Facebook Fraud Investigator Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Fraud Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

I applied online through Facebook.com and was contacted by phone for what seemed to be pre-screening interview. The questions consisted of my current job, a few questions about why Facebook, and why am I looking for employment elsewhere. Another phone interview with an Investigator at Facebook. A few scenario questions about how I would approach a specific task, and a lot of "Tell me about a time...." questions. Definitely need to do your homework about Facebook, and be able to come up with ideas on how to combat it. On the day of the interview at the Palo Alto headquarters, there were two additional in person interviews with another Investigator and and Senior Investigator.

The Investigators seemed very young, either in their early 20's but no older than 30. The questions pertained to fraudulent activity with Facebook credits, and how a perpetrator would benefit with Facebook credits. Highly recommended to research Facebook credits. I believe that this is the part when the interview almost seemed like ideas that would help Facebook do their jobs by obtaining ideas for free. You would think that an interview would be to evaluate if the person has the ability to adapt to the company's philosophy or be able to articulate ideas. I may not have been right on point with Facebook credits, but I felt I displayed a great deal of professionalism and knowledge of the field of Fraud. There were a lot of questions of how you would approach fraud on Facebook credits, and the ideas that I presented and how I would approach the issue were reasonable and developed well.

I did not get the job, which seemed odd to me because I have more experience in the industry than the interviewers put together. During their introduction, they both shared where they came from before Facebook, and both said that it was their first job out of college, 6 months ago, and 2 years ago. However, they were professional and courteous, and seemed very knowledgeable in their fields.

Interview Questions
  • How can a perpetrator benefit from obtaining fraudulent Facebook credits?   View Answer
  • What can you do to combat fraud with Facebook credits and how would approach it?   View Answer

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!