Facebook

Updated Dec 23, 2014

3.2

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Interview asked me to answer a programming question on the spot. Had to write out code.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Facebook in September 2013.

I applied online and my school had their own internship application program but they decided not to use that. Instead, the HR called me and asked me some typical HR questions, which I was able to answer, and then she scheduled me with a manager for further evaluation. She also told me there would be 2 rounds of tech interviews which I thought was weird of an internship..

Interview Questions
    • So dev manager was asking about algorithms and I was able to answer most of them. But then he asked something about NP completeness which I had no clue what it was about.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Was emailed promptly by a recruiter, who arranged everything. Had one phone interview. Interviewed for the grad-student-level position of "security engineer intern", which I assumed meant more along the lines of network and system security and less along the lines of web security, which is cool but not my area.

Interview Questions
    • Explain TLS from start to finish, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. Explain everything that happens from the moment you type facebook.com into your browser to the moment you log in, in as much detail as you are comfortable with. The first one I bombed, the second one I'm pretty sure I nailed. Neither question was expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

View Answers (4)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Left a resume at the college career fair and got an email to schedule for an interview. They had a reception where I met the interviewer. It was supposed to be a 45 minute interview, but I went over to about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Used questions that show up here or on career cup:

Return the index of the maximum element in an array.

Given a string of characters without spaces, is there a way to break the string into valid words without leftover characters.

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in November 2011.

Initial contact followed by written test. Written test consists of software problem solving including algorithm type problems. Algorithm problems were fairly tough. Time was tight for me. One should have sufficient preparation, and practice for problem solving and coding speed. Read algorithm textbook again and review common and key algorithms.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in September 2012.

It started when Facebook visited my University in April. They had a company presentation and offered an online programming challenge for people interested in either an internship or a full time position. After successfully completing the challenge Facebook got back to me in the end of September. For some reason I didn't have to do the HR interview, but had the first technical interview instead. This went well, so I had another one. Unfortunately this didn't work out as good as the first one, so that in the end they decided against hiring me. Overall the whole interview process was very transparent and quick, it only took a week from the first interview to the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Stock Prize Problem (given a stock prize over time, find the optimal time to buy and sell, given that selling has to occur after buying).   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook in September 2010.

Questions on LL traversal and manipulation. Questions on String permutations, A very hard question on an infinite maze and a robot (hardcore recursion and expected almost optimal answer in 20 mins)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

20 minute HR screener asking basic questions of Java features (Put Java as a dominant language)

60 minute follow-up interview with Engineer asking questions about data structures and used a system where we could share writing code together. Wrote code to find the maximum subsequence sum over the phone and struggled through an example. Also did another couple problems. Was rather nervous and talked very little about my other non-coding experiences.