Facebook Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
1,091 interviews

3.3

Software Engineering Interview

Sent my resumé, had a first round phone interview. 30 minutes, worked through one algorithm. Didn't hear back about another phone interview for 3 weeks, at which point I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a relatively standard question about BSTs.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in May 2012.

Job fair at my school, i went over to the facebook desk and ask few questions to the lady and then they ask if i will like a interview for a graphic design job, i said yes.

Solutions Engineer Interview

interviewed at Facebook in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I submitted my resume online. I was as accommodating as possible, finding a quick break between meetings to speak with her about the position. Overall, that conversation went well but I was winding down from a high pressure meeting so I was definitely a bit loquacious. We scheduled a phone interview to follow two days later.

During that time, I talked a bit with my mother about how relocation would affect my ability to help with a recent loss in my immediate family. I emailed the recruiter and scheduler, alerting them I didn't think I'd be able to relocate for some time, and I understood if they wanted to cancel the interview, but I'd hold the time on my calendar until hearing from them.

I received a reply after the interview time, only after mentioning "Glassdoor". So I instead spent the interview time writing this review.

Challenging work is great, being part of innovation is amazing, but as a successful professional with experience in both, I can't emphasize enough how important it is you find somewhere to work that treats people the way you'd hope to be treated in opposite shoes. This is the same way they'll treat you as innovation changes things... who knows...in a more connected/augmented reality based world what relevance a profile would even have?

If I could look back I would apply this same principle to how I made friends, love interests, and how I have chosen jobs. There will always be more money to be made. There will always be smart people to work with. There will always be exciting/innovating things to be part of. But this isn't like surfing waves where you just catch another one...being part of something will change who you are/how you act/who you become.

In short, don't sell your soul to hang out with this year (or decades) cool kids.

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook.

Two quick discussions with two people. Very casual and informal. No trick questions. It seemed they just wanted to get to know me and see if I was easy to work with. Very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do your first week on the job.   View Answer
    Flat rate offer.

Account Manager Interview

Very basic initial phone interview from a recruiter at Facebook. No questions were asked to be thrown off, general background information and resume review. Nothing unexpected. General review of past experience and general knowledge. Nothing even too specific to Facebook or the role in general.

Interview Questions
    • General resume review, nothing in particular unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in July 2014.

Introduced into the whole process via a referral, so I was able to move quickly to an onsite interview. This was easily the best interview experience I've had in a long time - recruiter was friendly and extremely responsive, and each of the interviews was engaged during the interview.

Everything moved very quickly once I indicated that I felt prepared to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing terribly surprising - be prepared to talk through CS fundamentals, large scale design, and code code code.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst- People Analytics Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks.

The recruiter contacted me the day after my resume was internally referred. Set up a call a couple of days later for a short chat (15 mins) about the nature of the job, my general qualifications and backgrounds, and continued interest in the position. I was immediately notified I'd be moved to the next interview, a 45 minute phone interview with the head of the team. The recruiter was very informative about the subject of the call (statistics, statistical methods/concepts) and background of the interviewer. Interview went well.

Fifteen minutes after that interview concluded, the recruiter called me, asked me how I felt it went, and informed me I'd be moving toward a second (45-minute) phone interview. The call was scheduled for the following week and again, I was informed on the subject of the interview (advanced stats, probability, and live syntax for data management) as well as the background of the interviewer (quantitative engineer). The call went well, though I did stumble a little bit over the syntax (I'd just taught myself over the weekend), but not because it was difficult.

A week later I was informed my interviews went generally well, but unfortunately I didn't make it to the next round. My background is in org psychology, and I think they were looking for someone with more engineering/computer programming experience. Overall, very pleasant experience working through the process.

Interview Questions
    • Advanced stats questions regarding HLM. Explain in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

Initial contact and screening took place over Facebook messenger. It was a little odd, being the first interview I'd ever had over a chat system. But it at least got me in the door. There was another phone screen after that with a member of the team, then they brought me onsite. I met with 5 people and it lasted most of the day. Some were good solid interviews with real people who liked to have a conversation and get real information. Some were very cold interviews literally read off a script right in front of me without making any eye contact. I was surprised at the range of interviewing skills and styles.

In the end, I was not offered the job. However, I was never actually told "no". I was only told "we're meeting later this week to discuss" or "there are a few more candidates to get through before we make a decision" and "just wait one more week and we'll have more information." They eventually just stopped answering my emails for a status. I got the hint, and probably for the best.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how the website works. (That's the whole question, with no context.)   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

campus recruiting and campus interview. I submit my resume in career fair and get notification of interview on the next day. The interviewer first asked me some questions on my resume and then asked me a technical question

Interview Questions
    • something related to my resume. like how this project works   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

The recruiter was excellent and quickly scheduled the first interview, but the manager seemed too busy and unprepared for the interview. When asked about development processes, make sure you show how flexible you are. They aren't looking for candidates who follow a strict SDLC; they want someone who can deal with less structure.