Facebook

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IOS Engineer Interview

IOS Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and asked for a CV. After a week or so, they contacted me back asking to answer general questions (regarding relocation possibilities, etc.) and four technical easy questions:
 Views: A square subview is centered when viewed in landscape. When the device is rotated to portrait, the square ends up closer to the top-right corner. What's wrong?
Memory: What memory management policy do you use for an object's delegate? Why?
UX: When would you use a home-screen navigation or tab-bar navigation?
Understanding of platform: What is toll-free bridging?
After that, they've arranged a skype interview with Facebook engineer. The guy was iOS-developer and after briefly asking about my past experience, started with questions like follows:
-how will you describe iOS manual memory management for a new developer in few words?
-how would you implement call for canceling queued blocks with dispatch_after?
-Given a set of 2D points, some integer k, find the k points closest to the origin, (0,0).

Interview Question – -how would you implement call for canceling queued blocks with dispatch_after?   View Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

IOS Engineer

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – Got in touch with a recruiter through a friend, and they passed me along to a mobile recruiter. I had 2 technical phone interviews—one more general CS stuff, and the other specific to iOS. After that, they flew me out to Facebook HQ, where I interviewed with 4 members of the iOS team.

Interview Question – Lots of standard challenge type questions.   View Answer

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!