Facebook

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 phone screens before I got internship offer. Both had the same format - first 5 minutes talking about my experience, then ~30 minutes of coding questions. My interviewers were nice, smart and asked only reasonable questions. After each interview I had couple more minutes to ask my own questions and learn something about Facebook.

Interview Questions

Menlo Park, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2011.

Interview Details – A friend referred me, and I had to take up their online programming test. They readily scheduled a phone interview, which went well and within an hour I received a mail asking for time to schedule the second. The second one also went well, and they offered me the job after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions on the Look-and-Say sequence. Google it.   Answer Question
  • Two other questions were similar to the ones posted by others who underwent FB interviews. So not repeating them.   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2009.

Interview Details – I did a phone screening with facebook after talking with them at the career fair. The recruiters were very friendly, but the phone screener was one of the most unfriendly people I have met during my interview process. She didn't even bother introducing herself or talking to me and seemed like she was just reading questions off a sheet of paper.
She asked about the difference between an array list and a vector, and some more short, concrete (no algorithms) java questions.
Afterwards, she asked me to do a facebook puzzle, but it was such a bad experience that I didn't bother.

Interview Question – What was the difference between ArrayList and Vector.   View Answer

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Question – Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
A = 1
B = 2
...
J = 10
K = 11
etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Question – They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Interview Details – Just as stated in the above, a quick call with the recruiter to confirm personal info (through phone or skype) and then a technical interview with an engineer through Skype.

Interview Question – given a string, return the opposite of it, without changing the inner order of any word. for instance:

" abc" -> "abc "
" good morning" -> "morning good "

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – I gave out a resume on career fair and did an in person interview on campus.

Interview Question – introduce some projects I did and was asked a question about binary tree.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in November 2013.

Interview Details – applied through recruiter

Interview Question – Questions asked: how to interleave 2 linked list   Answer Question

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – The interview process is really fast. It tooks less than a week since the first email from the recruiter to the first interview. The interview is with a engineer and he first ask about your life and jobs, and then 2 tecnical questions. The interview takes around 50 minutes at most.

Interview Question – There are N points in a array. Find the first K points nearst to the origin.

Follow up: K is much smaller than N.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a 45-minute interview at Facebook. The interviewer was nice and helpful; he even told me I was doing fine when I really wasn't. In the beginning he asked me why I want to work at facebook. Afterwards, I was asked about my Google Summer of Code project. Then technical questions started (and this is where the interview went in a not so right direction). The interviewer asked me to interleave two linked list - a simple problem, but I missed an edge case, then panicked a bit. The second task involved writing a simple regex parser (with ".", "*" and "?"). This really killed me.

Interview Question – Write a simple regex parser (with ".", "*" and "?").   Answer Question