Facebook

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was called by a recruiter to see if I was interested in any of the problems Facebook was working on. I had heard they had a bad culture but decided to go talk to them anyway to see for myself. I met a director and a few more managers. The recruiters were hard to reach and unprofessional. I would want to work there.

Interview Question – Reverse an array   View Answers (3)

IOS Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn and asked for a CV. After a week or so, they contacted me back asking to answer general questions (regarding relocation possibilities, etc.) and four technical easy questions:
 Views: A square subview is centered when viewed in landscape. When the device is rotated to portrait, the square ends up closer to the top-right corner. What's wrong?
Memory: What memory management policy do you use for an object's delegate? Why?
UX: When would you use a home-screen navigation or tab-bar navigation?
Understanding of platform: What is toll-free bridging?
After that, they've arranged a skype interview with Facebook engineer. The guy was iOS-developer and after briefly asking about my past experience, started with questions like follows:
-how will you describe iOS manual memory management for a new developer in few words?
-how would you implement call for canceling queued blocks with dispatch_after?
-Given a set of 2D points, some integer k, find the k points closest to the origin, (0,0).

Interview Question – -how would you implement call for canceling queued blocks with dispatch_after?   View Answer

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – Got in touch with a recruiter through a friend, and they passed me along to a mobile recruiter. I had 2 technical phone interviews—one more general CS stuff, and the other specific to iOS. After that, they flew me out to Facebook HQ, where I interviewed with 4 members of the iOS team.

Interview Question – Lots of standard challenge type questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook IOS Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.