Facebook Interview Questions

1,562 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR sent me email to let me choose to interview onsite or through phone.
    I choosed to do it on site. Everything was great, we had good chat at there.

The whole process tooks about 45 minutes in a small room. I was asked to code on a white wall.
    The question was not that hard, but I was too nervous to code it with several obvious bug - although I figure them out by myself.

I got rejected in the next day for no reason. I've heard that they are looking for bugs-free programmer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

There are two phone screens followed by a day of on-site interviews which consist of technical interviews similar to the phone screens but also one on culture and another on system architecture.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, push all non-zero elements to the front.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online via Facebook web page and after few days I was contacted via recruiter. During HR interview I was asked one coding problem very generic and then as next step a scheduled interview with team member for more coding questions. Time was around 45 minutes for only 1 question whch I answered but not very efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Generate a subset of a known list of objects. This subset should consider all elements randomly. Consider time complexity   2 Answers

Specialist, Community Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

From the time I received my first email after applying online to receiving a phone interview it took a total of three weeks. The first email i received also contained a link to a 30 minute timed writing sample which contained two questions. After I completed that I didn't get a response back until two weeks later when I sent another follow up email.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2015.

Interview

Screened by phone via HR. HR deemed my skillset was good for the job.

A week later I was scheduled to interview via video conference with two employees. One of them was a prospective teammate, the other was a prospective manager. The original interview was slated with a person of a different name. This was changed without notice and another employee joined instead. One interviewer attended on time, the other interviewer joined ten minutes later.

The interview was straight forward. They asked questions revolving around product Q&A and specific cases. The interviewers appeared interested in the answers and typically followed up with questions about my responses. The non-manager seemed to be directing most of the interview.

Finally, they began a few behavioral questions. The questions were pretty cliche. For example: "How would your friends describe you?" was a question. To be honest, this question is a waste of time. The interview went downhill from here.

At the end I asked questions about the culture. The culture in this specific team seems very straight-out-of-college and campy since it's primarily a operations/support role.

At the end, I asked the HR rep if I could send them a thank you note. She said it wasn't allowed.

I got an e-mail the next week saying that they would not be moving forward. I replied to see if any feedback had been given and got no reply.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience, but it's always nice to have some feedback for self-improvement, particularly if you get past the screening part.

Application

Interview

I had three interviews, did well in the first and the third round. Engineers are very friendly, firstly he has asked me some behavioral questions, then 1 or 2 algorithm questions. It is not very easy, I have to come up with the solution in a very short time. Questions are: 1. Rotate LinkedList (Leetcode) 2. Read 4k (Leetcode) 3. Buy and Sell Stock

Interview Questions

• Read 4k on leetcode, they asked me to do this by using C++, but I didn't do well, because I am not familiar with C++   Answer Question

Community Manager, SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a quick phone screen with the recruiter, about 15 minutes, to briefly discuss: the role, my salary expectations, and how I respond to feedback. After that, I spoke with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes to go over the position in more detail and he asked a few questions about my experience. I was then invited for an interview onsite. It lasted for 2 hours and consisted of 4 interviews for 30 minutes each. 3 of them were team members and 1 was a cross-functional team member.

Interview Questions

• The questions ranged from "tell me a time when" to "how would you change our product"   Answer Question

Marketing Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a couple of recruiter phone screens, and then a couple of technical phone screens before going onsite. The interview process was very good until I went there for onsite. The questions asked during phone screens seemed legitimate for the role. Recruiter helped through the process during phone screens. During onsite, almost every interviewer was late. Recruiter seemed not interested during the day. Interview questions weren't deep enough. I answered all the questions to my best. I didn't stumble on any question. I prepared thoroughly on FB products, metrics, probability, and SQL. No questions were asked in these areas during the onsite. It was almost like they decided not to hire before the onsite. The recruiting criteria is not transparent. Recruiter didnt share any feedback after the interview.

Application

Interview

I applied through the careers webpage and was contacted shortly thereafter to complete a timed writing sample. A few days later, I received and email from my recruiter and we scheduled a time to speak over the phone for a screen. After the phone call, he asked me to send over my availability for the coming week, and he explained that I would be advancing in the interview process and speaking with someone on the team. Long story short, I never heard from him again... the scheduling email and all other follow-up emails went unanswered.

The process was, overall, very unprofessional. I completely understand a recruiter's busy schedule, but this seemed to me to be a complete disregard for an applicant's time and energy.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The interviewer was not very helpful and seemed impatient. He was also slightly disinterested/unengaged during the interview process. He was late in calling me and would ramble on a bit about irrelevant experiences from the company, leaving me less time to complete my question. Only got to finish one question and didn't work out that well