Facebook Interview Questions

1,461 Interview Reviews

3.2

Specialist, Community Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

From the time I received my first email after applying online to receiving a phone interview it took a total of three weeks. The first email i received also contained a link to a 30 minute timed writing sample which contained two questions. After I completed that I didn't get a response back until two weeks later when I sent another follow up email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in March 2015.

Interview

I had two technical interviews (they are not back-to-back, with about a two-week interval) plus one team matching interview on the phone. The whole process took 4~5 weeks. In both tech. interviews, there were two simple algorithm problems. My interviewer shared me a link on collabedit and I just coded there. All questions were quite basic and nothing surprising happened.

Interview Questions

• Q1A: In a maze with empty spaces and walls, given a starting point and ending point, find a path (not necessarily shortest). (Just BFS, DFS...)
      Q1B: If the maze is stored on multiple nodes on a cluster, what do we have to do? (No coding, just give ideas)
      Q2: Given an array and a target number, tell whether there are three numbers in the array which add up to the target number. (Time complexity should be O(n^2))
      Q3: Topological sort.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

submit my resume through internal referal. Got contacted by someone a new established department in Facebook. He give me a 10 minute quick chat about this newly established department, and set up a first round interview a week after that. I did bad in that interview. Although it's a very common data structure/ algorithm problem

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, print all root-to-leaf paths   1 Answer

Data Scientist - Product Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The tech interview was ok. Not as difficult as I thought. That being said, it is also not easy. Unprofessional recruiter who have not responded to my emails about status update.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a technical recruiter, and did a short talk about the potential position I was interested. The technical recruiter is very nice and responsible. Then did a telephone interview by an engineer from Facebook. The engineer asked something like why I chose Facebook, and asked me to solve one problem.

Interview Questions

• For a binary tree, write an iterator class, which can in-order traverse the binary tree, implement two operations, next() and hasnext(). E.g., if in-order traversing a binary tree will return 2 3 4 5 6, then first call next(), it will return 2, call next() again, it will return 3, etc.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The interviewer was not very helpful and seemed impatient. He was also slightly disinterested/unengaged during the interview process. He was late in calling me and would ramble on a bit about irrelevant experiences from the company, leaving me less time to complete my question. Only got to finish one question and didn't work out that well

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

I first had a portfolio review at a school portfolio review event then got emails for a next rounds of interviews. Had to pick 1 or 2 projects and share with them in details. Asked me how I would further develop some projects and asked about thinking process as well.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They recruited me at a conference. I had a recruiter phone screen followed by two engineering phone screens. One was focused on coding and the other on systems. This was followed by an all-day interview at the Facebook Campus. The all-day interview was 5 sessions with different engineers, 45 minutes each. Each interview focused on a different area like Architecture, Coding, Networking, and Systems.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was long with a wait time of 2 weeks between each round. Started off with 2 initial screening rounds and then 6 45-minute on-site interviews. 4 of the 6 interviews were highly technical(SQL, R and Python). Didn't get an offer but overall a fair process and got to share knowledge with some very smart folks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Interview

My friend referred me, and then a recruiter contacted me after several days. A phone screen interview was scheduled two weeks later. About 1 week, the recruiter told me I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• write a algorithm to calculate the running time for a sequence of tasks.   Answer Question