honestly, sometimes I did not know how to answer them. The hardest part was the last one with the regional director. I sensed from the first moment he didn't enjoyed being there. "Tell me something that's not in your CV", "Why should I hire you", "Do you like football." I asked what was he looking for in a candidate and his answer was "we're looking for bold people who can make an impression." (As if he just read that.) After we were finished, he simply left the meeting room and I had to find my way to the exit from a 3rd floor myself, and to the airport. But other than that, it was an interesting experience although it felt like getting the on-site interview was just a matter of luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate with a mass volume of clients (50,000 for example) who you can't speak with on a 1:1 basis.   1 Answer