Facebook

3.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Very long process to start with after initial application then it was go, go, go!

First interview was over the phone with HR, second interview was with another member of staff, third interview face to face with the person I would have been working for. All of these took place one day after each other.

After the interviews I heard nothing for a month and kept having to chase HR. I was given various excuses as to why they hadn't come back to me. Then I received a call offering me the role but only as month temp assignment until the person who actually got the job could start!

They dangled the carrot of potential work after with a new role that was coming up in the future but I felt as though I was being blackmailed. I was told they needed to know I was serious about working at Facebook as they would normally only employ staff from Google or You Tube. Basically I wouldn't be put forward for the other role unless I went and temped there for a month. The HR member of staff seemed surprised that I wouldn't be prepared to leave a full time job for month of temping!

Completely unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about how I would deal with difficult members of staff, Where would I book a table for Mark Zuckerberg to have lunch   Answer Question

Only offered a months work

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Short talk with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview. Phone interview involved talking about my previous projects, why facebook, was there anything that concerned me about the role, etc. It then involved a coding question which i've detailed below:

Interview Questions
    • Implement a method called printNonComments() which prints out a extract of text with comments removed.

For example, the input:

hello /* this is a
      multi line comment */ all

Should produce:

hello
      all

You have access to a method called getNextLine() which returns the next line in the input string.
        View Answers (2)

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Facebook.

I went through 2 phone interviews and final stage at their offices in Covent Garden. Planning and communication was good, some small delay but hte overall experience was positive.
    The team I met was very nice and thorough good overall experience, nice offices and "cool" atmosphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
    Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
    Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (3)
    • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

They were as friendly as you can imagine and gave me a T-Shirt. I met a kind of famous security guru.

I'm still in the loop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

First interview: 20 minute phone conversation about past experience with a technical recruiter that works for them.

Second interview: 45 minute phone interview, with a PC in front. He gave me some details about the company and gave me one coding challenge.

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview, I was asked to implement LCA in a binary tree (not BST) on collabedit.com. I was close, but not close enough...   View Answers (3)

Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

I saw the role advertised on facebook.com/careers and it looked made for me: my level of experience, exact sector specialisms and working in a team that I had had regular contact with in a previous role.
    I first contacted a few people within Facebook (either my own contacts or through colleagues) to understand more about the role, working at Facebook and the recruitment process. A huge positive for the company is that everyone you speak to at Facebook is amazingly enthusiastic about working there and very keen to pass that enthusiasm on to you.
    I submitted a customised, comprehensive CV and cover letter to my main contact at Facebook who said she would pass it on to the HR lead working on this role.
    Two weeks go by and, fortunately for me, I spent a bit of time prepping for a possible interview (thanks Glassdoor for some great interview question suggestions!)
    After two weeks, I send my contact a chasing email and at 4.30pm that afternoon, a recruitment manager from Facebook emailed to request a half hour phone interview at 6.30 that evening - lucky I'd done some prep already.
    On the phone interview, the lady was initially unsure which role I was interviewing for and had not got my CV or cover letter. She told me that the hiring manager was in London in two days time so we had to move quickly. Oh, and the job description online has now changed - they require someone with different sector specialism and technical product experience. We spent 30 mins talking through my CV, why I wanted to work for Facebook and what I thought I could bring to the role, but it was clear that the goal posts had moved and I was no longer suitable for the role... Surprise surprise, no call back.
    Overall a disappointing experience with a disorganised and unclear process.

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in August 2011.

Lengthy, multiple rounds, focused on a mixture of technical skills and working style. Very fair interview was given ample notice to prepare for it and background information about the interviewers was shared in advance of the interview date. Great at providing feedback after reach stage and was overall a success

Strategic Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in June 2011.

Terrible process, very unclear, had 4 HR points of contact and was given no overview of the actual role. When I came to the second interview with the manager he called me 15 minutes late and was in a hotel lobby it was extremely noisy, he seemed distracted and uninterested. I was told I would hear back in a week, I heard nothing, waited and waited heard nothing, so e-mailed after 3 weeks and nothing returned, e-mailed 2 weeks later and got an out of office that she had left. I then did not follow up. But terrible from the recruiters and really put me off them.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in January 2009.

Initially, I was dealt with by a fantastic recruiter in Palo Alto, who walked me through the process, and asked me probing questions to ensure I was applying to Facebook for the right reasons. I then went through an arduous process of multiple interviews over 6 months, which meant by the end of the process, I hadn't actually learnt a huge amount about the company, but they'd learnt a lot about me. After 6 months, they deferred my application, and put me on hold. Eventually, I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical was asked as I was a graduate at the time.   Answer Question