Facebook

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by Facebook HR via email after applying for Analyst position online. The HR representative was friendly and we set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty relaxed and straightforward. I was asked to explain a little bit about my background and some work I had done listed on my resume. The HR rep also explained a little bit more about the position description, duties and the team I might be working with. The interview ended after about 25 mins with the HR rep asking if I had any additional questions. I haven't heard back about the position since the initial phone interview, so I assume I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Not that it was an unexpected question, I was asked why I wanted to work at Facebook and why I applied for the Analyst position. Fairly straightforward. These are questions you should have prepared for in the first place.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview, the interviewer is super nice and helpful. She asked me to introduce myself, what I am doing and why I want to join Facebook.

Very Difficult Interview

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in April 2010.

Interview Details – It's a tough company to get in. I had to do a recruiter screen, another phone screen with a team member, one in house with 3 team members, and another in house with 2 team members - including the director of the group. Mostly behavior with a few analytical situational questions.

Interview Question – What makes you excited about this job?   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in August 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on their website and heard back from HR about 2 weeks later. There were two phone interviews and a 2 hour onsite interview. All communication following their initial contact with me was very prompt, and phone interviews were all on time. Everyone I interacted with was very helpful and pleasant, and as I was coming from Google we had a lot in common. I think having Google on my resume was what helped me get a response, as I didn't have much relevant experience (I'm a recent college grad).

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – initial phone screening, three onsite interviews, 30/40minutes back to back with junior, middle and senior team mates [all very nice, relaxed and interested in you]. two final rounds with senior and global management over skype and phone. entire process from 1st contact with HR and offer took a month, the entire time your recruiter is by your side updating you via phone and email.

Interview Question – what facebook data would i share and why...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasnt any, they offered me a salary and grade hire than i had stated.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – I applied via LinkedIn. HR sent me an email with the link of some tests. It has time limit and non stop exam. I passed it.
then HR called me and check my background with me and talked about job details as well.
Next step was communication with the Hiring Manager. She was kind a hard person but i was well prepared. I passed it as well.

Now I am about the having another interview.

Interview Question – all questions are normal   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, then 4 30 minute interviews back to back in the Facebook office, then a few days later I was back in for a final interview. My HR contact was absolutely lovely and incredibly helpful.

Interview Question – How would you measure/calculate the rate of rehabilitation in Irish prisons.   View Answer

New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – There are varying number of interviews in different colleges. I personally had to undergo a total of 6 rounds-

a) Written - wherein they tested our command over English. The test though not very difficult, will gauge your grasp over grammar.

b) Group Discussion- a group of 6- 7 candidates are expected to debate on 2- 3 topics. Here I believe the key is to put across one's view without coming across as too dominating. Being balanced and constantly engaged always seems to work.

c) First round (interview) - The first round for me was extremely basic and lots of fun. As I was been interviewed for Online Sales Operations (now Global Marketing Solutions), the interviewer asked me questions pertaining to my favorite ad, my thoughts on online advertising etc. It was a very easy interview and was basically to understand if I was aware of the online platform.

d) Second Round - The second round was largely around scrutinizing my resume and later questions pertaining to my future plans. I was honest about when I wanted to pursue my Masters, later got to know that they were looking forward to such honest answers. (Guess lying about you wanting with the company forever, esp if you're an undergrad, won't work :) )

e) The next two round were via Skype and phone. Both of the interviewers were there to gauge one's analytical skills.

Interview Question – Out of the blue a series of extremely random analytical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was a campus recruit, no negotiations :/

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Just a simple 15-30 minute phone interview. I wasn't sure how I felt about the interview. The recruiter was polite and proceeded to dive right in to asking me about everything Facebook in conjunction with some technical questions. The technical questions weren't difficult for someone that comes from a data/statistics background. I obviously didn't (guess that's why they do phone screens). Then she put me on hold for about 1-2 minutes. Proceeded to tell me more about the job (read the job description really quickly) and asked if I had questions. Needless to say, I was not what she was looking for and she knew that mid-way through the interview.

Analyst

Interview Details – I applied for the job online and they contacted me 1 month later suggesting time for telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard phone interview question including self-introduction,   Answer Question
  • why this position and why facebook, Also methodology interviewee is comfortable and familiar with.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook Analyst interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.