Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook
- Software Engineer (499)
- Software Engineer Intern (80)
- Intern (58)
- User Operations Analyst (49)
- Product Manager (44)
- Software Engineering (33)
- Data Scientist (30)
- Production Engineer (28)
- Account Manager (27)
- Software Engineering New Grad (26)
- Product Designer (24)
- Senior Software Engineer (21)
- Software Engineering Intern (17)
- Online Sales Operations (16)
- Analyst (16)
- Software Developer (14)
- Front End Engineer (12)
- Data Engineer (11)
- Engineering (11)
- Product Specialist (10)
- Marketing (9)
- Android Developer (9)
- Product Analyst (8)
- Client Partner (7)
- Market Specialist, Community Operations (7)
- Technical Program Manager (6)
- Recruiter (6)
- Recruiting Coordinator (5)
- Engineer (5)
- Software Development Engineer (5)
Software Development Engineer Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.
I got two phone screens. Then Facebook flew me in from Europe for onsite interviews: 1 design interview, 1 "culture fit" interview, and 4 coding/datastructures. I did well to pretty much of all them except one coding. After about two weeks, the recruiter contacted me to tell me that they weren't able to take a decision, so I got an extra phone interview with a "very senior" guy a few days afterwards.
It was an enjoyable experience for most of it. The most important problem was one interviewer who was obviously not ready to give interviews: he was totally unable to explain the problem I was supposed to solve and was interrupting me every minute.
- write a program that solves linear equations with - + and * operators given as strings. For example the input can be: "8+5+x+3*x = 10-x+4*3*x" 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Facebook
Software Development Engineer InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA).
2 phone interviews Got a phone interview with FB through a recruiter . first 15 minutes are pretty standard background questions like what challenges or what you learned through previous projects and experience. Then followed by two coding questions:
- Not to difficult, but not well prepared Answer Question
Software Development Engineer InterviewNo Offer
Mostly the regular algorithm problem, like binary tree, linked list and string manipulations. A couple of them are related with real products of Facebook. One interviewer is particularly interested with the experience of distributed system.
- Edit distance of words and distributed system questions. 1 Answer
Software Development Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Facebook (Madison, WI) in February 2012.
Just ask Two questions
Use write board or paper to write down the code
Software Development Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Facebook (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2009.
- received offer to interview in email
- had a phone screen with recruiter
- had a phone screen with questions from a software engineer. The engineer was very difficult to understand. I asked him to pick up the handset and he said that he was unable to.
First question: for a random-ordered bucket of numbers 1 through 3000 with one number missing, how would you detect which number is missing?
- First question: for a random-ordered bucket of numbers 1 through 3000 with one number missing, how would you detect which number is missing? 4 Answers
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review