Facebook

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter -she was very helpful and nice. She setup a technical interview with a designer for the following week. The questions were mostly about different Facebook features and apps.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

A recruiter messaged me and I got a phone interview and had to use Collabedit. The recruiter was incredibly nice and even helped me with my resume. I haven't got a response yet as to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • data structures questions. Cracking the coding interview edition 5 is a must read.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Recruiter contacted me. Had a prescreen interview with engineer from group I would be working with. Asked questions about resume and 2 brain-teasers/coding questions. Interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Very chill interview. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions
    • Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

So far I have been through the coding challenge. Other interviews next week. I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. She wanted to talk about full time opportunities but we settled on an internship first.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Left a resume at the college career fair and got an email to schedule for an interview. They had a reception where I met the interviewer. It was supposed to be a 45 minute interview, but I went over to about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Used questions that show up here or on career cup:

Return the index of the maximum element in an array.

Given a string of characters without spaces, is there a way to break the string into valid words without leftover characters.

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of strings, return a list of lists, where each list consists of words that are anagrams." Example: Given ["cab", "cz", "abc", "bca", "zc"] the output should be: [ [ "abc", "bca", "cab"] , [ "zc", cz"]].   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I've submitted my resume during one of the career fairs, and my recruiter emailed me back within a month. I had two interviews at school on two different days, and the decision was emailed back to me within a week. From then on, I was connected with a recruiter, who scheduled my flight and asked about my preferences...

Intern Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Super nice, and seemed to get really interested once I mentioned that I wanted to do work relating to infrastructure. I got an on-campus interview after that, which was very straightforward. Mostly talked about projects, and the one technical question I got was basically just implementing a DFS. Thought I did well in the interview, but my recruiter never got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • None. The question was asking given a string and a mapping of a character to another set of characters, print all the possible combinations of chars.   View Answers (2)