Facebook

1,238 Interview Reviews

3.2

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Gave resume to recruiter on campus, was set aside for a Front End position given experiences on resume. Contacted later by the Front End recruiter. Did a mostly behavioral phone interview, a coding challenge, another phone interview, then on-sites.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were easier than expected...pretty much basic algorithm questions in JS with some HTML/CSS mixed in   View Answer
    The package was generous; didn't feel like negotiating for internship salary. I'll probably negotiate if offered full-time. Free food and housing made the overall comp higher than other offers I received.

Ads Analyst Interview

I first got a phone call where they vetted me over the phone. That went well, so they brought me in for an in-person interview. I signed an NDA, so I can't go into too much detail. I will say that they keep you on your toes throughout the process, so keep your thinking cap on.

Interview Questions
    • I signed an NDA, but be prepared to explain every part of your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

the hiring process was extremely efficient. they move as fast as you need.
    i got responses from the recruiter in minutes and two hours after the interview i got the results.
    the office looks nice and the people there also.
    it looked too young to my taste. didn't see there anyone older (over 45) with experience but this was only a quick look.
    i got a problem that i can solve in 20 min with my laptop, but wen you need to code it on a whiteboard it's a different skill i don't have.
    even though your concept is right - they look for potential bugs on your code so make sure you write carefully (i don't).

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

I was contacted after giving my resume at a job fair. I had one phone interview with an engineer which had a fairly straightforward interview problem to solve on an online coding website. Then I was invited to interview at one of their larger offices (I chose Seattle), I was flown out and interviewed on a day that 13 other people were interviewing as well. That day I got breakfast and lunch at the company cafeteria, and had interviews with 3 engineers. One asked me how I would implement, create and solve a maze. One asked me to code a translation from base 26 to decimal.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would implement, in OO code, a maze. Then, given that implementation, to design an algorithm to solve that maze. Then, how would I create a random maze from scratch with an algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

I applied through a conferene, then i received an email from facebook, we schedule an interview depending on my availability, the interview was on the phone and call that lasted around 45 minutes

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. We quickly set up a phone call with HR asking general fit/questions about the role and process. Later I was set up with a phone/online coding interview with a data scientist. Interview started with interviewer telling me about themselves followed by "Why Facebook?"

Interview Questions
    • You have results from an A/B experiment. You applied some treatment X and want to measure the conversion rate Y. How do you control for confounding variable Z? Compute P(Y|X) after adjusting for Z.   View Answer
    • You can roll a dice 3 times. You will be given $x where x is the highest roll you get. You can choose to stop rolling at any time (e.g. if you roll a 6 on the first roll you can stop). What is your expected payout?   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook.

Implement an asked simple function in an empty paper. Each type of variables (ex. int, double) and using conditional / iterative statement had to be chosen carefully to avoid a single mistake.
    Then typical personal questions came after the code interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

The interview was pretty straight forward. First phone interview was with the recruiter who reached out to me. Then, an onsite interview and although they said, they might have a follow-up interview, they called me the next day and said they'll be making an offer. The offer numbers came in very quickly thereafter. The entire process (from first recruiter contact to offer acceptance) took less than two weeks!

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't out of the ordinary but were well-thought out. I met with 4 interviewers (30 mins each).   Answer Question

Critical Facility Engineer Interview

I had several phone interviews with recruiters and site technicians. When chosen as one of the final group of candidates, I was invited to 6 45 min. interviews in one day. Some were done in person and some video phone.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were of a technical nature pertaining to the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview. ask one project, and why want to work in facebook. Then ask two coding question. The first one is implement strstr(), and follow up is how to speed it up. The second question is 3 sum, and the element can be duplicated. Follow up is how to speed it up.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer ask me how to optimize the strstr() brute force method, and I said we can use KMP algorithm to do it, then he move on, and don't ask me to implement it.   Answer Question