Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.4

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

Incredibly exhausting single-day set of product interviews (with six people) starting at 9am and ending around 5pm. Extremely smart people and I really enjoyed the conversations. They give product managers a lot of responsibility.

Interview Questions
    • Run of the mill questions about engineering and wireframing. Had to talk about projecting the future.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

1- submitted my resume through a friend for a couple different positions
    2- phone screen with a recruiter
    3- brought on for onsite. 5 thirty minute interviews.
    4- offer extended a couple hours after the interview ended.

Overall was a quick process. Everyone communicated well; I was impressed.

Public Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Facebook in December 2014.

Interview lasted about 40minutes and consisted of a 1:1 in a small room in these big chairs. Very informal setting but make sure your posture is correct in those chairs as it can be a bit awkward which you may come off awkward as well. Pretty straight forward interview. At the end you will be asked to do a little written test thats timed. They ask pretty much how you would go about communicating to a facebook member about a problem. You have 5minutes.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Gave resume to recruiter on campus, was set aside for a Front End position given experiences on resume. Contacted later by the Front End recruiter. Did a mostly behavioral phone interview, a coding challenge, another phone interview, then on-sites.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were easier than expected...pretty much basic algorithm questions in JS with some HTML/CSS mixed in   View Answer
    The package was generous; didn't feel like negotiating for internship salary. I'll probably negotiate if offered full-time. Free food and housing made the overall comp higher than other offers I received.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

The interview was pretty straight forward. First phone interview was with the recruiter who reached out to me. Then, an onsite interview and although they said, they might have a follow-up interview, they called me the next day and said they'll be making an offer. The offer numbers came in very quickly thereafter. The entire process (from first recruiter contact to offer acceptance) took less than two weeks!

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't out of the ordinary but were well-thought out. I met with 4 interviewers (30 mins each).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

The whole process was very fast.

I have applied through the web site and got reply on a same day.

1. Screening with recruiter (15-20 mins)
    2. Phone interview with an engineer (45 mins)
    3. Onsite interview with 4 people (2 coding, 1 system design, 1 culture fit + coding)

Interview Questions
    • I found system design question more difficult than others as I had no experience in designing large scalable systems.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Facebook came to my campus career fair where I turned in my resume. I had an onsite interview in New York which went well. It was completely a technical interview with only programming. I was asked 2 questions - the first was a simple reverse a signed integer, the second was a harder pattern matching problem that could be solved using a prefix tree.

I was invited to a second on-site interview in Menlo Park. It was a long flight across the country and in hindsight totally not worth the time wasted - I skipped classes and turned in homework late as a result. The on-site was awful. My interviewer showed up late and then proceeded to ask me a very simple question about printing the paths to nodes in a binary tree. Coded it up with some minor corrections (since I was white boarding and you miss some stuff when you're face is glued to a wall). He then extended the question but cut me off because we ran out of time (this was completely his fault since he showed up a good 15 minutes late).

They proceeded to give me a tour of the campus and talk with current engineers. It would have been fun if it hadn't been for the bad interview. Overall, I got the feeling that they're a large company and are definitely not as agile as they were a couple of years ago. Engineers were very complacent and talked more about their great perks than personal growth.

In the end, I think I got caught in the interview anti-loop and had some poor luck. Promptly rejected. I really wish I hadn't wasted 48 hours flying for that sad excuse of an interview.

Interview Questions
    • The pattern matching question in my 1st interview was reasonably tricky, but the interview did a fantastic job of giving me the right clues to help me solve it on my own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Contacted Facebook University recruiter with my CV and sent in a form specifying where I wanted to work/ what I wanted to do at Facebook. I was scheduled an interview for late in the evening due to the time difference with California. Initially asked a number of questions on my CV and the projects I had worked on. Then moved onto technical coding question using online coding tool. This was a hard recursive question which I was unable to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to write a function that would return all the possible words generated when using a phone numpad to type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

interviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Did three rounds of interviews.
    First round: design a system to detect homeworking copying, which means input two strings and a integer K, if there is a common substring of them have length larger than K, return true, else return false.
    Second round: nearly all behavior questions. In the last five minutes, asked me to code up a linked list reverse function
    Third round: build a dictionary trie and implement search function, mainly focusing on the OO designing pattern.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

First round - Interview on campus. 45 minutes long. Half of the interview is your typical questions about your resume, what you know about the company, what you do. 2nd half is a coding question given by the interviewer.

2nd round - Pick your choice of location and do an interview there. I chose Menlo Park. Day consists of 4 interviews in the morning and a tour & culture overview in the afternoon. Of the 4 interviews 2 were almost purely coding questions. 1 was half and half. 1 was purely behavioral. Each interview lasts 45-50 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change something about Faceboook what would it be?   Answer Question