Facebook

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.1

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

The interview process consisted of a 45 min interview with one of the dev on campus. It was a technical interview with focus on data structures like tree and algos related to the same. I was asked to print all the nodes of a tree in order. Basically an implementation of BFS and then was asked to print the tree as it appears with correct new line characters making it appear as a tree and then further was asked to modify the logic such that the nodes are indented to make it look exactly like tree(we see in all the DS books)

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Left a resume at the college career fair and got an email to schedule for an interview. They had a reception where I met the interviewer. It was supposed to be a 45 minute interview, but I went over to about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Used questions that show up here or on career cup:

Return the index of the maximum element in an array.

Given a string of characters without spaces, is there a way to break the string into valid words without leftover characters.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

So far I have been through the coding challenge. Other interviews next week. I was contacted by a recruiter who saw my profile on LinkedIn. She wanted to talk about full time opportunities but we settled on an internship first.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Online programming test consisting of two questions on hackerrank.com.Time limit was 60 minutes.
    One questions was based on depth first search and the other on simple string parsing.Knowledge of basic algorithms was required.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

View Answers (4)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Just as stated in the above, a quick call with the recruiter to confirm personal info (through phone or skype) and then a technical interview with an engineer through Skype.

Interview Questions
    • given a string, return the opposite of it, without changing the inner order of any word. for instance:

" abc" -> "abc "
      " good morning" -> "morning good "

View Answers (4)

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I've submitted my resume during one of the career fairs, and my recruiter emailed me back within a month. I had two interviews at school on two different days, and the decision was emailed back to me within a week. From then on, I was connected with a recruiter, who scheduled my flight and asked about my preferences...

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of strings, return a list of lists, where each list consists of words that are anagrams." Example: Given ["cab", "cz", "abc", "bca", "zc"] the output should be: [ [ "abc", "bca", "cab"] , [ "zc", cz"]].   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I gave out a resume on career fair and did an in person interview on campus.

Interview Questions
    • introduce some projects I did and was asked a question about binary tree.   Answer Question