Facebook

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.1

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

So far I have been through the coding challenge. Other interviews next week. I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. She wanted to talk about full time opportunities but we settled on an internship first.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Left a resume at the college career fair and got an email to schedule for an interview. They had a reception where I met the interviewer. It was supposed to be a 45 minute interview, but I went over to about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Used questions that show up here or on career cup:

Return the index of the maximum element in an array.

Given a string of characters without spaces, is there a way to break the string into valid words without leftover characters.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of strings, return a list of lists, where each list consists of words that are anagrams." Example: Given ["cab", "cz", "abc", "bca", "zc"] the output should be: [ [ "abc", "bca", "cab"] , [ "zc", cz"]].   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I've submitted my resume during one of the career fairs, and my recruiter emailed me back within a month. I had two interviews at school on two different days, and the decision was emailed back to me within a week. From then on, I was connected with a recruiter, who scheduled my flight and asked about my preferences...

Intern Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Super nice, and seemed to get really interested once I mentioned that I wanted to do work relating to infrastructure. I got an on-campus interview after that, which was very straightforward. Mostly talked about projects, and the one technical question I got was basically just implementing a DFS. Thought I did well in the interview, but my recruiter never got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • None. The question was asking given a string and a mapping of a character to another set of characters, print all the possible combinations of chars.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

Phone interview, guy was really nice and wasn't personally familiar with the language I was coding in (which was fine)

Interview Questions
    • given a list of strings, return a list of lists of all the anagrams   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

I applied to Facebook at Career Fair in my university. They contacted me for on-campus interview about a week or two later.

Interview Questions
    • I was to asked to code a function that computes the product of two numbers in string form and outputs the result in the string form.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I was given one problem for 45 minutes, it's a string parser. not hard, but the board was no larger than 27inches, there is no way the solution will fit in such a small board. then the interviewer suggested that to bring you own white board pen to the interview, so that you can write in smaller font

Intern Interview

Had two interviews. Both technical, and on-campus (at my college). Second interview was harder than the first.