Facebook Data Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Phone interview with HR is the first step in the screening process. HR reps don't know much about the roles other than bullet point requirements. Facebook is still engineering heavy and they seem to prefer that everyone have a CS or similar background which is strange since they don't advertise business development roles as such but stress deep experience with databases and programming during the interview. HR does not seem to care if you come from a non-technical background but are perfectly capable of learning new processes and tools on the job. As a new media tech company resorting to initial phone screenings in order to vet candidates is bad form.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Applied online, right on facebook. About a month later, an HR lady contacted me through email to set up a phone screen. I had the phone interview within 3 days. The initial phone screen was quite intense for a call with HR; and I was asked some technical questions. However, she said she was impressed and would pass me along to the next round. I was emailed to schedule a next round interview, but was then emailed a canned rejection email. I thought it might be a mistake, so I followed-up, but didn't get any response.

Interview Questions
    • Why facebook?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you worked with a large database, and were able to get insights from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  East Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in East Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in September 2011.

I was referred by by of the Facebook employees. They first sent me a list of problems that I had to complete by the end of the week. The questions were testing my knowledge of data models and analytics used in Facebook plugins. They asked me about the marketing strategies of the plugin to third party developers and to describe a value proposition. The phone interview consisted of two parts, first was a general conversation about my background and then about the company and the job that I was applying for. Then there were two questions, one was a quantitative puzzle and the second was a programming question, I had to login remotely and type in the code to solve a problem, while my interviewer was evaluating it. I did not got an offer in the end.

Data Analyst Interview

I was referred by an employee, and the process was extremely fast. They seemed to be in a hurry to fill the position. I had a recruiter phone interview, a team lead phone interview, a data analyst phone interview and onsite interviews.

Recruiter interview was as usual very easy with questions on background and knowledge of specific tools (excel, sql, etc).

Data analyst phone interview was a bit more technical, with questions on SQL and data structure (what is the difference between inner join and outer join, etc).

Onsite interview was easy as well, basically testing my knowledge of the internet market and how comfortable I was with numbers and logics applied to the field. Only one interviewer asked unusual questions on excel and seemed unprepared for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to pick a sample for an experiment, how would you choose the size of the sample.   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!