Facebook

1,073 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Tester Interview

QA Tester

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Short and succint

Interview Question – How do you derive a test automation without generic data?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in October 2010.

Interview Details – Going through the phone interview and in person interviews went very well. The disappointing part was they offered me the contract job but then cancelled the requisition and just distributed the work between the other employees while the employee was on maternity leave.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Devops Engineer

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – Did a coding challenge with them over the phone and the interviewer cut me off before I could finish but did not mention there was a time limit.

Interview Question – They had me use standard input to parse two different sets of csv files. You had to use the top line to distinguish which input it was and merge the two data sets together.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

User Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – A 30 mins written test, containing 2 essay questions. 400 words minimum

Interview Question – Try you best to type as fast as possible.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went to a career fair, and drop my resume at the Facebook's Booth, I received an email from the recruiter saying that my CV was a good one. The email, gave me the steps I would have need to go through to the following day it was actually a small preparation from Facebook before the actual interview.

Interview Question – I was asked to imagine a problem I see in the product of my choice   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter and send me an invitation to solve the programming puzzle online. After it, I received the mail from recruiter and set up a technical phone interview.

Interview Question – 2SUM problem and how to optimize it.   View Answers (3)

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter in early 2014. I was set up with an engineer for a phone interview. The first few questions were about my resume, simple stuff about projects I've worked on and prior experience. Then I was asked two technical questions, one about recursion and one about trees. I fully solved and optimized the tree problem but struggled a bit with the recursive problem. Overall it wasn't too difficult but make sure you prepare well before going in!

Interview Question – A recursive problem involving how many combinations you can make out of a set of numbers. Know your data structures, the problem used both hash tables and lists.   View Answer

Internet Marketing Analyst Interview

Internet Marketing Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1 interview with recruiter, 1 interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell me one thing you'd want to improve about Facebook's online marketing capabilities   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Front-end Software Engineer Interview

Front-end Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter asked specific javascript trivia questions on first phone call, which I was not prepared for.

Interview Question – Difference between == and === javascript   View Answer

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me from LinkedIn profile and got me first round of interviews in NYC office

Interview Question – How do you find the kth smallest number in a binary search tree.   View Answers (3)