Facebook Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Interview

Interview asked me to answer a programming question on the spot. Had to write out code.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Facebook in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and my school had their own internship application program but they decided not to use that. Instead, the HR called me and asked me some typical HR questions, which I was able to answer, and then she scheduled me with a manager for further evaluation. She also told me there would be 2 rounds of tech interviews which I thought was weird of an internship..

Interview Questions

• So dev manager was asking about algorithms and I was able to answer most of them. But then he asked something about NP completeness which I had no clue what it was about.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions

• Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a month. Phone screen and then Skype interviews. The phone screen was nice. The interviewer was very polite and kind. Emphasis was mainly on my activities outside the classroom and what I will actually contribute to facebook.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took the offer as it was given. It was a great offer!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions

• Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

5 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Interview

Left a resume at the college career fair and got an email to schedule for an interview. They had a reception where I met the interviewer. It was supposed to be a 45 minute interview, but I went over to about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Used questions that show up here or on career cup:

Return the index of the maximum element in an array.

Given a string of characters without spaces, is there a way to break the string into valid words without leftover characters.

1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Interview

The Interview Process took two weeks, in first week, a phone screen, in the other week a interview via skype. It was a nice experience, but I stay nervous all the time, and complicated myself. Think a little time before answer something, and always give the brute force solution first, it's better to give one solution.

Interview Questions

• Given a array and a number x, find in the array two numbers (A,B) that A + B == X.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online , first received an email asking for more details, then 15 min talk to recruiter. 2 45 min online interviews and another on site . Then another general interview.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Facebook in November 2011.

Interview

Initial contact followed by written test. Written test consists of software problem solving including algorithm type problems. Algorithm problems were fairly tough. Time was tight for me. One should have sufficient preparation, and practice for problem solving and coding speed. Read algorithm textbook again and review common and key algorithms.