Facebook

Updated Dec 23, 2014

3.2

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Had two interviews. Both technical, and on-campus (at my college). Second interview was harder than the first.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Two-round on-campus interview. Received offer several days later

Interview Questions
    • All are general algorithm questions (Binary search tree, e.g.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2011.

A friend referred me, and I had to take up their online programming test. They readily scheduled a phone interview, which went well and within an hour I received a mail asking for time to schedule the second. The second one also went well, and they offered me the job after 3-4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on the Look-and-Say sequence. Google it.   Answer Question
    • Two other questions were similar to the ones posted by others who underwent FB interviews. So not repeating them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook in February 2011.

I met them at Career fair and I got call in one week as they came for on campus interviews. For internship, I had two rounds of interviews. The interviews were basic programming/algorithm questions. The interviewer was calm and cool. He observed whether I write code without getting stuck in between.

Interview Questions
    no. i dint coz i had only one offer at that time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in May 2010.

I was referred to the position from a previous interview at another company. They were looking to fill the position relatively quickly. I had a phone interview with two people in the department, then had in person interview with three people in the department.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked my opinion of NPS, or Net Promoter Score. I was not familiar with the metric at the time, which made it a more difficult question to answer.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate the rate, I was happy with the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in February 2010.

I had 2 phone screens before I got internship offer. Both had the same format - first 5 minutes talking about my experience, then ~30 minutes of coding questions. My interviewers were nice, smart and asked only reasonable questions. After each interview I had couple more minutes to ask my own questions and learn something about Facebook.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in March 2009.

I did a phone screening with facebook after talking with them at the career fair. The recruiters were very friendly, but the phone screener was one of the most unfriendly people I have met during my interview process. She didn't even bother introducing herself or talking to me and seemed like she was just reading questions off a sheet of paper.
    She asked about the difference between an array list and a vector, and some more short, concrete (no algorithms) java questions.
    Afterwards, she asked me to do a facebook puzzle, but it was such a bad experience that I didn't bother.

Interview Questions
    • What was the difference between ArrayList and Vector.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook in August 2014.

Online programming test consisting of two questions on hackerrank.com.Time limit was 60 minutes.
    One questions was based on depth first search and the other on simple string parsing.Knowledge of basic algorithms was required.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

View Answers (4)