Facebook

Facebook Human Resources Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in August 2010.

Phone screen w/recruiter- lasted over 30 mins. She asked very clear and poingnant questions that I had to really think twice about. Very focused questions, clearly w/pre-thought around pre-screening. Good start, always good to see they are stringent in how they hire people.

My answer to "what will your current employer do to retain you" probably did not convince her. Got an email a week later I was not in the running.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in August 2010.

Interviewed with 4 individuals. Interview process very disorganized. Recruiter could not find a conference room. One interviewer didn't make it in to work that day, so we interviewed over by phone. There was general confusion as to what the essential responsibilities of the actual role were going to be and the reporting structure. The last interview, with the attorney, argued that the position wasn't really needed and he didn't know what HR was thinking.

The final meeting (with the attorney upstairs), was in an office akin to a 60's love nest--stereo, bar, cushions on the floor.

I left thinking their recruiting and interviewing proccess could sure use some refinement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in June 2010.

I submitted my resume to facebook through the careers page on their site. About a week later, I received a call from an internal recruiter. The initial phone interview lasted between 20-30 minutes. A few days later, I was contacted to set up an in-person interview. I met with three people for about 30 minutes each.

The next day, I received an email letting me know that I was out of the running.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about some challenges you've faced recently in your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in April 2010.

My interview process was short. It consisted of two separate 30 minute phone interviews with a recruiter and then the hiring manager. The interview with the recruiter was standard other than the fact that the interviewer was switched at the last moment and so the recruiter had not even seen my resume. I was a little surprised at the lack of rigor but I suspect they are very busy. The second interview was a couple of days later with the hiring manager who turned out to be extremely rigorous and took careful note to dissect my skills and probe my weaknesses. I was caught off guard due to my experience with the recruiter, so please be sure to not let this happen to you.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions that I could not answer directly due to confidentiality issues to protect my current company.   Answer Question