Facebook

www.facebook.com

Facebook Developer Support Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in New York City. After having scheduled a phone interview, I was informed that the New York City position had been cancelled and the only one available was in Menlo Park, CA. The interviewer was extremely pleasant and fair. They outlined the position and responsibilities, and what a Developer Support Engineer's role would be in the company. Unfortunately given the new location of the job I had to decline.

Interview Question – They asked a question regarding their graph API   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was originally approached by a recruiter by the name of Turner via Linked In. He was very courteous, explained the position to me in full detail and asked me if I was interested. I told him I was, and was scheduled for a phone/collabedit interview. I thought it went really well and later heard back from Turner saying they wanted to fly me in for a second interview. Travel plans were made with ease and I headed down to San Fran for an interview and made a long weekend out of it. The Facebook campus was absolutely beautiful and the culture there just seems amazing. I met with three different people there and ended with a presentation. It was about a 4-5 hour process. In the end, my nerves took over in the technical portion of the interview taking me longer than expected to answer the questions. I attribute that to why I was not offered the position but will soon know more when Turner debriefs me. I may have not been a right fit for this position but hope to apply to more in the near future. Everyone at Facebook was extremely nice, the interviews were comfortable and I can only wish that I can work there some day.

Interview Question – They were all pretty straight forward. Mid-Level coding questions. Can't get into details because of the NDA but most of the questions were already here. String/Array manipulation   View Answer

Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in February 2013.

Interview Details – First off, after submitting an application for the job, I chose from a set of three options to do a programming test. I didn't finish the problem (it was a hard one to get my head around), but I think I was on the right track. I didn't hear back for a couple weeks or so after first applying, so I assumed my answer was deemed insufficient.

Much to my surprise, I received an email from one of the recruiters, wanting to set up an initial screening interview. After the phone screen with the recruiter, I also had an interview with one of the members of the team I was applying to, which primarily consisted of doing two programming problems. Both problems were pretty simple and I must have done well, as they asked me to come out for an on-site interview. Thus I crammed myself into a seat on the airplane and flew out for the interview.

All in all I had three "formal" interviews during the day, plus a more informal lunch and tour. The first interview pretty much was to gauge my ability as a programmer, to see if I knew what I was talking about. I believe I did pretty good here, although I completely blanked when trying to answer a question regarding RESTful services. It's something I could have figured out pretty quickly looking at code, but not something I was going to answer very well there, as I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to some of the terminology.

The second interview was more of a test of my problem solving skills. I think I did pretty well here as well, although it a bit difficult, as I was expecting a bit more guidance and feedback from the interviewer as I was going through the problem.

The third interview was with the team's supervisor, and I believe this was to get a feel for what kind of employee I would be, and if I would be a good fit for the team. I think I rambled on for far too long about my job history, and the interviewer was unable to get to everything they wanted to in the short amount of time we had.

The lunch was delicious and the tour was interesting. I enjoyed the chat during the lunch and tour with the employee who accompanied me, and I think I came off pretty well.

After lunch, I had to give a presentation to what the rest of the team that I would hopefully be joining. I believe I did a decent job with the presentation, considering limitations I had encountered due to some technical issues I had. The group in the presentation had a couple questions, then left. I was then quickly shuttled out of the building by one of the recruiters. I got the feeling that the interviews hadn't gone as well as I had thought they were going, and that I would not be joining the team. Granted, that may just have been my sometimes pessimistic nature.

Interview Question – None of the questions I encountered were particularly difficult. I suppose the question about ways to see if someone is defrauding a contest built off of Facebook's API was a head scratcher of a problem.   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!