Facebook

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend that works for Facebook, who submitted my resume. Two days later, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up time for a phone interview. During the 30 minute call, we went over my background and sales experience. The second round interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took about the same time. The interview was similar to the first one and consisted of general background questions. The final round of interviews took place at HQ, which was three 1:1 interviews, and one 1:2 mock sales pitch. Less than a week later, I was told I got the offer, which I was very excited to accept.

The whole process (from resume submission to offer) took about 3 weeks. I was recruiting at the top tech firms during this time and my experience at Facebook was by far the smoothest, fastest, and most professionally conducted (a pleasant surprise). It was because of this (along with the very attractive comp package) that I decided to accept the Facebook offer and I could not be happier!

Interview Question – The questions were straightforward and mostly general background/work experience oriented but there were some case-based and behavioral questions about working with teams and clients. The pitch was fun and relaxed- they just have you present a deck you've pitched before and they role-play the client.

I would recommend having an upbeat, positive vibe, studying and getting comfortable talking about FB products, listening to interviewer's prompts and feedback, and trying to have a good time- the culture fit is just as important as the role fit!
  Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2013.

Interview Details – I felt the interview process was handled very well. It went smoothly and the I felt the recruiting team communicated clearly and regularly with me. I had one phone interview with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manger in CA. I was then brought in to meet with 5 people in the Austin office.

Interview Question – During the onsite interview most everyone I met with did a resume walk and asked how my experience related to what they were doing at facebook. They all asked very few questions about what I knew about facebook ads which surprised me. I thought they would push me harder to see how up to date on was on the latest developments at facebook. In many ways I felt over prepared. I did a regular interview with 3 people and then gave a sales pitch to 2 people.   Answer Question

Client Partner

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – 2013
I have been contacted by the HR and they set up a phone call. I've got eliminated at the 3rd round.

1st Round: The phone interview: (The HR interview was typical phone screening)
Talk about your history?
Why Facebook?
Why should we hire you?
Give us a couple of success story examples for your account management skills?

2nd Round: (Next week) Interview with the hiring manager: (The questions were more job and position specific)
Your major clients?
The volume of the revenues that you are currently managing?
What do you do at your current position?
How can you contribute to this position at Facebook?

3rd Round: (Next week) Face to Face Interview with the regional head. (This is where I failed. I guess I got pretty excited and my mind went black. :) It was hilarious. )
How do you manage your clients?
How do you manage your team?
What is your go to market strategy?

Interview Question – How do you manage your team?   View Answer

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Interview Details – Fast and efficient communication, seamless travel planning, different questions from different team members - each focuses on a different angle. Had 2 phone interviews and 4 onsite + a sales presentation, based on a case study.

Interview Question – Did you ever take a risk?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – The interview was a 4 stages. I submitted my resume online.
Stage 1: 30 minutes screening call with a recruiter
Stage 2: 30 minutes call with the hiring manager
Stage 3: Flown to Dublin, did a full interview day. A presentation and 4 one on one interviews with the team members.
Stage 4: 30 minutes call with the regional manager

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!