Facebook

Updated Jan 22, 2015
1,280 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern - Monthly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

I'm a PhD student interested in doing a research-oriented internship. Got referred by a Facebook employee whom I met at a research conference. Had two 45-minute coding interviews and one 45-minute team matching interview. The first two coding interviews are standard for all Facebook software engineer interns. The last interview was mainly about assessing my research background, discussing potential projects, and estimating cultural fit. Even though the role is research-oriented, Facebook seems to like people who are technical, hands-on, and good at learning new things. Overall, the people I interviewed with were extremely nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions was very difficult. Very standard coding questions.   Answer Question
    Had a competing offer with equivalent compensation but did not negotiate.

Front End Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

The process was very quick and efficient, and took about 4 weeks, as far as I remember.

The recruiter (Facebook's own employee) was very good, kept me updated on the process throughout the different interviews etc. The same for the phone interviews, they really know their stuff.

The on-site interviewers were friendly, engaged in the interviews (except one, she was working on her laptop during the session) and they want you to succeed, it definitely feels like they are on your side.

The entire interview process was a very positive experience. I might apply again another time.

Interview Questions
    • I struggled with the whiteboard coding part of the interview. You need to be good at working with algorithms, something I haven't really worked with on that level in my +20 years of coding experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer,/Co-op Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

I applied via the Facebook University site in mid-October. In mid-November, I received an email (which was automatically sent to my spam folder) that Facebook would like to move forward with an interview. I sent an updated resume, the responses to a short questionnaire, and had a first round interview scheduled for mid-December.

The first round interview was straightforward. About two minutes past the designated time, I received a call from a Palo Alto phone number. I had a nice, easy to understand interviewer who asked me to write a function which, given a tree node, printed all routes to the leaves. I then was asked about space and algorithmic complexity. Since I finished this problem quickly, she gave a second: create a function which given a two dimensional array prints the diagonals. In other words, if given [[1,2,3],[4,5,6]], the function would print 1 2 4 3 5 6.

I then had a few minutes to ask questions about the company. I was told to expect to hear from my recruiter within five days.

Fifty minutes later, I got an excited email from my recruiter telling me I had been selected for a second round interview. It was scheduled for the day after my last finals.

Again, about two minutes after the agreed upon time, I received a call from another Palo Alto phone number. Another very kind, easy to understand lady. We talked about my resume for about ten minutes (note this was the first person to discuss my experience) and then jumped into the coding problem.

About a week later, I got an email from my recruiter informing me that Facebook would no longer be considering me for an opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function which, given two ASCII strings, determines if they are anagrams. Then, give algorithmic and space complexity.   View Answers (2)

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

The first round interview came from an recruiter who works in Facebook, she asked me 8 prepared optional question, which I think list on a paper. 5 correct answers make you pass this round interview. The second round interview is technical phone interview, the process divide into two parts, the first part is about your project experience, a coding test in the second part. Question is not difficult, but require bug-free and efficient

Interview Questions
    • The coding test, require bug-free and has requirement at both time complexity and space.   Answer Question

Public Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

Interview lasted about 40minutes and consisted of a 1:1 in a small room in these big chairs. Very informal setting but make sure your posture is correct in those chairs as it can be a bit awkward which you may come off awkward as well. Pretty straight forward interview. At the end you will be asked to do a little written test thats timed. They ask pretty much how you would go about communicating to a facebook member about a problem. You have 5minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook.

Implement an asked simple function in an empty paper. Each type of variables (ex. int, double) and using conditional / iterative statement had to be chosen carefully to avoid a single mistake.
    Then typical personal questions came after the code interview.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

The interview was pretty straight forward. First phone interview was with the recruiter who reached out to me. Then, an onsite interview and although they said, they might have a follow-up interview, they called me the next day and said they'll be making an offer. The offer numbers came in very quickly thereafter. The entire process (from first recruiter contact to offer acceptance) took less than two weeks!

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't out of the ordinary but were well-thought out. I met with 4 interviewers (30 mins each).   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

I had applied for a Rotational Product Manager position through a employee referral. The recruiter was pretty quick in getting back to me. The first call was with the recruiter and the questions were pretty basic - tell me something about yourself, why Facebook etc. She also asked me which products in Facebook would I like to work on and if there is anything I would like to change in any of the products. At the end of the call she said she would set up a phone interview and told me that the interview would be "Product Sense" interview. More of how to design a product and what choices I would make in the process.
    The phone interview was 45 mins. The first 10 mins was more of introductions. The question was - how would you improve Facebook birthdays, and the follow up questions included what metrics would you use to measure the successful launch of your product, how would you prioritize your features.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview. ask one project, and why want to work in facebook. Then ask two coding question. The first one is implement strstr(), and follow up is how to speed it up. The second question is 3 sum, and the element can be duplicated. Follow up is how to speed it up.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer ask me how to optimize the strstr() brute force method, and I said we can use KMP algorithm to do it, then he move on, and don't ask me to implement it.   View Answers (2)

Critical Facility Engineer Interview

I had several phone interviews with recruiters and site technicians. When chosen as one of the final group of candidates, I was invited to 6 45 min. interviews in one day. Some were done in person and some video phone.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were of a technical nature pertaining to the position.   Answer Question