Facebook

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview and then hiring event on Hyd.

Interview Question – It was one of the easiest interview that i had and completely unexpected from company like facebook. Limited set of questions and one question per round. Total 2 coding questions and one design question and lastly cultural fit round. Its completely unfair to have less number of questions and that too relatively easy ones. It doesnt give much scope of creativity and thinking and a small mistake can prove to be too costly. As compared to this, Google,Amazon,Microsoft each have 4-5 rounds with 2-3 questions in each round thus giving enough scope to express yourself.

Questions asked in event: Implement hashmap, count distinct numbers in a large file, design pub-sub, design twitter feed system
  Answer Question

Associate User Operations Interview

Associate User Operations
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice interviewing process - 6 rounds including one telephonic. Last round by respective India head

Interview Question – What is your dream?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Low salary

Content Analyst Interview

Content Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – i was contatced by a consultancy acting for Facebook, had 2 screening rounds with them wherein they checked my language skills, after which i was informed that i have passed and will have a telephonic round of interview from fb. after that round i had a face to face round.

Interview Question – what do you expect to learn from facebook? (this was unexpected, not difficult)   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was the apti round it was the part of facebook campus drive to our campus . I was shorlisted for interview. Then I went to hyderabad for interview and interviewer asked me two coding questions and that's it.

Interview Question – The only difficulty u will facebook to get in facebook is 1st round itself because u r supposed to code 3 question in 90 minutes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in September 2012.

Interview Details – I first had a coding contest organized in the school, which was on the interviewstreet platform. After that, I had an on-site interview at Facebook, Hyderabad office. Interviewers were flown from the HQ for the process. There were a total of 1/2/3 interview rounds depending on the performance on previous interviews. I had a very positive experience overall. The recruiter and other staff were very pleasant.

Interview Question – Questions asked -
1. Longest common substring between two strings A and B.
2. Find the successor/predecessor of a binary search tree.
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in November 2011.

Interview Details – first in interview there wil be personality test ,then there will be group panel interviw..after that there will be 1:! and then skills test will be taken then after that intelliegence test adn background check also will be looked at .

Interview Questions

Online Sales Operations Interview

Online Sales Operations
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Facebook in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had applied for a Leads Analyst and after a month, got a call saying they liked my resume and would want to consider me for another opening, as this particular post has been filled up. I said i would be willing to go ahead with that as my resume and skill set matched both profiles; exceeded in fact. Anyway, as I'm a fresher, i wanted to go for the Online Sales Operations Analyst post and was excited about the whole process.

I had to take an Online test, which after submission was reviewed and i got a call back saying i should not have listed points in one of the answers, so i need to phrase it in a paragraph. My content and style was appreciated, but they needed to be sure. I took this test again and was announced of clearing it. This process itself took more than 2 weeks i suppose.

Then, i was asked various things and briefed a little by the Recruiter, after which i was told i have two more rounds to go through. I waited patiently for the call on the mentioned date and time. I cleared it and then was informed to be going to the next round. The next call was scheduled after a week or so. I did not receive one and had to inform the Recruiter, who got back to me immediately. Cleared that round too. Then i was called again to say i have one more round to go through. I did, cleared it. Then one more. I really did not get the point of talking the same things time and again, but i obliged, probably getting better each time.

Owing to the public holidays that do occur now and then, the Recruiter does not attend, say, 3 days before and after the holiday. EACH TIME. i have had to wait for ten days at a time to receive a mail from her saying that she is not at office. And then more waiting! Also, i do not receive confirmation mails of the Interview being scheduled or other info. I have to personally ask every time about an ascertainment.

Oh and ya, one time there were 'Internal Problems' that they were dealing with, due to which they did not reply for weeks.

All this done, with the last interview results pending, which i had done exceptionally well, i had the Recruiter disappearing once again. I finally received a reply to my mail saying she's yet again not in the office and she will be back in a week and let me know. Glory be!

I waited for that fateful day and was waiting for a call, as i was so dead sure i would be selected. Instead, i receive a mail, saying that my interview has been impressive and so is my CV, but owing to the large volumes of interview conducted, i do not match the skill they are looking for. "Unfortunately", they would not be taking it forward, it seems. I was polite and asked them the reason as a personal inquisition and rectification if possible, but all i got was a reminding of the 'Company Policies' that they seem to follow to death and how they cannot divulge in more information. Seriously?

I thanked them for the experience and the process. Whatever it was, the Recruiter was well mannered and helpful, compared to the other Recruiters out there.

I did not take up 3 more jobs that came my way and did not apply anywhere else, thinking i suited the profile and also the interview went well. I know i was a fool in doing so, but heck, a major mistake; probably due to the confidence of my performance and my profile.

I do not see the point in withholding the results and the information for such a long time or conducting so many rounds of interviews. As far as i can see it, it was not a stage wise interview or level clearing process. Because, i do not see myself getting evicted in the last round after talking the same things, that too in a better and more confident way after facing off so many rounds.

The highlight was that i was told i would be asked questions about the industry and about the operations. I was asked NONE. Everything was about how and why things are so and so in life and plausible probability of some non existent situation. All that research and knowledge about FB and its functions went down the drain. Well, knowledge gained. . .

Interview Question – Asked a lot of things regarding "what if" and "what if not" . . . They wanted to see where i was headed in life. Very specific to my CV and accomplishments till now.   View Answer

Online Sales Operations Interview

Online Sales Operations
Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was approached by a senior US head office based recruiter and she saw my CV on one of the Indian job boards. I was asked in the email if I was interested and I replied positively. After this, she emailed me again in 2 days and asked me to take an English test and also said that once I pass the test satisfactorily, she will schedule time with me to speak.

I seemed to pass the test and then I get a call from her during which she asked me about my expected salary straight away and also told me afterwards to expect only in a certain range. After a 0.5 hr chat, I was told she is happy with me and that I have progressed to the next stage! In about 10 days, I get a call from Hyderabad office without anyone scheduling my time. Afterwards, an HR person from India contacts me and agrees to schedule a call which she did.

However, I did not receive a call from the person I was supposed to - a masterstroke. This telephonic round went well too and in about 1.5 weeks, I contacted this HR person about feedback and she says that I have progressed further and schedules another telephonic round. I get this call and it went very well; having answered most questions in the best possible way.

The real thing starts now. After the 3rd round happened, I waited for another 10 days and only then emailed my HR contact about feedback. I get a reply saying that the guy has not given feedback yet and that she will come back on this in 2 days. However, more than 7 weeks passed since then and I am still chasing for feedback and no on even cares to reply.

What a pity and what a waste of time. Even smaller companies with brand value no where close to Facebook know the value of potential employees.

Very, very disappointed with them. Not because they did not select me, but because I was kept waiting for a deserving feedback.

Interview Question – Can you think of any new features that will benefit Facebook users as well as advertisers?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook interview questions and advice in Hyderābād. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.