Facebook

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hardware Engineering Interview

Hardware Engineering

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted from recruiter within the company, after that I had a phone screening that consisted of some technical questions. Next, it was an on-site interview which consisted of one on one meetings about 45mins each, including a lunch. Most questions were problem solving (regarding HW validation) and some behavioral.

I didn't really like some of the people who interviewed me. One was very rude, on his phone the entire time. He may have been taking notes but it is polite to state that and make the person interviewing comfortable. This person was also very arrogant and I didn't feel like he was even listening to my responses. Another guy who interviewed me kept asking me about CPU pipeline after I told him I don't know anything about the topic. I'm not sure why he was stuck on it. I told him I have a better understanding of the platform than I do CPU pipeline and drew him a block diagram of an entire system/platform.

Only a couple of the folks interviewing me actually seemed like high caliber people. One was from manufacturing (works with ODM/OEM on QA) and the other was the PM (program manager). The rest seemed very junior, including the tech recruiter.

I felt like I was at a college campus and I could see how egos could be running wild here, as if it were a popularity contest.

Interview Question – If I give you some DRAM, NVM (Flash) Memory, and a HDD, how would you perform a QA on it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Seemed like it could be a very chaotic place to work, with very limited senior people.

Hardware Engineering Interview

Hardware Engineering
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in November 2012.

Interview Details – After initial email contact, talked on phone with HR person on detail of the position.
Next step was to set aside a 1 hr time slot to do a "hardware design practical" test.
Unfortunately, I was not invited to continue with the job application process after the design practical exam.

Interview Question – Hardware design practical test question that is irrelevant to the job description.   View Answer

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!