Facebook

Updated Mar 3, 2015
1,369 Interview Reviews

3.2

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

The whole interview process was pretty smooth and the HR people pretty fast in replying to any questions I had. I wont be able to tell the question as such due to the NDA I had to sign, but it pretty much involves checking how you can think on the fly and try to come up with solutions to simple yet interesting problems

Interview Questions
    • was given hypothetical problems, the solutions to which can be many. They wanted to see the thought process and how you would approach the problem   View Answer

Software Engineer for Android Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook.

I had a telephonic interview asking overall 8 multiple choice questions. The questions where real big to keep in mind for telephonic round. So one has to listen very carefully during interview.

Interview Questions
    • giving choices from which three are correct and one is not so have to find the wrong ones   Answer Question

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

On campus Interview, they eventually set up a date, and had a 40 minute interview. it was through our campus recruiting so it was a fairly easy process. They also had a reception with free food. Interview wasn't very difficult though I didn't get an offer, so they must have been looking for something else.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Phone interview, engineer was very nice but kind of awkward because he would't speak loud and was very difficult to communicate while programming and not being able to listen to his comments. Overall it was very interesting and helpful interview. They try to help you throughout the process and are very quick to answer emails and questions

Interview Questions
    • What is one project you've worked on outside from school that you feel passionate about?   Answer Question

Infrastructure MBA Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

There were three Interviews. The first one was an HR Interview followed by an interview with the Director and then an interview with the manager. All Interviews were 30 -- 45 minutes in duration. The interviews were pointed more towards assessing ease of working with and fast thinking.The Results were out fast.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you exhibited leadership to achieve an important goal.   Answer Question

SMB Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

Questions included wanting to know about how I would interact with small business owners, how I stay organized (method), and how I get through a lot of work and prioritize tasks. I did the interview over the phone, and the interviewer was nice and asked good questions. I was not very suitable for the position, and did not have any business or tech experience so I was not surprised that I did not get a follow up interview. I did a lot of research about the role, and I recommend anyone applying to do the same. They will want to hear anecdotes and numbers.

Technical Support Engineer, LiveRail Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Opportunity offered by Recruiter from HQ
    For the interview, I have prepared long time on the technical areas, however, this role turned out to be more customer service oriented which does not involved too much about coding.

Interview Questions

Does not really fit my background

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

The interview process for me was uberly long. I wasn't planning on applying to Facebook, but a recruiter reached out to me mid-december on LinkedIn. I thought "what the heck, it's a great company" and got back to her the next day, but she was leaving for the XMas break. No more communication until early Jan. Connecting on the phone was a pain, as first she didn't call until 15 minutes after she said she would. I had stopped standing by the phone and went to email her when she did call, so missed it. We emailed and set something up for an hour later. This time she called 30 minutes late. No apologies or anything. Sigh. She advised that I put all of my other interviews before the Facebook one so that I could get practice, and then signed me up for a free interview review course they run. I went and things were all great, so I told them I was ready. Queue another 2 week pause while they tried to answer a question I had asked before scheduling me. When I finally made it onsite for an interview (mid-late feb), I had expected it to be a full day of interviewing, but instead it was a 30 minute screen before I could do the *actual* interview. In all fairness, I should have seen that coming. But anyways, did the screen and got a response before I had even left the parking that they wanted to schedule my full interview. I also got a call from my recruiter that afternoon to give me interview feedback. I thought that was awesome, as most people don't do that. I can't say how useful it was as I had no negative feedback from my interviewers and her advice was just "wow, keep doing whatever you just did!" but it sounds like it could be useful if things don't go perfectly the first time around. Anywho, by this time I had multiple other offers with deadlines on them. I went ahead and scheduled the final round interview for the following week, but ended up canceling the day before as I had decided to go with another company. This seemed to irk my recruiter, despite the fact that she was the one who told me to interview with other companies first and I had been upfront about that and the associated timelines during the whole process. When initial contact and end offer are 2.5 months apart, you can't expect someone to be sitting idle that whole time...

The only reason I still rank this as a positive experience is because I had a secondary recruiter I worked with coordinating onsite logistics (the girl who first contacted me was out of state) and he was awesome. If any of you get the chance, work with Charlie. He's direct and super straight forward and knows that candidates are people with multiple options and treats you as such. I do a lot of mentoring and will certainly be sending any of my mentees who expresses interest in Fbook Charlie's way; he's a real gem.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions I got was around bit manipulation and built on itself by layers (i.e. how would you do x? ok, say you have a function for x, how would you do this new thing y?). The other question was a modification of a sorting question (i.e. the question itself was sort the array, but there were some parameters on the data type that made things extra fun/not standard sorting algorithm)   Answer Question

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

I applied online,using the friendly Facebook career website.
    I received an email followed by informal phone interview.Afterwards,I got the chance for a tech interview.
    The first questions were a little general,tell me about yourself kind of thing.previous experience and the challenges faced.
    There were 2 coding problems, one based on recursion,factorial kind of thing...

And afterwards ,a question on merging two sorted arrays in linear time.My approach solved the problem in quadratic time and was asked to improve it to the best I can.
    At first I couldn't really see how;but the interviewer was really nice.He gave me hints to start with. At first I stumbled because I could not immediately get the whole idea.I kept on saying stuff without changing the code until I said the right thing and he agreed with me afterwards.
    I am waiting to hear the outcome of the interview which I have hope I passed and will get the chance to work with such wonderful and humble people.I really liked the guy,so down to earth...I feel like crying right now...

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Facebook in February 2015.

On campus recruiting, followed by an onsite. The interview questions were generally pretty easy, and the interviewers generally were good with hints on how to optimize code. The process was extremely straightforward. Make sure you put code down on the whiteboard that is clean and readable.

Interview Questions
    • Print a linked list in reverse recursively and non-destructively.   View Answers (2)
    • Standard dynamic problems.   Answer Question
    • Given a set of strings, return the smallest subset that contains prefixes for every string.

If the list is ['foo', 'foog', 'food', 'asdf'] return ['foo', 'asdf']