Facebook Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 30, 2014

3.5

235 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I spoke to an engineer at a university career fair and gave them my resume. I was contacted the next day for an on-campus 45-minute interview. The interviewer was nice and got straight to the technical questions. He asked two. The first was easy, and I spent the rest of the time on the second. He gave me hints as I struggled along.

I was told we would receive feedback in the next week. I got an email a week later about flying to their Menlo Park, CA HQ for an on-site interview and tours/talks. The schedule consisted of one 45 minute interview, and the rest of the day was lunch, a tour, and two tech talks. It was very relaxing! The interviewer asked me one technical question and built it up a bit, and then he asked me about the most recent bug I encountered.

It took them three weeks to get back to me, which made me think I didn't get the job, but I got the offer in the end!

They were really nice and really wanted to get to know you as a person, not just whether you know your algorithms. They also really cared about showing their interest in hiring you, which was a plus and not something you get at a lot of big tech companies.

I had a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Given a library of numbers to corresponding letters (1 = a, 2 = b, 3 = c, etc.) and a string made up of digits, return how many different ways those digits can be translated to letters.
      ex: “1111”: “aaaa” “kaa” “aka” “aak” “kk” => 5 different ways
        View Answers (2)
    • Print out the nodes of a binary tree level by level.   Answer Question

User Experience Researcher Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

The process was:
    - A recruiter contacted me by e-mail. Did the first interview with the recruiter by phone.
    - Then two 1 to 1 interviews during a conference (one with a UX researcher and other with a project manager).
    - 1 research exercise (they sent it to me by e-mail and I had 2 days to solve it)
    - Onsite research presentation on Menlo Park (around 6 people watching it and asking questions in the end)

Interview Questions
    • What would be your research strategy to solve a problem that is important to Facebook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in September 2013.

Campus Interview

Interview Questions
    • Convert a binary tree into a circular doubly linked list. The order of the elements in the linked list have to be the order of elements you get when you do an in order traversal of the binary tree.   View Answers (3)

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Facebook in May 2012.

The interview process was really long (over a month). A recruiter first contacted me, and then I had three phone interviews. Each of them were about 30-45 minutes long. The last interview was on-site at Facebook HQ with about eight product designers, and it lasted about four hours total. The entire group reviewed my portfolio work, and then smaller groups of them asked me questions.

Interview Questions
    • During the on-site interview, they asked me how would redesign the features/functionality of a television remote control.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

The whole process took around 6 weeks. I did my first phone screen in beginning of January and had my onsite in February. Involved algorithm and design problems. Not too hard.

It was a very good offer so din't have to negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

I emailed my resume to a Facebook employee who then forwarded my resume to a recruiter. I received an email from Marc in less than 2 days. Marc is a recruiter for admin jobs at FB. He is very professional, kind, very helpful and he was such a pleasure to speak with. We set up a telephone interview in less than a week. Telephone interview was great. Just going over your background, skills and a few typical interview questions. After going over resume/skills etc. I was then told he was going to forward my resume as well as his notes to a hiring manager. Then they go through all the applicants and then decide from there. I was a little nervous so I don't think I did as well. Probably why he suggested I start as a contract worker and eventually converting. (LOL) Anyway, I love that he was straight forward and to the point. Marc explained there were typically 2 rounds of interviews after the phone interview. Sometimes just 1 but it all depends on the team. After the phone interview a hiring manger will contact me for a 2nd interview within a week or two and then see if I go on to the next round where I have an interview with at least two team members. I had a great experience. Even if I don't get another interview, Marc was awesome and glad I was able to connect with him.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in January 2012.

First I was screened by phone, then I was asked to come in an meet with the hiring manager as well as another product manager. I was told upon arrival that day that the hiring manager was out sick and I would only be meeting with the product manager. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions about how I would approach certain problems, but the interviewer wasn't really interested in the approach, he actually wanted the exact answers, and he was gleeful in telling me that he had thought of each of the possibilities I introduced. He seemed more intent on showing his superiority than interviewing and wasn't the type of peer I'd want. Based on the interview, I told the recruiter I wasn't interested in pursuing the role further and I accepted a job at another company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

I received a mail from HR to give my basic information and programming skills. There was no phone interview with HR at all so we arranged technical interview through mail. The interviewer was very nice and polite, so you don't have to be scared at all. It will help you if you stuck.

Interview Questions
    • On my technical interview I was asked questions about time and space complexity, and to implement some simple algorithms. Example - check if string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in June 2012.

I was referred by a friend. Got a phone call within 2 days from a recruiter. An interview was set up with the hiring manager of the team I interviewed for. Standard data structures and algorithms screen. Passed that pretty easily. I had 2 more phone calls and one onsite. Overall pretty pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not that difficult but was asked to compute the number of ways to make change for 100 dollars when an arbitrary coin from the set (5c, 10c, 25c) has to be the smallest amount of change given.   Answer Question

i decided to join a a smaller startup.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter after dropping my resume at the career fair. After 2 phone screens, I was invited to attend a 'University Day' at the Menlo Park office for one onsite interview. Each phone screen is generally about 45 minutes long and consists of 2-3 programming questions to be coded on Collabedit. The recruiter and interviewers were very helpful and extremely organized.

Interview Questions
    • All programming interviews. Mostly questions on recursion, backtracking, trees and graph theory. Be comfortable with data structures too. Questions from Careercup and Glassdoor are helpful for practice.   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer I received and did not negotiate.