Facebook Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
1,647 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interview

After a facebook event at my university I applied with a employee who then redirected my CV to a recruiter. I was then contacted for a 'skype' interview. The interview lasted 45 minutes. A few days later they contacted me with my results.

, Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I had an overview phone interview where I was asked about my past work and then I had two coding interviews. I didn't make it but found the overall interview process enjoyable and fair. One of my interviews had an accent that was really difficult to understand but he was very patient and understanding.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2012.

Interview

Seemless. It seemed I was being sold the role more than I was interviewing for it. I had a phone interview with my manager to be. Then I was called to the office and met 4 people for 30 minutes each. All were very friendly and energetic. They seemed genuinely excited to meet me and enthusiastic about their jobs and the company they worked for.

Interview Questions

• You have been giving a job description to recruit for that is a brand new area for you. What do you do first?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Apply online, get contacted, complete a phone screen, a phone interview, and an on-site whiteboard interview. You must pass each round separately, but the final round I was flown out and got to experience interviewing on their campus and learn what their engineering life was like.

Interview Questions

• NDA, but basic CS1 style questions, similar to other companies. Know your structures, specifically trees, and be able to apply them to a problem in working code on the fly.   Answer Question

Platform Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. A lead phone interview which was pretty basic. Asked about my background and why i was interested in the role. Then 4-5 in person interviews each lasting 30 mins. Each interviewer had their own angle or agenda. One of the interviewers was the hiring manager. On site at Facebook. Recruiter set up everything. Overall pretty smooth and no trick questions or scare tactics.

Interview Questions

• Background based. Platform based. A few critical thinking questions   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Good group of interviewers- easy to speak with and informative. Quick response times which made for a painless experience :) Enjoyed meeting the team and being shown around their space. Hope to touch-base again in future.

Recruitment Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2014.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted within a couple of days by an internal recruiter to arrange a phone screen. I was then invited to an onsite interview where i was interviewed by two of the recruitment team (15 min each) and was then given a written exercise to complete at the end (30 mins). I was left waiting in the meeting room on my own for a while which made me a bit uncomfortable because I didn't know what to expect, waiting for the next interviewer/if they had been talking about how my interview was going with the previous interviewer. Overall I enjoyed the experience and was given a tour of the office at the end of my interview. Everyone seemed friendly and the office is in a great location. I would recommend having a good clear answer for why you want to work there and some examples to back up your opinions on the company or what the job will be like - I was asked that question in the phone screen and it came up again in the interview. I think they look for your knowledge of the product/brand as well as the company as an employer i.e. what you can offer them and what attracted you to apply there over other tech companies. After a couple of days the recruiter contacted me with interview feedback and the outcome to le me know they weren't progressing with my application - there would have been a second round interview before an offer was made.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter messaged me on LinkedIn, there was a quick pre-screen followed by a call with the hiring manager, then a nearly day long interview on campus with key team members that will interact with this role. Everyone I met was friendly and professional, and the interview process felt more like a series of good conversations about stuff I enjoy talking about anyway. After the in person, I was contacted by a recruiter to see if there were any competing offers and to let me know the timeline for moving forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook in February 2015.

Interview

One phone screen and two technical phone interviews. The phone screen had some basic questions about networking and systems. The first technical interview was a basic text processing question suitable for any scripting language, and the second was more of a systems design question that tested technical depth and troubleshooting. There was no coding involved on the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a database with slow I/O, how can we improve it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Run of the mill tech interview (chat with recruiter, phone/in person screen, then full loop of 4-5 engineers). One design, two coding, one personality/coding question. The interviewers were friendly, some of them looked very smart but others were as usual.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, offer was excellent and above Google/Amazon's.