Facebook

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.2

140 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. He was overly enthusiastic and was over selling FB!

I didn't have a phone interview. It was in person with a couple of product managers.

Recruiter walked me through the campus and talked about how great FB is. Then walked me into a tiny little conference room with a table and 2 chairs. The room was very small and uncomfortable. Felt very suffocated.

I interviewed with 2 product managers.

Questions were in the area of growth and analytics. Not hard but it helps to understand their POV because they are looking to understand how you answer the questions vs what your answer is.

I got the sense that they like to hire people in their 20s. I also learned from the recruiter that there aren't any women in Product Management. Seems like its a boys club and tough to get through !

I was very disappointed by the tone of the interview and overall both interviewers were full of themselves.

Interview Questions
    • What are the analytics you will track to increase usage?   View Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

FB is very efficient in hiring. The HR first sent some regular questions for me to answer, including the time to start working and so on, and then arranged the phone interview directly. On the same day of my phone interview, she arranged for onsite interviews. I was impressed with how efficient they are.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not extremely difficult, but I can tell they want people who understand the most basic concepts really well and can code clean and bug-free at once or after a little bit hints. The design questions were challenging though. Be prepared for that.
      The interview questions include two sum, reverse integer, edit distance, clone graph, etc.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Was referred by an employee working at Facebook. Was paired with a HR guy who facilitated the process via email. Did a phone interview with an engineer about a week after first contact. Did the technical interview and was told I would get a decision within the week. Didn't get a response after trying to follow up so I took it as a no.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. The technical question had something to do with rearranging letters in a word, can't remember the details anymore.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Contacted me over email after submitting to Facebook U. I had an interview with an engineer a month after I submitted my resume. The recruiter was very friendly and kind throughout the entire process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

I was hired when we were a start-up. Have been interviewing for years though with new candidates. Process is normal: Phone Screen with HR, than a principle in the forthcoming loop. If the candidate does well in those they get a full interview. 5-7 people interviewing for Technical, problem solving, organization, creativity and culture fit. If that passes a candidate may get 1 or 2 more interviews for clarity on final concerns. than an offer. Process takes about 3 weeks unless there is serious competition for the position than more....

Interview Questions
    • Describe something in your career that was a complete failure.... what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    mostly around equity as that is usually the most adjustable element in a negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by an employee and immediately got in contact with a recruiter. It was because it was close to Thanksgiving/Christmas, so the process was relatively slow. It took ~3 weeks to schedule the first phone interview.

The person I spoke to was quite friendly. Similar to other experiences listed here, instead of asking clarifying questions, they tend to ask the same question multiple times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

Had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by an on-site interview with 2 PMs.
    The on-site included 1 vision interview and 1 product analysis interview.

The vision interview was surprisingly broad, exploring other industries which was quite fun.

Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Case study of a problem with the FB app: how would you solve a specific issue with the app?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook.

I had a screening interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with someone currently in the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Facebook feature? What would you do to improve it?   Answer Question