Facebook Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Such a stellar, stellar process. I was floored by how efficient and enjoyable every step was. I applied through an employee referral after meeting several employees at a conference. Because of NDA, I will remain pretty vague here--but several months later, they began looking for fall interns and a university recruiter contacted me saying she had received my CV through an earlier referral. A week later, we had a 40-minute phone interview (essentially a prescreening on what you're looking for, what experience you'd like to have, why Facebook, and most particularly what your research entails). Three days later, I found out I'd moved on to the next stage. Two weeks later, I had a 50-minute Skype interview that was based on behavioral questions, more about my research, and a few curveball questions that make you think much more deeply about research and methodology. I found out that day that I'd moved on to the last stage. Two weeks after that, Facebook flew me out for an on-site interview. Keeping this as vague as possible, I will say that they were so incredibly gracious and did so much to make sure I had a good experience (it would be hard not to!). Everyone I met was awesome, the campus is fantastic, and everything was incredibly efficient. Expect a presentation on a surprise prompt (you have three days to prepare) and one-on-one interviews. When I left, I realized that even if I didn't get this, just the experience of that single day made everything worth it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• NDA, but prepare for basic behavioral questions. For most, there is no right or wrong answer...they just want to see how you think, so as long as you're transparent with how you arrive at your conclusions, it opens the door for interesting conversation. My interviewers were awesome, and that seems to be a pretty normal aspect of Facebook employees. If you go on site, make sure to visit the Facebook store on the main campus (not the new one) and pick up an $11 t-shirt. (:   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I applied online through their website. I was contacted after one week and scheduled an interview for the following week. They flew me out and although the interview only lasted 4 hours, I was in California for the weekend. Great experience. Wonderful company. Although I did not get an offer, I will definitely apply again.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter -she was very helpful and nice. She setup a technical interview with a designer for the following week. The questions were mostly about different Facebook features and apps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a month. Phone screen and then Skype interviews. The phone screen was nice. The interviewer was very polite and kind. Emphasis was mainly on my activities outside the classroom and what I will actually contribute to facebook.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took the offer as it was given. It was a great offer!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me and I got a phone interview and had to use Collabedit. The recruiter was incredibly nice and even helped me with my resume. I haven't got a response yet as to an offer.

Interview Questions

• data structures questions. Cracking the coding interview edition 5 is a must read.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR manager 1 week after the employee referral. The interview arrangement is kinda slow, but the process went smoothly. Two code interviews followed by one behavioral interview. NDA signed, but the questions are quite reasonable. The intervieewers are all very helpful and patient. I personally enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure during your...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was on campus interview followed by an on-site interview. Questions were mostly standard from those asked in the previous interviews. Glassdoor is the best place to prepare. Be prepared to write even more better codes with better complexity and run time.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that takes an input an array of positive numbers and shifts all the zeros (0s) to the right.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Had a prescreen interview with engineer from group I would be working with. Asked questions about resume and 2 brain-teasers/coding questions. Interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Very chill interview. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question