Facebook

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview: Was called one day after submitting my resume. Very nice, recruiter but new very little about the actual position which made it difficult for me to show my value. She appeared to be very excited about my interest through multiple emails but did not hear back.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any. Job is still posted   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – A friend referred me for the role, and the recruiter was quick to follow up with phone interviews and on-site interviews.

Interview Question – No curve balls.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2011.

Interview Details – Hands down the best most thorough interview process around. While the process varies from person to person and role to role, I experienced multiple rounds of phone screens, six onsite interviews, and a "hack" assignment. The process moved really quickly and they were keen on letting me know next to immediately that they were going to make me an offer.

Interview Question – The unexpected part of the interview process was the take home "hack" that I then had to submit back to the team for review.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Menlo Park, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

Interview Details – Probably my mistake for not doing my research. I was expecting the position to be a senior level position in the Marketing domain. However it appears they were looking for an individual contributor. After applying for the job when HR arranged a phone interview, I had all my charts and processes ready to talk about role of social media marketing and improving marketing effectiveness but the interviewer started asking me about coin toss probabilities. I was asked two question both turned out to be trivia questions. Now working in marketing analytics for over 10 years and spending 60 hours a week helping companies improve their marketing ROI, i clearly didn't see this coming. I didnt want to play along with this so told the interviewer while I can attempt to solve the permutation/combination questions I was not interested and rather look at the business side of the decision. At one point I felt like telling the interviewer to stop so that I could get back to my work. With my busy schedule, it was a tough ask for me to get 30 minutes for this conversation, wasting it like this was n't a smart move. Lesson learnt, I will be more careful next time around before applying and not apply just because I want to jump on Facebook so some other flavor of the month bandwagon.

Interview Question – Questions on probability and expected return.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Facebook in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied online to Facebook through their site mid-July. However, only after I had applied and was interested in another position one week later, I was not able - exclusively because I had applied to another position previously. That was strike one.

I was contacted in early August for a position at Facebook. I was asked to submit a lengthy evaluation, composing a mock response letter about fraud. Another two or three weeks later, a phone interview was scheduled. Still, the recruiter sent an e-mail at the time of the phone interview to reschedule for later in the afternoon. Later in the afternoon, the recruiter called late without apologizing for wasting prospective employees' time. The interview ran long, too. No hints during or after the initial phone interview concerning the next interview processes either.

Over one week later, moving now into early September, a different recruiter was supposed to schedule an on-site visit to the Austin office. Never was told when or where to show up. Instead, I was contacted two days after I was supposed to have the on-site for yet another phone interview. In the confirmation e-mail, I was informed the recruiter would be from the Austin office. Nevertheless, when I asked on the phone specific questions about the office, I was told this recruiter was in California and had hardly an idea about the office. Still, the recruiter was very interested in me and wanted to continue the process. I followed up about one week later about the status of the next process and received no response. Again, another week later I called and received no return call. I was extended an offer by another company and pretty much forgot about Facebook.

...

Until now...two months later.

...

Now into November, I received a random e-mail from the first recruiter, whom I have not spoken to in over two and a half months. The note was the following:
"Thanks for your interest in working at Facebook and apologies for the delay on getting back to you. We’re always on the lookout for the best talent and although we’re interested in your skills and background, it's not quite a fit for the positions that we have open right now."

It is absolutely unacceptable for a company to wait over two months to send any correspondence about a recruiting decision. All in all, Facebook's recruiting process extremely unprofessional and inappropriate. It is unfortunate to see a prospering company not properly investing in the future of their company for the long-term.

Strikes against Facebook:
5. Absurdly lengthy recruiting timelines
6. Disrespectful, unprofessional, and inappropriate approach to interviews

Interview Question – Who are Facebook's competition?   View Answer

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen and 6 face-to-face interviews. The interview mostly behavioral. They asked me questions like: How will you prioritize tasks? Why Facebook? There were some questions where they tested my knowledge about some technical concepts. I thought that the interview went off well, but was not offered the job.

Interview Question – what are the key insights that you have taken away in your last few years working?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewer and atmosphere appeared to be 'too cool for school.' The interviewer stressed the 'awesome' benefits like going out for drinks every week. Even mentioned a recent beer pong tournament. Felt very unprofessional. I tried to gather details about the actual job, but the interviewer was unhelpful and didn't have specific department goals.

Interview Question – What strategies for attracting new business would you apply in order to gain new accounts?   Answer Question

Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in November 2010.

Interview Details – Got interview through an employee referral. Hiring manager emailed and scheduled interview herself. Pretty standard questions regarding my experience, skill set and online advertising. At the end of the interview, she suggested that she would send me a 'small project' to complete in order to get a sense of my capabilities. I agreed but never received anything from her. Followed up after a week or so, still no response.

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in March 2010.

Interview Details – Received an email asking for a phone interview and scheduled a time. Phone interview was fairly standard - mostly discussing my resume. Tips: if interviewing for a marketing position, prepare some marketing ideas as well as some comments/thoughts on improvements for the site. Interviewer was polite and friendly, overall the interview went for about 30mins.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve on the site?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager about an issue, and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!