Facebook Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

I applied online through their website. I was contacted after one week and scheduled an interview for the following week. They flew me out and although the interview only lasted 4 hours, I was in California for the weekend. Great experience. Wonderful company. Although I did not get an offer, I will definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter -she was very helpful and nice. She setup a technical interview with a designer for the following week. The questions were mostly about different Facebook features and apps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a month. Phone screen and then Skype interviews. The phone screen was nice. The interviewer was very polite and kind. Emphasis was mainly on my activities outside the classroom and what I will actually contribute to facebook.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took the offer as it was given. It was a great offer!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me and I got a phone interview and had to use Collabedit. The recruiter was incredibly nice and even helped me with my resume. I haven't got a response yet as to an offer.

Interview Questions

• data structures questions. Cracking the coding interview edition 5 is a must read.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR manager 1 week after the employee referral. The interview arrangement is kinda slow, but the process went smoothly. Two code interviews followed by one behavioral interview. NDA signed, but the questions are quite reasonable. The intervieewers are all very helpful and patient. I personally enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure during your...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was on campus interview followed by an on-site interview. Questions were mostly standard from those asked in the previous interviews. Glassdoor is the best place to prepare.
    Be prepared to write even more better codes with better complexity and run time.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that takes an input an array of positive numbers and shifts all the zeros (0s) to the right.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Had a prescreen interview with engineer from group I would be working with. Asked questions about resume and 2 brain-teasers/coding questions. Interview lasted exactly 45 minutes. Very chill interview. No technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Interview

So far I have been through the coding challenge. Other interviews next week. I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. She wanted to talk about full time opportunities but we settled on an internship first.