Facebook

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Interview Details – FB is very efficient in hiring. The HR first sent some regular questions for me to answer, including the time to start working and so on, and then arranged the phone interview directly. On the same day of my phone interview, she arranged for onsite interviews. I was impressed with how efficient they are.

Interview Question – The interview questions were not extremely difficult, but I can tell they want people who understand the most basic concepts really well and can code clean and bug-free at once or after a little bit hints. The design questions were challenging though. Be prepared for that.
The interview questions include two sum, reverse integer, edit distance, clone graph, etc.
  Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Interview Question – Produce a histogram using a SQL query.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee working at Facebook. Was paired with a HR guy who facilitated the process via email. Did a phone interview with an engineer about a week after first contact. Did the technical interview and was told I would get a decision within the week. Didn't get a response after trying to follow up so I took it as a no.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty straightforward. The technical question had something to do with rearranging letters in a word, can't remember the details anymore.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted me over email after submitting to Facebook U. I had an interview with an engineer a month after I submitted my resume. The recruiter was very friendly and kind throughout the entire process.

Interview Question – Fibonacci: recursive and iterative.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:

Interview Question – Not to difficult, but not well prepared   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in October 2010.

Interview Details – Going through the phone interview and in person interviews went very well. The disappointing part was they offered me the contract job but then cancelled the requisition and just distributed the work between the other employees while the employee was on maternity leave.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

User Operations Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quick and lasted about 3 weeks. On campus interview, then on site interview at HQ. On site interview started with a tour then sometime to mingle with employees. At the time I didn't realize but the mingling was an informal interview. After lunch, we were placed in a room and 3 different people rotated to interview all of us. Mostly the same questions over and over. It was long. Questions sometimes were poorly worded or unclear. Interview processed seemed to be a lot about how you would fit in to the culture in addition to identifying if you have the right skills.

Interview Question – Tough questions about opportunities with the product and how to improve user experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was hired when we were a start-up. Have been interviewing for years though with new candidates. Process is normal: Phone Screen with HR, than a principle in the forthcoming loop. If the candidate does well in those they get a full interview. 5-7 people interviewing for Technical, problem solving, organization, creativity and culture fit. If that passes a candidate may get 1 or 2 more interviews for clarity on final concerns. than an offer. Process takes about 3 weeks unless there is serious competition for the position than more....

Interview Question – Describe something in your career that was a complete failure.... what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – mostly around equity as that is usually the most adjustable element in a negotiation

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee and immediately got in contact with a recruiter. It was because it was close to Thanksgiving/Christmas, so the process was relatively slow. It took ~3 weeks to schedule the first phone interview.

The person I spoke to was quite friendly. Similar to other experiences listed here, instead of asking clarifying questions, they tend to ask the same question multiple times.

Interview Question – How would you judge the benefits of a feature?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position from a previous interview at another company. They were looking to fill the position relatively quickly. I had a phone interview with two people in the department, then had in person interview with three people in the department.

Interview Question – I was asked my opinion of NPS, or Net Promoter Score. I was not familiar with the metric at the time, which made it a more difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the rate, I was happy with the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook interview questions and advice in Palo Alto, CA. All 139 interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.