Facebook Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.2

Quantitative User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I first had a brief screen with a recruiter. After that, I had two separate video interviews with user experience researchers. After passing these, I was scheduled for an onsite interview. They sent me an exercise 3 days in advance of the interview. I was told to prepare a 30 min presentation on the exercise. This was presented first thing during the onsite interview, to 4 people from the team. I then interviewed with each of those team members.

The process was quick - I got responses the next day for almost all interviews. The recruiters were great and helpful, and the researchers were very nice, interesting, and fun to talk to. Unfortunately I did not make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Facebook in 5 years from now?
      Give an example of when you showed entrepreneurial spirit.

Pick a user experience problem on Facebook that is relevant to FB's mission and propose a research plan.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR sent me email to let me choose to interview onsite or through phone.
    I choosed to do it on site. Everything was great, we had good chat at there.

The whole process tooks about 45 minutes in a small room. I was asked to code on a white wall.
    The question was not that hard, but I was too nervous to code it with several obvious bug - although I figure them out by myself.

I got rejected in the next day for no reason. I've heard that they are looking for bugs-free programmer.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got contacted through LinkedIn. Did an in person interview which went very u well and was invited to California for a full interview loop. I feel the questions they ask are not particularly hard except for the design question (it was called a Pirate interview). In the future would concentrate on that one

Interview Questions

• Implement regular expression parser   1 Answer
    • Clone a linked list with arbitrary pointers to other nodes   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a technical person who is working on my interest area. And after some basic information emails, I was appointmented at a Thursday. They are using some web coding pages, then I joined that chat, the interviewer showed me a problem of coding. That problem was about tree, I didn't have much experience on trees so I asked him to change for some other questions. Finally I got an array question, but I didn't answer it wisely. Thus I got the rejection just the next day, their response time is really short.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array, find the emergence of given number.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. He was overly enthusiastic and was over selling FB!

I didn't have a phone interview. It was in person with a couple of product managers.

Recruiter walked me through the campus and talked about how great FB is. Then walked me into a tiny little conference room with a table and 2 chairs. The room was very small and uncomfortable. Felt very suffocated.

I interviewed with 2 product managers.

Questions were in the area of growth and analytics. Not hard but it helps to understand their POV because they are looking to understand how you answer the questions vs what your answer is.

I got the sense that they like to hire people in their 20s. I also learned from the recruiter that there aren't any women in Product Management. Seems like its a boys club and tough to get through !

I was very disappointed by the tone of the interview and overall both interviewers were full of themselves.

Interview Questions

• What are the analytics you will track to increase usage?   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter, and went to Palo Alto for an on campus technical interview. Took about 90 minutes doing whiteboard code and talking through some hypothetical experiments. Interviewer did not ask ANY questions about the type of work I currently do, projects I have done etc. Didn't seem interested in anything other than checking the boxes on the form. Seemed more like an interrogation than a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Design an experiment to test whether a feature spurs conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter regarding a software engineer position. I said I was interested in knowing about this position. We set up some time to talk about it on the phone. She then explained me the role and the interview process. I scheduled the phone screen to begin the process. My interview went good in general however I was not selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Find a cube root of a number   1 Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

FB is very efficient in hiring. The HR first sent some regular questions for me to answer, including the time to start working and so on, and then arranged the phone interview directly. On the same day of my phone interview, she arranged for onsite interviews. I was impressed with how efficient they are.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not extremely difficult, but I can tell they want people who understand the most basic concepts really well and can code clean and bug-free at once or after a little bit hints. The design questions were challenging though. Be prepared for that.
      The interview questions include two sum, reverse integer, edit distance, clone graph, etc.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions: