Facebook Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2014

3.1

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delhi (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Online programming test consisting of two questions on hackerrank.com.Time limit was 60 minutes.
One questions was based on depth first search and the other on simple string parsing.Knowledge of basic algorithms was required.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?
        View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Just as stated in the above, a quick call with the recruiter to confirm personal info (through phone or skype) and then a technical interview with an engineer through Skype.

Interview Questions
    • given a string, return the opposite of it, without changing the inner order of any word. for instance:

" abc" -> "abc "
      " good morning" -> "morning good "
        View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

I've submitted my resume during one of the career fairs, and my recruiter emailed me back within a month. I had two interviews at school on two different days, and the decision was emailed back to me within a week. From then on, I was connected with a recruiter, who scheduled my flight and asked about my preferences...

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of strings, return a list of lists, where each list consists of words that are anagrams." Example: Given ["cab", "cz", "abc", "bca", "zc"] the output should be: [ [ "abc", "bca", "cab"] , [ "zc", cz"]].   View Answer

Intern Interview

I gave out a resume on career fair and did an in person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • introduce some projects I did and was asked a question about binary tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I was given one problem for 45 minutes, it's a string parser. not hard, but the board was no larger than 27inches, there is no way the solution will fit in such a small board. then the interviewer suggested that to bring you own white board pen to the interview, so that you can write in smaller font

Intern Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Super nice, and seemed to get really interested once I mentioned that I wanted to do work relating to infrastructure. I got an on-campus interview after that, which was very straightforward. Mostly talked about projects, and the one technical question I got was basically just implementing a DFS. Thought I did well in the interview, but my recruiter never got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • None. The question was asking given a string and a mapping of a character to another set of characters, print all the possible combinations of chars.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Facebook.

Phone interview, guy was really nice and wasn't personally familiar with the language I was coding in (which was fine)

Interview Questions
    • given a list of strings, return a list of lists of all the anagrams   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!