Facebook

3.2

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2015.

First a screening phone call, then half-hour onsite, then 5 half-hour interviews. Almost all SQL & data analysis questions. Some logic/probability questions at the end. Very smooth & good communication. Not much else to say.

Interview Questions
    • They described a transactional table, ask for SQL on whiteboard to generate a fact table.   Answer Question

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

emailed my resume to a recruiter, contacted by another recruiter. Got a phone interview. I've been asked some of the questions that I was not expecting, like how to motivate yourself, have you ever went above and beyond your current job responsibility. There was also a question about your relationship with your current supervisor.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Facebook.

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. He was overly enthusiastic and was over selling FB!

I didn't have a phone interview. It was in person with a couple of product managers.

Recruiter walked me through the campus and talked about how great FB is. Then walked me into a tiny little conference room with a table and 2 chairs. The room was very small and uncomfortable. Felt very suffocated.

I interviewed with 2 product managers.

Questions were in the area of growth and analytics. Not hard but it helps to understand their POV because they are looking to understand how you answer the questions vs what your answer is.

I got the sense that they like to hire people in their 20s. I also learned from the recruiter that there aren't any women in Product Management. Seems like its a boys club and tough to get through !

I was very disappointed by the tone of the interview and overall both interviewers were full of themselves.

Interview Questions
    • What are the analytics you will track to increase usage?   View Answer

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone interview testing SQL competence and some analytical thinking. After this, they have an on-site, which consists of five or six short interviews testing SQL, probability/statistical skills, problem-solving with respect to a particular product. Overall a very pleasant process, and it all moves pretty fast, 1-2 weeks. SQL seems to be the only skill they really test for, which is nice, but also many people might be more comfortable doing certain tasks using other technologies, so SQL is heavily emphasized.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

FB is very efficient in hiring. The HR first sent some regular questions for me to answer, including the time to start working and so on, and then arranged the phone interview directly. On the same day of my phone interview, she arranged for onsite interviews. I was impressed with how efficient they are.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were not extremely difficult, but I can tell they want people who understand the most basic concepts really well and can code clean and bug-free at once or after a little bit hints. The design questions were challenging though. Be prepared for that.
      The interview questions include two sum, reverse integer, edit distance, clone graph, etc.

Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

I applied online for the position at Facebook and heard back from a recruiter within 48 hours. We scheduled a phone interview for the end of the week which was pretty informal. The role was discussed as well as my background and other similar general questions. The recruiter then scheduled a phone interview with a member of the team. The interview with the team member consisted on general background questions and some behavioral questions. After my second round interview I was then told I would be flown to Mountain View for a third and final round. I met with 4 interviewers back to back and this interview involved case study questions as well as a lot of ambiguous questions about the future of Facebook which I was not really expecting (esp the case question). I waited about 2 weeks to hear back from the recruiter and was told I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • How many Vacuums are there in the USA?
      How can you spot click fraud?
      How many mail boxes are there in San Francisco?

Answer Question

Safety Analyst, Community Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook.

I submitted my resume through their website and got an e-mail from HR a few days later asking to set up some time to talk on the phone. Phone screening was brief. Went into more detail about the position and the process as well as a few basic questions (why do you want to work at facebook? why this position? etc). Then I received an e-mail about setting up a time to talk with someone on the team. The interview with a team member was very regimented-as though they were reading a script. Pretty much all behavioral questions. They stuck to the time limit (half hour) very strictly so I felt a bit rushed.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Was referred by an employee working at Facebook. Was paired with a HR guy who facilitated the process via email. Did a phone interview with an engineer about a week after first contact. Did the technical interview and was told I would get a decision within the week. Didn't get a response after trying to follow up so I took it as a no.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. The technical question had something to do with rearranging letters in a word, can't remember the details anymore.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Contacted me over email after submitting to Facebook U. I had an interview with an engineer a month after I submitted my resume. The recruiter was very friendly and kind throughout the entire process.