Facebook

Facebook Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.1

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Campus Interview. The interviewer is very nice and friendly. It is a 45 min interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook.

The guy is cool and nice. When I ask for a little clue, he said thanks for asking and the clue really help me out with the solution.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Recruited through college fair. Process was quick and easy and recruiter was very prompt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter after dropping my resume at the career fair. After 2 phone screens, I was invited to attend a 'University Day' at the Menlo Park office for one onsite interview. Each phone screen is generally about 45 minutes long and consists of 2-3 programming questions to be coded on Collabedit. The recruiter and interviewers were very helpful and extremely organized.

Interview Questions
    • All programming interviews. Mostly questions on recursion, backtracking, trees and graph theory. Be comfortable with data structures too. Questions from Careercup and Glassdoor are helpful for practice.   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer I received and did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

The questions are challenging. I survived to the second round which I think I did pretty good. I did not got the offer mainly because the first one I think. I cannot tell exactly what questions they asked, but I would only say cracking the coding interview is a book you have to digest. I found the all most same question on it.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot tell exactly what questions they asked, but I would only say cracking the coding interview is a book you have to digest. I found the all most same question on it. Not exactly the same one but the key idea is the same. I regret not going through it before the interview. The interviewer are really nice though, it was fun talking to them.   Answer Question

Software Engineer--Intern Interview

University Career Fair

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a linked list dynamically. So also, delete the nodes.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Met at campus career fair
    Submitted resume
    Invited to first round. A lot of chatting, then tech questions.
    Invited to second round at HQ. Tech interview in the morning, then lunch, and A LOT more chatting, and getting to know Facebook.

Questions.
    Round 1.
    1. Function to check if 2 words are anagrams
    2. Function to check if any 3 numbers sum to x.

Round 2.
    You are given 2 streams of data, representing very sparse vectors
    you are guaranteed that the 2 incoming streams are of same size
    give a data structure which is optimized for producing the dot product of those sparse vectors
    analyze your runtime/space complexity,
    b) what if you are now told that v1, is much more sparse than v2
    give another (or the same) data structure optimized for the dot product of any such 2 vectors (where 1 is more sparse than the other)
    analyze your runtime/space complexity,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

I was referred by an employee and received an email reply within 48 hours (Oct 28). My recruiter set up a phone screen within the week. It was a 45 minute technical interview that I found a solution for. Again, within 48 hours I received an email saying that I passed.

Facebook gave me an option of three "University day" on-site interview dates, each about a week apart from each other. I chose the last date, Dec 3rd, almost a month later. Facebook will cover all of your traveling fees, so no worries about the cost of flying across the country. The internship on-sites start with one 45-minute interview, then lunch (good food!), then a tour, then a quick presentation about why Facebook employees love working at FB, then an open Q&A with new FB employees.

By chance, my recruiter was hosting the interview group, so I got a super early-bird heads up that I received an offer before I even left FB headquarters! From what I gather by talking to other interviewees, you might have to wait 3 or 4 days to hear back from your recruiter. Good luck, everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Facebook loves graph theory and tree questions. Study up on these for sure. I feel like my questions were of average difficulty, not hard by any means. Some of the other interviewees I talked to received recycled questions that I've seen on this site and on careercup.   View Answer
    If you have another offer with some clout (like LinkedIn or Google), I hear you can negotiate even an internship salary. I was happy with the offer I received, so I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Applied through campus, had an on-campus interview and an on-site interview. Both were technical and had 1-2 questions. On campus interview was followed by a tour of the campus and some tech talks. Interviewers seemed more focused on thought process than whether I reached a correct answer. Overall questions were not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list of 4 billion integers, find an integer not in the list using 4MB of memory.   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

I received a mail from HR to give my basic information and programming skills. There was no phone interview with HR at all so we arranged technical interview through mail. The interviewer was very nice and polite, so you don't have to be scared at all. It will help you if you stuck.

Interview Questions
    • On my technical interview I was asked questions about time and space complexity, and to implement some simple algorithms. Example - check if string is a palindrome.   Answer Question