Facebook Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3.2

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

FB is very efficient in hiring. The HR first sent some regular questions for me to answer, including the time to start working and so on, and then arranged the phone interview directly. On the same day of my phone interview, she arranged for onsite interviews. I was impressed with how efficient they are.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not extremely difficult, but I can tell they want people who understand the most basic concepts really well and can code clean and bug-free at once or after a little bit hints. The design questions were challenging though. Be prepared for that.
      The interview questions include two sum, reverse integer, edit distance, clone graph, etc.
        Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

I applied online for the position at Facebook and heard back from a recruiter within 48 hours. We scheduled a phone interview for the end of the week which was pretty informal. The role was discussed as well as my background and other similar general questions. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with a member of the team. The interview with the team member consisted on general background questions and some behavioral questions. After my second round interview I was then told I would be flown to Mountain View for a third and final round. I met with 4 interviewers back to back and this interview involved case study questions as well as a lot of ambiguous questions about the future of Facebook which I was not really expecting (esp the case question). I waited about 2 weeks to hear back from the recruiter and was told I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • How many Vacuums are there in the USA?
      How can you spot click fraud?
      How many mail boxes are there in San Francisco?
        Answer Question

Safety Analyst, Community Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook.

I submitted my resume through their website and got an e-mail from HR a few days later asking to set up some time to talk on the phone. Phone screening was brief. Went into more detail about the position and the process as well as a few basic questions (why do you want to work at facebook? why this position? etc). Then I received an e-mail about setting up a time to talk with someone on the team. The interview with a team member was very regimented-as though they were reading a script. Pretty much all behavioral questions. They stuck to the time limit (half hour) very strictly so I felt a bit rushed.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Was referred by an employee working at Facebook. Was paired with a HR guy who facilitated the process via email. Did a phone interview with an engineer about a week after first contact. Did the technical interview and was told I would get a decision within the week. Didn't get a response after trying to follow up so I took it as a no.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. The technical question had something to do with rearranging letters in a word, can't remember the details anymore.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Contacted me over email after submitting to Facebook U. I had an interview with an engineer a month after I submitted my resume. The recruiter was very friendly and kind throughout the entire process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

I was hired when we were a start-up. Have been interviewing for years though with new candidates. Process is normal: Phone Screen with HR, than a principle in the forthcoming loop. If the candidate does well in those they get a full interview. 5-7 people interviewing for Technical, problem solving, organization, creativity and culture fit. If that passes a candidate may get 1 or 2 more interviews for clarity on final concerns. than an offer. Process takes about 3 weeks unless there is serious competition for the position than more....

Interview Questions
    • Describe something in your career that was a complete failure.... what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    mostly around equity as that is usually the most adjustable element in a negotiation

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

My resume was entered into the system by a friend who currently works there, but after a week and no contact, I applied online to a Data Scientist position.

Data scientists at Facebook have a totally separate hiring process from software engineers.

You have an initial phone screen by a data scientist which will focus on your 'analytical ability.' For those of you who (like me) have no idea what that means, it means a tiny bit of coding/scripting in a language of your choice while you work a reasonable, made-up data science scenario. They'll give you pretend access to a pretend database of information, have you write a few queries, give you fake data for your output, and have you debug plausible scenarios for that fake data.

I received word rather quickly (two days later) that I passed the phone screen and would be invited to Mountain View for a day of interviews. I scheduled those interviews for 3 weeks down the line.

Interviews at Mountain View are grueling, not because of their technical difficulty, but rather because of the interview setup. I was interviewed in a tiny closed cubicle no more than 8 feet x 8 feet; room for two one-seater couches and a tiny table. The wall was a whiteboard. There were 5 back to back 30 minute interviews, and while the interviewers were apparently supposed to ask if I needed water or a bathroom break, they often forgot to do so. The next interviewer was waiting right outside when the last interview ended. After we covered all of the technical content (about which I signed an NDA, so I unfortunately will not share the details of that), I had about 120 seconds to quiz my interviewer about what data science is like at Facebook.

I may have earned brownie points with one on-site interviewer for stopping him when he started asking me the same question that I had had during my phone screen. He thanked me and changed to a new problem.

I studied for the Data Scientist interviews by:
    a) coding in python (which I do for my job; they were happy to let me code in python for the on-site interviews)
    b) reviewing Stanford's online statistics 101 class
    c) doing a few 'hat trick' type probability puzzles

I was well prepared for their interview questions.

I heard back from my recruiter 1 week after on-site interviews and received a generous offer with a fungible 2-week acceptance deadline.

Ultimately, I felt that most of the data scientist projects (which I admittedly did not hear very much about) at Facebook were either in their infancy or related to ads. I think Facebook will be an incredible place to be a data scientist at in 2 years, but at the moment, there is more exciting work to be done elsewhere.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by an employee and immediately got in contact with a recruiter. It was because it was close to Thanksgiving/Christmas, so the process was relatively slow. It took ~3 weeks to schedule the first phone interview.

The person I spoke to was quite friendly. Similar to other experiences listed here, instead of asking clarifying questions, they tend to ask the same question multiple times.