Facebook

Updated Oct 13, 2014

3.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Was contacted by a recruiter after I applied online. Very prompt recruiter with excellent turnaround time. After one telephonic interview with the hiring manager, I was called onsite for a set of 4 interviews with hiring manager, the head of department, one colleague and one more person.

Great set of interviews and very smart conversations. Questions were centered around the industry, how will I add value. Questions probing past experience and how that can be applied to the new role. I would suggest to do some good research about all Facebook products as that really helps.

I was contacted after the onsite to have a final video call with some colleagues but I had two offers in hand, so I said no. My choice was dictated also by my personal situation else I would have definitely considered Facebook as my first choice.

Interview Questions
  • How would you tackle a client situation with Facebook products   Answer Question

Had two other offers in hand

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in February 2013.

The recruiter reached out to me by email after seeing my resume on LinkedIn and finding my resume on FB's database - previous internal referral. We scheduled a call and had a brief conversation about the position and about Facebook. I was very interested in the position - Platform PMM - and decided to go on-campus to interview with the PMM team.

When I got to the FB campus I was greeted by the recruiter, who showed me around the campus. I was pretty impressed. Cool graffiti painted walls, all open space, multiple eating and dining areas, open bars in each building. Then I met with the interviewers, two PMM's who made me feel comfortable from the beginning. I had two half hour interviews focused on:
    - Their hiring needs: organizational needs, positions they were hiring for and what those positions entailed.
    - My professional experience: they asked a couple of questions about what I do and about some of the steps I took in my career.
    - Case study / brainstorming product improvements. We focused specifically Facebook Login and App Install Ads. This was the most challenging part and the most interesting as well. Even though I prepared a lot for the interview, I guess I did not do as well as I thought. :)

Overall, the whole process took about two weeks. I believe I would fit with the culture and could see myself working with the interviewers. Unfortunately I did not pass to the next round, but had a great time!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to improve the FB Login product (Platform side)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2009.

The interview process can seem disorganized - probably because they interview so many people it's hard to keep track of the schedule. I had 2 phone interviews, both with Product Marketing Managers. They asked questions you would expect: Why do you want to work at FB? What do you want to work on at FB? What's your favorite FB app and why? How would you improve your favorite application?
    After passing the phone interviews, they brought me out for an on-site interview. I met with 3 PMMs - one interviewer was late and there was general confusion about the interview schedule. But in general, every one was very nice. The work environment is open, casual, and dynamic. Every one seems genuinely happy to be there. One word of advice: there aren't any tough interview questions to help separate you from the pack, so I think you need to be prepared to step it up during the interview and impress them on your own. Clearly, I didn't receive an offer so this is just my guess.

Interview Questions
    • How would you market X feature to the application developers, given you have limited time/resources?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Started with email appointment to call. Then call lasted about 10 mins asking if I knew which job I'm applying, why I wanna the job and what I can do to make it better.