Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

I think some parts of Facebook recruitment is questionable. For a PM role they ask technical questions that are not relevant info that ANY PM can get from the project team, Like system architect, etc. IF a company does not have smart SME for a PM to leverage then something is wrong. Either Facebook asks stupid interview question to reject candidates to they can justify to the government that they need H1 visa for folks from India since they could not get the right person in USA, OR they are discriminating with age by weeding out older candidates with dumb questions. I can GUARANTEE you if you ask some very basic physics or science questions from high school to FB CEO or R&D director he will fail BEST hiring manager DONT ask technical questions, they know what they can do with the right candidate just by speaking with them. Stop discriminating and stop using silly interview tactics.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Facebook.

Interview

Applied through company portal. Contacted for initial recruiter screening, followed within 48 hours a phone screen with the hiring manger. After the a few days was invited to Menlo Park of an on-site interview loop. On-site I had 7 separate 45 minute interviews discussing my background and Facebook's current position and troubled areas. First interview was with the step-manager and final was a cultural fit interview. About one week after the loop had a follow up meeting with the hiring manager to close out open questions after which was advised that I would be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected or difficult. I have experienced several loops of this nature in the past and it followed a similar process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Longer than I hoped. I was already working for a competitor and therefore the recruiter had to find the balance with what I was already making with available budget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a really positive overall experience during the interview and hiring process. My recruiter and hiring manager were so good at communicating next steps and they would follow up weekly to let me know where the team was at in the process. I had an initial phone interview, then fly out for an onsite interview in Menlo Park which was back to back interviews with four or five people, and then I had one last phone interview a few weeks later. The team I joined all emailed me when I accepted the offer congratulating me and welcoming me to the team, pretty awesome gesture and warm Facebook welcome. It really helped assure me I had made the right choice.

Interview Questions

• There isn't one question that stands out as most difficult. For me, it was more about discussing my experience and skills and figuring out if there was a good fit overall.   1 Answer