Facebook Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

3.2

139 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2011.

First call with a recruiter with basic questions on my experience, interest in Facebook, and what I was looking for in a position.

Second call with a Product Designer from Facebook where I introduced myself and what I was doing now. He asked some product strategy questions like "Should Facebook continue to add features or rely on 3rd party apps?".

At no time did anyone look at my design work or ask me about product design decisions or process. I interviewed at another company that gave me the chance to remotely present my design work in the screening process and then flew me in for a round of in-person interviews.

I came away wondering if Facebook lacks strong UX management as no part of the interview process focused on Product Design, design process, or product impact.

Interview Questions
    • Should Facebook continue to add features or rely on 3rd party apps?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

Had a phone screen with the recruiter followed by an on-site interview with 2 PMs.
    The on-site included 1 vision interview and 1 product analysis interview.

The vision interview was surprisingly broad, exploring other industries which was quite fun.

Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Case study of a problem with the FB app: how would you solve a specific issue with the app?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook.

I had a screening interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with someone currently in the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Facebook feature? What would you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook in July 2011.

Phone screen, Excel test, phone interview, skype interviews, 30 page assignment, flew out for on-site interviews, more phone interviews, flew out again for on-site interviews.

They put me through the ringer before they hired me. But the questions were relevant and the people I met were great. This was back in their Palo Alto offices though.

Interview Questions
    • Pre-IPO, they asked me to write a paper on the valuation of Facebook. They also asked me what I thought the greatest technological advancement was in the past 20 years.   Answer Question
    They sold me on the equity. I didn't negotiate.

Marketing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in August 2012.

I was emailed out of the blue from a recruiter who saw my resume online. He was really nice and motivating about the impact of the job. Then i was scheduled for a phone screen. The interviewer showed up late and then rushed through very high level questions. It was almost as if they didn't know what questions to ask. I was then flown out to their HQ in Palo Alto...it was the most disorganized and hectic onsite I've ever been on. First, my second interviewer was a no show since he was out of the country. Seriously? You didn't know the interviewer would be in Europe for my onsite? Then, they kept me through lunch but didn't feed me anything - which is rude. Either don't interview through lunch or take the candidate out for an informal. Otherwise, they get queasy and hungry, like I did.

So, after all the onsite interviewing, they told me it looked really good and that I should hear back from them within 2 days. An offer was imminent.

However, in 2 days, they told me they wanted to look at other candidates and then proceeded to jerk me around for 2 weeks. The hiring mgr even called me to do a follow up interview (even through he'd already grilled me in person). It's like they didn't know what they wanted or how to go about a professional recruiting regime.

Finally, they made me an offer and acted like they were focused only on me from the beginning. Their tune changed and I found it to be disingenuous. Also, the offer compensation was insulting. Esp for an expensive place like Palo Alto. I was also interviewing with another large tech company that made me an offer and beat Facebook's offer by 30%. Now, looking back on it, this was a fantastic decision and no regrets. Their stock price has bottomed out and that was a large part of my compensation. Also, the company is so flat that the opportunities for career growth were nonexistent.

Interview Questions
    • Signed NDA so can't disclose. But, the questions were high level and scattered. There wasn't a clear theme on the loop - it was as if everyone scrambled to put some questions down 10 minutes before the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

After a phone interview from the recruiter, I had a rather easy Skype technical interview (3 algorithmic questions, answered all of them correctly). Within 2 weeks I was informed that I was approved for an onsite interview in Palo Alto HQ. There I had 4 consecutive interviews (Ninja, Pirate, Jedi, Ninja). Ninja interviews require coding in board practice - quite difficult since if you answer correctly in one of them they ask something else. Jedi was related to my PhD. Pirate was the most difficult one as there were no right/wrong answer and questions were related to database design and overall Facebook feature design. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. In overall, a great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2010.

First, 3 phone screens. Talk about your previous work and interested, then solve algorithmic problems. They are usually not very hard. After that, onsite with ~5 interviews of the similar type.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2011.

Sourced through a friend who works there, really good communication and speed.

I totally bombed an initial on-site but then was able to get another one. Studied up for it, did a lot better and then went on-site for a full day.

Got to meet a lot of awesome engineers, guess I did okay since I got an offer and it was the best day of my life!

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2011.

A recruiter contacted me after a mutual friend gave them my resume. They were aware that I had a pending offer that I had to make a decision on, and were very good about moving the process along as quickly as possible.

I lived nearby, so I did two on-site interviews initially. After completely bombing one of them but doing well on the other I was brought in a little bit later for the full interview. I had about 5 people interview me. Afterwards they were still unsure so I had a couple phone interviews/conversations.

The recruiter did a great job of keeping me up-to-date about what was happening, was very honest with me, and was able to rush to get me an offer (which was especially nice because it was almost Christmas at the time)

Interview Questions
    • Many of the interviews focus on coding exercises. It can be very hard to write code on a whiteboard with someone watching you. People are right about it being a good idea to practice writing on a whiteboard on your own first.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Suuprt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in November 2010.

I was shocked that they even hired me because it was the shortest interview I'd ever had. I told the agency that I didn't think they liked me since they spent so little time with me. Literally fifteen minutes with one person and then fifteen with another. The job that they told me I would be doing, was not at all what they asked of me.

Interview Questions
    • Really nothing, because they asked me very little.   View Answer
    They actually offered me more money than they originally had, without me asking for it.